Why is Connor backing out on a demand for rematch?

dont be surpirsed to see conor boince back, he has done it before.

Against Nate Diaz?

Khabib would literally use Diaz as a broom to mop up after he wrecks Conor again.

There are levels to this game.

nah diaz prob wont fight again plus hes been too imactive to really have him fight the top.

Against Nate Diaz?

Khabib would literally use Diaz as a broom to mop up after he wrecks Conor again.

There are levels to this game.

Diaz has cardio for days and is not slouch off his back - I see khabib winning but its by 3-2 decision

That's some selective reading right there.

He said he'd fight Khabib first or whoever is in line. There isn't any ducking

Well if you want an honest answer I'd say its a little bit of 3 things:
1) Khabib holds the cards now in terms of accepting a rematch or not so Conor would look even worse if he pined after a rematch.
2) He probably finally talked to Kavanagh about the next step and realized its not a bad idea to fight someone like Pettis next.
3) I honestly believe him when he says he is back because he enjoys fighting and not just a money grab... well I want to believe him anyway. If he fights 3x next year (assuming no injury) against guys that are a challenge like Khabib then I'll believe him.

Conor asking for an immediate rematch: "STFU and get in line, loser!"
Conor saying that he would take a warm up fight: "LOL he scared, what a loser, man up and fight Khabib!"
Wahhh wahhhh

damage control... they are looking for a way to salvage his career.
Seems to work with the guillible nuthuggers in this thread.

"He wants to fight the top contender, now people say he's scared"

Who did he sign to fight so far?
Who's he going to fight - rematch with Poirier?

Or is he about to fight Kevin Lee?
{<diva}

There's a better chance of him fighting Nate, Poirier, or fucking Siver than Lee or even Barboza.

Maybe then he'll give Floyd a rematch if he can get back in the win column.

That's some selective reading right there.

He said he'd fight Khabib first or whoever is in line. There isn't any ducking
I think you’re missing the point. Whoever is next in line is whoever he chooses. Dana let’s him have who he wants. Why beat around the bush instead of saying khabib?

Did he say Nate or whoever is next after their first fight? Heck, he even got it at 170.

Why call dana the morning after asking for a rematch but now talking about “whoever” is next in line like he’s not the one calling the shots? What changed?

Dana said Connor called and wanted a rematch. So Dana was down for it and this is the UFC, Connor gets any fight he wants.

Why is Connor talking this “next in line” crap? Next in line is whoever he wants.

Sounds like someone is scared to say khabib?

You're misrepresenting what he said.

He said if he doesn't get the rematch he'll fight the next in line. From my perspective that's a good thing. Not sure how you could find a negative in that.

Conor willing to fight other contenders >>> Conor demanding an immediate rematch that hardcore fans don't want to see.

Khabib probably accepted the rematch offer and now he’s scared shitless.

Because Khabib ignored the rematch offer and is already planning his next match with Tony, GSP or whoever it is.

Khabib is just posturing cause he holds the cards now. He’s not planning anything. The only talking has been about a Mayweather fight and no one really believes that’s going to happen.

Khabib would love nothing more than another easy fight with Connor for a record breaking payday.

If Connor wants it, it will happen. The question is, does Connor want a rematch or some mysterious next in line person?

Its either he realizes Khabib might not give him the rematch or he is playing a hand against them asking for more money/denying the rematch. Like he doesn't care so they might think 'crap we better take it'.

He knows he can't get carried on forever without earning his title shots. He did not earn a LW title shot. He lost to Diaz at WW, won a rematch, then beat Eddie, then lost to Khabib after being stripped of a title for not defending, in a dominating finish.

Tony has to be next.

Also, I think if Conor is smart he should stay clear of LW and try to get back at 145lbs. If he can't, then try to get the Diaz fight or a more winnable fight. The gap with Khabib is not surmountable.

Its all become a.............

IvIz.gif

His not going to really win any fight in his condition, people now will run him down to he's tired then beat him till he taps.

Conor should really go back to hard training if he wants a UFC career.

I'm a Conor fan but disappointed in many ways.

What we all need to see now is Khabib vs Tony Ferguson while Conor goes back 12 months intense training in all MMA ranges of fighting, to reinvent himself and get stronger learn from the last 3 fights Eg. DIAZ,FLOYD AND KHABIB his got heaps there to keep him busy and fix his stamina/endurance issues.

Its a joke if he comes back soon.....his just going to get mauled by many fighters now.........a circus show....

Last edited:
Not that it's exactly a revelation, but it seems Conor can't win with some of you people. You're determined to shit on him no matter what he does.

He demands an immediate rematch, you cry that he should have to earn one first.

He offers to take the next person in line instead (direct quote there), you mock him and claim he's afraid to ever fight Khabib again.

You're misrepresenting what he said.

He said if he doesn't get the rematch he'll fight the next in line. From my perspective that's a good thing. Not sure how you could find a negative in that.

Conor willing to fight other contenders >>> Conor demanding an immediate rematch that hardcore fans don't want to see.
Honestly this is a smart play on a few levels. Gives Conor a chance to get back in form, work on a few area where he was weak against Khabib (especially cardio), an opportunity to rebuild his brand a bit. If he comes back and fights Khabib in a few months and gets wrecked again then his career would be in tatters.

There are lots of good fights for Conor at LW. Lee, Ferguson, possible rematvhes with Holloway, Pettis or Poirier. Why would any real fight fan not want to see those fights?

He said IF he has to wait, He'll push for the rematch but maybe hes realised he might not get what he wants for once. Its good to hear hed take another fight

Back