Why is Cat Zingano so inactive?

didn't her husband kill himself. juice must not be worth the squeeze imo

Because she's a single mom due to her husband committing suicide.
She has a lot to deal with.
Werent her and her husband estranged?

Also, she wasnt fairly active prior to that from what i remember.

She just doesnt want to fight it seems to me.

She's reportedly on her way back now. It's just a question of who her opponent is.

She's reportedly on her way back now. It's just a question of who her opponent is.
It's Ketlen Vieira

DO5djQCWAAAM40B.jpg

Haven't been able to figure out what her deal is. There's lots of fighters that have kids. She also seemingly trains full time if you follow her social media. How she manages to make a living, or even afford to live at all is beyond me.

She obviously isn't very hungry to be great in the sport, otherwise she wouldn't take a full year off after a loss.

When she lost to Ronda, I thought for sure she was going to come back as quickly as she could and get back to that title, but then she just disappeared.

I refuse to be a fan of anyone who fights once a year. She's basically thrown her prime away for reasons unknown to us. Her career is essentially over at this point. With one fight per year and at her age, she's not going any further than she already has.

Even if she has her one fight this year, I think she's done, win or lose.

Probably lives a modest life and gets paid for coaching/repping the gym.

Sad, she had every quality to destroy Ronda but made one of the biggest blunders in a title fight. I'd still give her a favorable chance to beat Nunes. Shes a warrior and will stand and bang with her.

It's Ketlen Vieira
Thanks.

Sad, she had every quality to destroy Ronda but made one of the biggest blunders in a title fight. I'd still give her a favorable chance to beat Nunes.
I'd like nothing more than this, except maybe McMann winning the title. I think Women's Bantamweight has gotten quite boring in the UFC (and I'm not blaming that on Ronda's absence at all), so an active Zingano would certainly help.

Does anyone know how she pays her bills? I've noticed a bunch of female fighters take long breaks in between fights. How to they keep the lights on?

Haven't been able to figure out what her deal is. There's lots of fighters that have kids. She also seemingly trains full time if you follow her social media. How she manages to make a living, or even afford to live at all is beyond me.

She obviously isn't very hungry to be great in the sport, otherwise she wouldn't take a full year off after a loss.

When she lost to Ronda, I thought for sure she was going to come back as quickly as she could and get back to that title, but then she just disappeared.

I refuse to be a fan of anyone who fights once a year. She's basically thrown her prime away for reasons unknown to us. Her career is essentially over at this point. With one fight per year and at her age, she's not going any further than she already has.

Even if she has her one fight this year, I think she's done, win or lose.

I agree with everything and it's a shame since she have a lot to offer to the division

Because she's a single mom due to her husband committing suicide.
She has a lot to deal with.
I highly doubt it's that, if anything that's incentive to fight more than once a year to bring in as much income as possible, you can't avoid work because your husband dies, it sounds harsh but it's just the reality of life, she's not young, she needs to make money.

her husband committed suicide dude..that will fuck with ANYONE, doesn't matter how mentally strong you are.

I think he was the one who pushed her into MMA as well, irc

She wasn't always there even before that. Mauricio was living through her success. He tried out for TUF, didn't get selected, and was never able to live with it. All the other let downs piled on top and he wasn't able to deal with it anymore. Terrible situation for everyone involved. Mental illness is real and it will get you.

Does anyone know how she pays her bills? I've noticed a bunch of female fighters take long breaks in between fights.
It could be that she made a lot of money off of the Ronda fight -- even though that sounds weird given how short it was.

I'm not sure how that could be, though, since the UFC apparently limits people's sponsorships with this Reebok thing (if I understand it correctly).

As for the long breaks, it seems that a lot of women WANT to compete, but the UFC executives are stalling. That's probably a big part of why Women's Bantamweight has gotten so boring.

She also blew her knee up and had a big surgery on it as well as other procedures on both of her knees that required a lot of downtime

I've always had this wierd lust for cat.
I don't think it's "weird" to find Cat attractive. A lot of people do. I think that she and Sarah Moras are beautiful. I just hope that they'll compete a bit more frequently now that they're back.

I don't think it's "weird" to find Cat attractive. A lot of people do. I think that she and Sarah Moras are beautiful. I'm just hoping they'll be competing a bit more frequently now that they're back.
I mean weird, like I would take her over megan olivi. dead serious

It could be that she made a lot of money off of the Ronda fight -- even though that sounds weird given how short it was.

I'm not sure how that could be, though, since the UFC apparently limits people's sponsorships with this Reebok thing (if I understand it correctly).

As for the long breaks, it seems that a lot of women WANT to compete, but the UFC executives are stalling.
That's probably a big part of why Women's Bantamweight has gotten so boring.
Yea I was going to mention that. UFC don't seem to know what to do with the active girls. I remember Sara Moras was shelved for for some time, despite being healthy and ready to fight.

Back