Why is everyone pretending that Kabib vs Mcgregor is going to be competitive

In the grappling department , Conor is a fish out of water , he is going to get completely destroyed, can´t Conor fan boys realize that Kabib can take Conor best shot , and completely ragdoll him on the condition & strength and wrestling department.

True odds is something like 90% Kabib vs 10% Conor

Stop pretending that this is going to be competitive, you are being sold wolf tickets

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif
I love how the vegas odds makers, and everyone else thinking its going to be competitive is "pretending", BUT you saying Conor will get completely destroyed, khabib will take his best shot, and ragdoll him isnt. In fact, you are imagining EXACT events taking place. The definition of pretending.
Then you slap on a 90 to 10 percentage as "true odds"...Once again, you are pretending. Honestly, look up pretending, comparing it what youre doing, and get back to me.....you fucking dummy

What evidence do you have to suggest Conor’s submission game is better than Khabib’s?

Khabib is a multiple-time world combat sambo champion.

He has never been submitted in 26 outings. Conor has. 3 times.

People seem to be making ridiculous claims for both fighters here. What is going on?

A bunch of weird comments on here about how Conor has a good ground game because he swept Nate.

Khabib will go through McGregor like a knife through butter on the ground.

Would like to see Conor win but I agree TS. Conor has a small chance

The gimmick ends on the 6th. No more midgets and easy stylistic matchups. Khabib is going to slaughter him standing and grappling

This fight will look similar to Ronda/Holm, Khabib is getting slept. He is extremely too hittable.

first off, Conor is a lightweight- that's his natural weight and where he fought before the UFC. His fights with Diaz weren't at welterweight because he decided to move up- it was because Nate didn't have time to cut. So while it's commendable that Conor accepted the fight, it was not quite as heroic as you want to remember it. I'll give him his props if he challenges Tyron for his belt.

Conor never missed weight at FW.. while Habib has... so Conor is more natural to FW than Habib is to LW... Yet Conor still went all the way to 170 and took a fight on short notice. And supposedly had a staph infection.. again.. no one on the planet would have even taken the fight other than Conor.. and then try to dominate Nate. That's why he's the Mc G.

Why are all the Conor haters pretending they didn't say the same thing about how Alvarez was going to ragdoll Conor and then got exposed... why are people believing Habib is legit when he hasn't fought anyone, misses weight all the time and is a one trick pony? Why do you think Habib won't get exposed too?

Typical dumb white belt comment complete with immature silly nicknames

I'm over here looking at khabibs resume like who da foook is dat guy
Camel shoeless
Pat Healy
Abel trulujoshskdio
1-5 michael Johnson
Edson barbozo aka the only fighter worth a shit who oddly enough survived to the bell, giving Khabib the dubious honor of being the only wrestler that Edson fought who didn't viciously stop him
Darrell hornecherr
Raging all iquita
Like literally hahah you guys are all putting your eggs in the wrong basket here

And who has Connor fought outside Aldo who he towered over? Still lost to fat Nate Diaz and barely scrapped by in the rematch. Nate Diaz who loses to any top contender at 155

Check out his early fights. They weren't even real fighters. Just some randos they pulled off the street lol. He has the most padded record I've ever seen.

Or he beat the guys he was suppose to while Connor was submitted by three of them. Stay mad. Conman will be humiliated come oct 6

And who has Connor fought outside Aldo who he towered over? Still lost to fat Nate Diaz and barely scrapped by in the rematch. Nate Diaz who loses to any top contender at 155
Jose Aldo top 5 p4p all time
Chad Mendes
Max Holloway current champ
Eddie Alveraz top 5 LW former champ
Dustin Porier top 5 LW
Fuck at this point Denis siver is a better win then 90% of khabibs resume

Can we all just agree that Khabib has no chance. He is like Eddie before the fight, totally shook and will forget his own game plan when that intimidating Irishman is putting him on blast in the middle of the octagon.
'You're dad is a filthy animal' etc, its gonna make Khabibs blood boil and get tunnel vision and then a brutal KO just like Cody TJ 2.

This makes no sense. Sure Eddie forgot the gameplan to wrestle but his instinct is to strike first. Kabib's instinct will never be to strike. His gameplan is his instinct.

I like Khabib over Mcgregor and you are right that Mcgregor if he wrestled Khabib would get destroyed but at the same time its not what he is going to do. I favor Khabib in this matchup 65 to 35 because of conditioning and he is the kinda fighter who doesnt let you get a break in, having said that when you have the power of Mcgregor in your hands you can never be counted out, you say he will be able to take Mcg best shots but we dont know that yet, Khabib has never been rocked or dropped but that doesnt mean it wont happen this fight.

This makes no sense. Sure Eddie forgot the gameplan to wrestle but his instinct is to strike first. Kabib's instinct will never be to strike. His gameplan is his instinct.
No such thing as instinct in fighting. Just like you cant instinctively drive a car, SOME awareness has to occur to drive correctly. If im driving along while an Irishman is shouting abuse in my face, im not going to drive anywhere near as good as if I was alone.
#RIPKhabib

Conor is a more than competent grappler. Fish out of water? No

Saying Khabib can take Conor's best shot is a reach at best... more likely that it's wishful thinking actually.

We'll see
Khabib v Conor in grappling is similar to Maia v Nelson. Gunnar Nelson is a more than competent grappler, beating most of his opponents by submission. But we all saw how he matched up against a much older Demian Maia. Gunnar was in way over his head from the first bell. This is not a slight to Nelson, I love his fights and I love watching him win by submission. He's excellent in fact. Maia's just a real master at ground fighting. Only here the difference in skill is much more pronounced.

Jose Aldo top 5 p4p all time
Chad Mendes
Max Holloway current champ
Eddie Alveraz top 5 LW former champ
Dustin Porier top 5 LW
Fuck at this point Denis siver is a better win then 90% of khabibs resume

1) Already gave props but still a midget
2) midget
3) Green and had a broken foot
4) Shop worn undersized midget with low IQ
5) Was nobody when they fought
6) Now we are getting desperate. Want to add Diego and Brimage because they were on TUF?

Khabib has fought guys at his weight class and embarrassed them whether they be strikers, grapplers, well rounded, etc. Connor when he wasn’t a weight bully and didn’t have the size advantage got smoked by a 19-11 fringe top ten guy

1) Already gave props but still a midget
2) midget
3) Green and had a broken foot
4) Shop worn undersized midget with low IQ
5) Was nobody when they fought
6) Now we are getting desperate. Want to add Diego and Brimage because they were on TUF?

Khabib has fought guys at his weight class and embarrassed them whether they be strikers, grapplers, well rounded, etc. Connor when he wasn’t a weight bully and didn’t have the size advantage got smoked by a 19-11 fringe top ten guy
Khabib has beat Darrell horcher 4 fights ago
4 fights ago Conor destroyed Aldo

Comparing resumes at this point is like comparing your IQ to a rat, totally unfair for you at this point

I think I agree with someone who said the odds are probably 60-40 Khabib.

Anyone that thinks Khabib will walk through Conor's best shots is crazy. However, the reality is Conor has 2, maybe 3 rounds to put Khabib away, otherwise he's losing a decision. And if Khabib does land early takedowns, he could even win the early rounds.

Basically I think 40% of the time Conor catches Khabib on the feet in rounds 1-3 and wins, and Khabib wins the other 60% he survives.

Back