Why is Chandler afraid to fight Primus?

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
Chandler avoids Primus like the plague and I don't understand it. He would likely smash Brent in a rematch and would also get his belt back in the process. What gives?

Chandler just doesn’t want to give primus attention. He feels primus isn’t worthy of it. Chandler is being a bit harsh, but he does have a point. Chandler speaking about primus will only make him sound bitter and give primus more of a spotlight.

A bit childish but whatever. Seems like he cannot cope with the fact that his opponent did damage to his leg that led to his injury and is too worried about his image to give credit to his opponent.

Probably because Primus kicked the shit out of him the last time they fought.

Probably because Primus kicked the shit out of him the last time they fought.
If that's the case then why doesn't Chandler jump at the opportunity to fight him again? 99% of fighters would be chomping at the bit to rematch the opponent that stole their belt. Example Joanna champion.

If that's the case then why doesn't Chandler jump at the opportunity to fight him again? 99% of fighters would be chomping at the bit to rematch the opponent that stole their belt. Example Joanna champion.
Chandler is bull shitting.

He is pretending like he doesn’t Care about the fight because he knows that it’s next for him.

Post fight interview on Saturday said it all “I don’t want to fight for the belt but Coker will probably book it next, so so bet it. I’m a model employee. I am so what I’m told”

Pretending like he is indifferent about something because he knows it’s practically his.

I honestly thought Primus had his number except that one time he got caught. Primus retains the belt in the rematch most likely. On another note, Chandler looked beastly against Yamauchi. I thought it would have been more competitive.

I dont know anything about Primus but I saw his fight against chandler and it seemed like he was better than Chandler.

Chandler is in denial about that fight big time

He is afraid that the same thing will happen with Primus as what happened with Will Brooks. When he first lost to Brooks he was acting like the fight was a lucky win for Brooks

When he rematched Brooks, Brooks took his soul

Chandler is mentally weak..just like Alister Overeem..

Is it a new meme where we pretend that Primus actually did hurt Chandler with a leg kick?

I still have the show on the DVR so I’ll check but I’m not seeing this “Primus has his number” and it was obvious Chandler was fine until he took a horrible step backing up that had nothing to do with a leg kick.

Is it a new meme where we pretend that Primus actually did hurt Chandler with a leg kick?

I still have the show on the DVR so I’ll check but I’m not seeing this “Primus has his number” and it was obvious Chandler was fine until he took a horrible step backing up that had nothing to do with a leg kick.

Primus threw a kick behind Chandler's calf and Chandler couldn't walk for the whole time he was in the cage. I'm pretty sure the kick damaged some nerves in Chandler's leg. I believe there was a video of a guy explaining what happened but I'm too lazy to find it.

He isnt afraid.

2 things. He wants big fights, given the way things are at WW if Rory beats someone like Koreshkov Chandler could be someone who jumps up and gets a big title fight vs Rory. Since Rory would have beaten Lima, Daley and Koreshkov at that point and Larkin even if he beats Gonzalez on Friday he'll need another win or two to erase his losing streak.

Thats what he wants, big fights.

Also word is he's possibly a free agent, not sure if he's a free agent now or soon but if thats true then avoiding a champ clause would be a smart move. Dont think he jump ship, think he's happy in Bellator, paid well and promoted as one of their faces of the org. Plus he's not the champ so not sure if UFC would give him a big deal to come over.

But he isnt scared of Primus, I think everyone would favor Chandler in a rematch.

It comes off as Chandler being a baby and going in the wrong direction.

It would be one thing if he lost a split decision and argued that he doesn't need to fight Primus again because he thought he won the fight and considers himself the best.

But Primus won the title via a fluke injury, and Chandler's attitude should be that he wants to go in there, smash Primus, reclaim the title, and nullify that loss on his record.

I do wonder if there's an element of this we're not seeing, IE: he's planning on leaving for the UFC and doesn't want to be stuck in a "champion's clause."

I thought on Champion's clause too
LMAO at being scared of Primus, guy was in the lucky side of close SDs so many times...

Chandler avoids Primus like the plague and I don't understand it. He would likely smash Brent in a rematch and would also get his belt back in the process. What gives?

Considering he is afraid to make his wife pregnant. Why does it surprise you that he's afraid of Primus? The guy is afraid to stand up to his wife, why would he want to face a man of Primus's stature.

To me it sounds like Chandler doesn't want to face Primus under any circumstance. His answer of wanting "big money fights" instead made no sense, the title in Bellator is where the money will be. Not like they have PPV point $$ . Even sponsorship cash is much higher with a title.

I'd bet that Chandler is waiting for anyone else to beat Primus for the title the suddenly he will decide he wants to fight for it again.

Not that I don't believe Chandler doesn't have the skillset to win.. But once a fighter puts a beat down and causes injury like that, Primus is in his head. That changes everything

C'mon people. We all know the real reason why Chandler wants no part of Primus.
wp_ss_20180118_0004.pngwp_ss_20180118_0004.png

Primus predicts that potential UFC contract is the reason Chandler didn't take the fight.
https://www.fightful.com/exclusive-...isn-t-fighting-him-next-because-potential-ufc
"That's the only thing I can think of. He literally could have fought me for the belt instead of somebody else. He might not be scared of me, but he might be scared of the outcome of the fight. If he takes another loss to me, it's going to be really hard for him to get another title shot. He's at the end of his contract, he has one more fight. They don't want to do a Will Brooks thing and have him maybe win a fight and then go to the UFC. I was wanting that rematch and had an awesome game plan for sure,"

People not giving Primus credit for the win remind of when Woodley destroyed Condit's knee. Chandler maybe angling for the UFC so maybe there is more to it than not wanting to be a Bellator champ.

Chandler has beaten Alvarez, Henderson, and Patricky and he's supposed to be afraid of a fluke champion like Primus?

Chandler probably want to sign with the UFC. He's been with Bellator for like 7 years and has won the title twice. Let's be honest, there's nothing in Bellator that Chandler hasn't done yet.

Back