why is cody getting a title shot?

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
this makes no sense. he get got koed. he was never able to even defend it. theres more deserving 135-er out there.

That may be true but it's the only fight I want to see at 135

The UFC invested money into making him a star and they are going to give him every chance possible. He's got the look that they like. I don't get it. I'd want to distance myself from neck tats, not promote it.

>UFC
>make sense

choose one, breh.

Because rematches are the cool thing to do and for some reason the UFC really wants Cody to be a star.

One of the few actually rivalries in mma. Tj got saved by the bell and then smoked cody in the second. It was a great fight for as long as it lasted. Dom's been out for 2 yrs and Rivera-moroes just fought.

One of the few actually rivalries in mma. Tj got saved by the bell and then smoked cody in the second. It was a great fight for as long as it lasted. Dom's been out for 2 yrs and Rivera-moroes just fought.
moraes and assuncao are more than ready, both on a winning streak too

Their first fight was awesome and super competitive, Cody almost finished TJ in the first. Plus it was aired on a massive card, so maybe their thinking that some casuals will be interested in seeing more of these guys.

But I agree with you on the general premise that instant rematches are bs. They seem to make them when they don't like the outcome of a fight, which is pretty insulting to the winner. But, the outcome ends up the same 9 times out of 10 and I can't even think of an example for that 10th time, so it's really a waste.

UFC needs to take a page from boxing book and dont matchup their former champs on rematches or highly ranked contenders, they end up with losing streaks, MMA isnt exactly a forgiving sport.

Fans tend to root for trash people with neck tats; specially fighters; and UFC is pushing that card because let’s be real, Dana and friends are not the classiest men out there.

giphy.gif

Because the UFC was positioning him to be one of their next big young stars. I think they fully expected him to beat TJ. So when they couldn’t put together TJ versus DJ, they immediately moved on giving Cody another opportunity. They absolutely want Cody to win this rematch.

Because there is no one else

Marlon and Rivera matched up when it looked like TJ was gonna fight the Mouse and the timing for the winner to fight TJ doesn't work now
Cruz is injured

The UFC aren't just gonna leave a healthy, willing champion on the shelf
Cody was just in the right place at the right time.

Because there is no one else

Marlon and Rivera matched up when it looked like TJ was gonna fight the Mouse and the timing for the winner to fight TJ doesn't work now
Cruz is injured

The UFC aren't just gonna leave a healthy, willing champion on the shelf
Cody was just in the right place at the right time.
since cody is coming off a lost. anyone else would of been in the right place and the right time.

should have been rivera fighting tj tbh, but he got wrecked by moraes now.

Back