Why is Cat Zingano so inactive?

No MMA fan should want to see a competitor hurt more than necessary. Go watch a street fight if you really enjoy that.

In any case, I don't think all that would've happened had the fight continued. But it's been over for a while, and I won't bother debating it here. My point was that holding wins over Nunes and Tate doesn't make someone legendary, but I think Zingano possibly can be legendary.
No one considers that a 'controversial stoppage' except for morons. 'Controversial' implies that an overwhelming number of people expressed that they had a problem with it. For example: Machida vs. Shogun 1. That wasn't the case with Zingano vs Tate.

No one considers that a 'controversial stoppage' except for morons. 'Controversial' implies that an overwhelming number of people expressed that they had a problem with it. For example: Machida vs. Shogun 1. That wasn't the case with Zingano vs Tate.
Your opinion of controversial aside, the fact is it was a disputed stoppage (perhaps disputed is a word that suits you better). Among those who disagreed with it were Ronda herself and a writer for the New York Post -- and I'm going to give them more credibility than someone who brashly calls people "morons" on the Internet.

But as I mentioned, this is of little relevance now. My point, again, was that holding a win over Tate and a win over Nunes are the highlights of Zingano's career, which is why I disagreed with someone calling her an "icon" and a "legend."

I'm pretty sure that an "icon" is someone who most people are reminded of when they think about MMA -- someone like Fedor Emelianenko, Ronda Rousey, the Gracies, and Conor McGregor. Not Cat Zingano.

I'd define a "legend" as one of the more accomplished fighters in the history of the sport -- someone like Miesha Tate (three-time champion, tournament winner), Carla Esparza (two-time champion, tournament winner) or Ronda Rousey (two-time champion, multiple defenses). Not Cat.

But again, I like Cat a lot, and this is no knock on her career. I hope she does even greater things.

Last edited:
Your opinion of controversial aside, the fact is it was a disputed stoppage (perhaps disputed is a word that suits you better). Among those who disagreed with it were Ronda herself and a writer for the New York Post -- and I'm going to give them more credibility than someone who brashly calls people "morons" on the Internet.

But as I mentioned, this is of little relevance now. My point, again, was that holding a win over Tate and a win over Nunes are the highlights of Zingano's career, which is why I disagreed with someone calling her an "icon" and a "legend."

I'm pretty sure that an "icon" is someone who most people are reminded of when they think about MMA -- someone like Fedor Emelianenko, Ronda Rousey, the Gracies, and Conor McGregor. Not Cat Zingano.

I'd define a "legend" as one of the more accomplished fighters in the history of the sport -- someone like Miesha Tate (three-time champion, tournament winner), Carla Esparza (two-time champion, tournament winner) or Ronda Rousey (two-time champion, multiple defenses). Not Cat.

But again, I like Cat a lot, and this is no knock on her career. I hope she does even greater things.
The word of Ronda Rousey and a writer for the New York Post does not make something 'controversial'. How many other MMA fighters complained? How many other MMA writers complained? How many MMA fans complained? I was on Sherdog when the fight happened. There was no 'controversy' at all. The overwhelming majority of us felt that the stoppage was perfectly fine and didn't complain. There were a couple of idiots/complainers, like there is for every fight, but they only represented a microscopic minority of posters. Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit was controversial. Machida vs Shogun 1 was controversial. Nam Phan vs Leonard Garcia was controversial. Weidman vs Mousasi was controversial. Werdum vs Overeem III was controversial. This was not. Disputed by an insignificant number of people? Sure. I remember some people even disputed the Cody Garbrandt/Dominick Cruz decision. People are dumb.

I don't care about the other nonsense. I only wanted to respond to the 'controversial stoppage' claim. I don't consider Zingano a 'legend', but he has a point when he says that standards are lower for women fighters.

Last edited:
The word of Ronda Rousey and a writer for the New York Post does not make something 'controversial'.
I believe I put opinions on wording aside and highlighted the fact that it was disputed -- though you can easily find other publications that use the term controversy. But this is becoming silly. The point is the stoppage came with some prominent objections.

I don't consider Zingano a 'legend', but he has a point when he says that standards are lower for women fighters.
I'll agree with that, but she's not a legend by either standard -- at least not yet.

I'm LMFAO at you making the SUG 2 champ an important achievement (she even defeat Eye<45>)

I'm LMFAO at you making the SUG 2 champ an important achievement (she even defeat Eye<45>)
Actually, I was referring to the fact that Miesha Tate is...
  • A Freestyle Cage Fighting Champion
  • A Strikeforce Champion
  • A UFC Champion
You can LOL at whatever you want, but I'm pretty sure that winning the FCF title was a significant achievement in those days, before women were anywhere close to the UFC. In any case, she's one of the most accomplished women in the sport's history.

But this is about Cat, and pretty much everything has already been said on that matter.

Last edited:
Back