Why is everyone talking about the knee?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
When before that there were two clear vicious elbows to the back of the head right in front of the ref who didn't do shit. Fight should have been stopped and given Emmet time to recover. That was some bullshit

I find that wierd also. Is it because DC and Dom argued over it? Is it that easy for media to control a narrative?

The knee didn't affect the outcome of the fight. The elbows might have.

Idk why everyone is arguing about the stupid knee.

Those two elbows happened quick and barely anyone caught it before the replay where as the knee was more noticeable.

Also the argument could be made that Emmitt turned into those elbows where as if the knee landed, that would be in Jeremy's control.

A) The elbows landed in the "behind the ear" area imo.

B) Even if part of the elbow made contact with the Mohawk area on the back of the head, it's cus Emett moved his head like that. It's like the Belfort-Franklin thing (but not quite as obvious). Rich turned his head right into the punches, what do you want a guy to do?

Those two elbows happened quick and barely anyone caught it before the replay where as the knee was more noticeable.

Also the argument could be made that Emmitt turned into those elbows where as if the knee landed, that would be in Jeremy's control.

Except the knee missed. I really don't get the outrage. DC was acting like Emett is his son for christ sake. And the way he kept yelling at Cruz "Let Me Talk!!" then proceeded to plough overtop him anytime Cruz tried to counter anything he said....fuck that guy is annoying.

Because the elbows are questionable, even if you think they landed on the illegal area, whereas the knee was illegal from the very moment of intent through execution, blatantly illegal to the point of being ridiculous.

Except the knee missed. I really don't get the outrage. DC was acting like Emett is his son for christ sake. And the way he kept yelling at Cruz "Let Me Talk!!" then proceeded to plough overtop him anytime Cruz tried to counter anything he said....fuck that guy is annoying.

Well that's why there's more discussion over the knee because some people disagree with you where as the elbows a lot of us can agree that they DID land but it was because Emmitt turned into them.

Because the elbows are questionable, even if you think they landed on the illegal area, whereas the knee was illegal from the very moment of intent through execution, blatantly illegal to the point of being ridiculous.

The first elbow MAYBE but the second one I think was blatant. Stephens was in full on kill mode which is when he threw that elbow and then that knee. Fight should have been stopped

The first elbow MAYBE but the second one I think was blatant. Stephens was in full on kill mode which is when he threw that elbow and then that knee. Fight should have been stopped

Personally I'm not sure the elbows were illegal. Definitely should have been stopped & separated after the blatantly illegal knee attempt by Stephens though, whether it landed or not. A good referee should step in there, unfortunately Dan Mirg is the opposite of a good or competent referee.

Personally I'm not sure the elbows were illegal. Definitely should have been stopped & separated after the blatantly illegal knee attempt by Stephens though, whether it landed or not. A good referee should step in there, unfortunately Dan Mirg is the opposite of a good or competent referee.
I just watched it again and they seemed worse than I thought especially the second one.

I just watched it again and they seemed worse than I thought especially the second one.

I thought the second elbow landed behind the ear which (unlike what many think) is actually clean, not directly in the center line of the back of the head & one inch on either side, which is the only illegal area. I could be wrong though, only watched it live and the replays as they aired.

Either way it doesn't matter because the knee thrown was insanely illegal.

I thought the second elbow landed behind the ear which (unlike what many think) is actually clean, not directly in the center line of the back of the head & one inch on either side, which is the only illegal area. I could be wrong though, only watched it live and the replays as they aired.

Either way it doesn't matter because the knee thrown was insanely illegal.

Lol big Dan is on another level. Every time I see him I get flashbacks of Mir/Carwin.

And people thought the Shevchenko fight was bad...

Looking back at that, the elbows look clean to me.

The knee is obviously next-level ridiculously illegal though, and warranted immediate interference & a separation by the ref.

Right, I thought it landed, making it illegal, but his thinking of even trying to throw it from where he was..? What was he thinking? Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't a dq.

Lol big Dan is on another level. Every time I see him I get flashbacks of Mir/Carwin.

And people thought the Shevchenko fight was bad...

New fans don't know the endless depths of incompetence that is Dan Mirg.

He makes Yamasaki look like Marc Goddard

The elbows were fine because Emmet tried to scramble out. Stephens can't control what his opponent does in a scramble.

Looking back at that, the elbows look clean to me.

The knee is obviously next-level ridiculously illegal though, and warranted immediate interference & a separation by the ref.
I don't see how you see that last one as legal but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Cheers

Back