why is cody getting a title shot?

Marlon knocked out a contender in a few seconds his last fight get your facts straight. Tj already koed Cody. Your argument is pathetic

My facts are straight, you can't read.

I said he was coming off the Sterling fight going into the Rivera fight. Re-read it.

Since he just fought Rivera, he isn't going to get a title shot because TJ has to fight and isn't going to sit out waiting on Rivera to recover from camp and his cut.

The only way he could have gotten this fight is if it was scheduled before the Rivera fight. So no, Moreas was not a deserving contender over Garbrandt at all at that point and probably still isn't.

Because guys who look like they should be big, bad champions according to Dana will always get moved to the front of the line. Ngannou, Hendricks, Romero, Garbrandt, etc. Dana is a fanboy at heart, he just happens to run the company.
Hendricks fought his way to the front of the line. He was initially skipped over by Diaz (who had just lost) for a title shot. Hendricks earned his title opportunities

My facts are straight, you can't read.

I said he was coming off the Sterling fight going into the Rivera fight. Re-read it.

Since he just fought Rivera, he isn't going to get a title shot because TJ has to fight and isn't going to sit out waiting on Rivera to recover from camp and his cut.

The only way he could have gotten this fight is if it was scheduled before the Rivera fight. So no, Moreas was not a deserving contender over Garbrandt at all at that point and probably still isn't.
You are a dumbass. How does moraes not deserve a title shot when he’s on a winning streak and Cody just got koed

this makes no sense. he get got koed. he was never able to even defend it. theres more deserving 135-er out there.

I agree. 1st fight was exciting, but not so much so that everyone was clamoring to see it again. I hope Moraes is on standby in case Cody pulls out.

You are a dumbass. How does moraes not deserve a title shot when he’s on a winning streak and Cody just got koed

He had won two fights in a row before the Cody fight was announced. Two isn't a streak.

You also got to look at who he beat.

this makes no sense. he get got koed. he was never able to even defend it. theres more deserving 135-er out there.

Probably because he rocked TJ and looked like the better fighter until he got clipped.

see this is exactly the problem with MMA. anyone can win at anytime.

1 fight doesn’t prove anything. Really it doesn’t. ESP KOs. If he was murking him for 25 min, that’s diff. Flash KOs to me, do not qualify as the better fighter. Just that night.

Ufc wants him as champion, for reasons I dont know

Only reason could be for his fighting style. Gotta admit he is fun to watch when hes KOing guys with his fast hands. You know they promote the fan friendly strikers more than the wrestle/grinder. At least he will provide an exciting fight and not be looking for TDs.

I hate immediate title rematches. The UFC is making these title shots into more of a world series best of 7 type of deal instead of actual meaningful bouts.

He does deserve it now after the win over Rivera, but not months ago when this fight was made. What's so hard to understand?

Read Article 7.4, Section 2 of the contract.
If a fighter with neck tats loses the belt, they get an insta-rematch.

He had won two fights in a row before the Cody fight was announced. Two isn't a streak.

You also got to look at who he beat.
Still Cody got knocked out. At least get a win before a title shot

What’s so hard to understand? He has a win and Cody doesnt

I understand that mate, but so what? If TJ-Cody and Moraes-Rivera had fought around the same time, I think he should have gotten the TS shot. But at the time the was nor clear #1 contender so the Cody rematch made the most sense. You can keep reapeting "Moraes has a win" all you want but that doesn't really change anything.

Besides, what do you suggest they do? Scrap the UFC 227 main event?

They want Cody to win so TJ moves down to fly to take the belt from MM. Mark my words, if Cody beats TJ, even by a razor thin decision, they won’t run a third. Not for awhile. They’ll give Dilly a shot at 125.

They want Cody to be their star. They don’t give a shit about TJ. They fucking hate Mighty Mouse.

Just my opinion.

They want Cody to win so TJ moves down to fly to take the belt from MM. Mark my words, if Cody beats TJ, even by a razor thin decision, they won’t run a third. Not for awhile. They’ll give Dilly a shot at 125.

Nah I think it would be impossible to deny TJ the rubbermatch.

He's getting a title shot for the same reason anyone gets chosen for a titleshot over the next guy: because they think it will sell more tickets. What is this, your first UFC? You think this is a legit sport or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back