Why is GSP ducking his own division?

there are probably stupider threads you could make, but you'd have to try hard.

Because he is looking for biggest money fights which are outside his division AND less risk to his legacy if he loses outside his welterweight class.

If he lost to Bisping, it wouldn't have hurt his legacy as much as losing to Woodley for example.

More upside with less downside.

Woodley is a draw and can hurt his legacy. Why should he fight Woodley?

Because hes cleared the division twice and helped build the fuckin sport. He doesnt try to please retarded fans who want to see him keep doing so till he loses.

Wonderboy is also a deceptvely boring fighter actually. He is slightly more aggressive but is almost as content to sit back and counter for 25 minutes as Woodley is. People think he's more exciting than he is because Joe Rogan has a fetish for guys with Karate/TKD backgrounds and hypes the shit out of them. The main difference between the two I'd say is in octagon control... Wonderboy at least tries to control the center. Woodley has a way of riding the cage while circling away, periodically straight-up running away from opponents, then darting in for quick combos, then running again, which imo is the least aesthetically-pleasing brand of MMA that I've ever watched. You watch his fights and you get the feeling that if the octagon were 100 feet across Woodley would try to keep a distance of at least 70 feet at all times... that is his style. He is the most conservative point fighter we've ever had as a champion.

Colby was repeatedly getting tagged because he was keeping up pressure on Maia. He dominated that fight to a far greater degree than Woodley did his Maia fight.
Put it like this, if Woodley doesnt finish or deliver an impressive win against Till then I'll agree. Wht about u?

Put it like this, if Woodley doesnt finish or deliver an impressive win against Till then I'll agree. Wht about u?

I'd like to see Woodley find his aggression and hunger again but I think he plays it safe. If I had to guess, I think Till will be depleted from his cut and will gas early, and Woodley will outpoint him for the decision, and there will be more booing

Would like to be wrong. If Woodley starches him obviously I'llhave to reevaluate my opinion of him

I'd like to see Woodley find his aggression and hunger again but I think he plays it safe. If I had to guess, I think Till will be depleted from his cut and will gas early, and Woodley will outpoint him for the decision, and there will be more booing

Would like to be wrong. If Woodley starches him obviously I'llhave to reevaluate my opinion of him
Feel Till will pressure Woodley in the 1st and 2nd looking for a quick finish before he tries out.

That will put him in range of Woodley's ko power or Woodley takes dwn Till in the 3rd going all the way to a dominant decision.

He wants to get the LW belt and become triple champ. He said this on the Rogan podcast.

If he wanted to cement his 1 goat status he would win the WW belt back

Post usada..stands no chance. He has superman jab..and??? No ground game..no stand up ..no cardio..no gnp. He should be a ballarena.

By all means, deny Tyrun the opportunity at a legacy. Please do!

Some of his fights are not part of his safe space

GSP is the WW GOAT. He doesn't go after them. They come after him, but they gotta earn it.

GSP cares too much about the risk/reward thing these days. My opinion is that he has his eye set on one final payday, preferably with conor. Fighting anyone else before that, like Woodley or Silva, is too much of a risk to getting that fight.

GSP never plays Dana's game and is unlikely to ever get a Conor fight, unless Conor pushes for it himself.

GSP should not get another title shot. He should fight at a nearby catch weight with any champion as he will not defend the belt.

I'll still root for GSP in most fights, but I'm no longer a fan of him outside of the cage. He comes across as a snake and opportunist. With that said, it's better than doing what Fedor did to his legacy.

Why leave the division in shambles again? It's Rory's division when he gets back.

He is absolutely shook of Woodley, who would KO him stiff or beat him into a pulp.

He’s shook of a guy who lost to Shields and got tooled by his apprentice Rory?

Lol

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-11_9-47-50.gif
    upload_2018-8-11_9-47-50.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
He's shook and always has been. Most of his fan bois like him because of his skin color and some strange fantasy projections they cast on themselves.

Bold prediction: You are black.
Bolder prediction: Your favorite fighter is black.

Back