why is cody getting a title shot?

since cody is coming off a lost. anyone else would of been in the right place and the right time.
The only guy left in the top 5 is Assuncao...Who also booked a fight while the UFC was trying to negotiate TJ X Mouse

Who else is there?
#6 Lineker who showed he had nothing for TJ not too long ago?
#7 Dodson who is win one then lose one recently and can't put together a streak?
Shall we go even further down the top 10?

It's almost as if he just beat cruz and held the belt.

He also crushed cruz worse than anyone. Also Cruz many thought would be THe next oponent me included. cruxlz imo was the best WW on the planet and Cody mopped him.

There is literally no argument for anyone else to get a title shot cept maybe Cruz because he did just beat the champ TJ before.

Cruz lost
Lineker lost
Lawler isn't an option

So I don't know who else was supposed to get this title shot. Porier?

Last edited:
The only guy left in the top 5 is Assuncao...Who also booked a fight while the UFC was trying to negotiate TJ X Mouse

Who else is there?
#6 Lineker who showed he had nothing for TJ not too long ago?
#7 Dodson who is win one then lose one recently and can't put together a streak?
Shall we go even further down the top 10?
lol those guys you listed at least have a win. cody is coming off a L

Its the most interesting fight in the division by far and already has real genuine hype behind it. Sure TJ koed him but it was extremely close and Cody almost starched TJ too...

It's almost as if he just beat RDA and holds the interim belt.

He also crushed Maia worse than anyone. Also RDA many thought would be Woodleys next oponent me included. RDA imo was the best WW on the planet and Colby mopped him.

There is literally no argument for anyone else to get a title shot cept maybe Till because he did just beat the number 1 guy.

RDA lost
Wonderboy lost
Lawler isn't an option

So I don't know who else was supposed to get this title shot. Porier?
learn how to read

I love threads about a fight that doesn't make sense but TS doesn't say what does make sense.

In principle I agree with where you are coming from, but in this case Cody is the best available contender. So yeah.

Can't see any other option doing decent numbers at this point.
The ufc needs to find a way to build up awareness of other contenders.

His dad asked dana

If Cody wins, UFC has their boy with the strap again and can set up a trilogy down the road. If TJ wins, then he has a couple guys ready to challenge for the belt immediately. I'm cool with it.
Like @Soul On Ice said, everyone else is tied up, I think the timing works out - and Moraes can take the winner whenever they can schedule it. 135 is a lot of fun right now!

He's got that George Michael look.

The UFC tries to manufacture on who they want the champ to be.

Since they can't fix fights they will give their preferred fighter opportunities to become a champ like No Dad.

Seriously.. Assuncao trilogy... Moraes or Rivera were more deserving at the time this fight was booked. Cody got gifted a title shot to begin with IMO.

Because everyone else was tied up. And because Cody is someone they see star potential in, especially after his rather impressive win over Cruz, they want to grant him another chance as becoming champion ASAP.

It’s become normal for the UFC to pull this shit. But whatever, it’s entertainment first and a sport second.

I met Cody today and we chatted for a bit. He was standing in front of Fabers house who lives on my block. We probably looked like two douches as we both were shirtless and wearing fancy sunglasses. Nice guy.

Back