Why is boxrec worse than before?

Didn't read, what would be better is if you went back to boxing scene.

From The Ring's official website. Oscar (with Golden Boy Enterprises) owns The Ring, and Oscar happens to be Canelo's promoter at Golden Boy Promotions.

Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan both weigh in at 155 pounds

LAS VEGAS – Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan on Friday both weighed in at the catch weight of 155 pounds for Saturday’s pay-per-view fight at the new T-Mobile Arena.

This is Alvarez’s fourth straight fight with a 155-pound catch weight, which is five pounds under the 160-pound limit.
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/421259-canelo-alvarez-and-amir-khan-both-weigh-in-at-155-pounds

Should Michael Rosenthal be fired for making such a glaring mistake TWICE in the same article?

#CaneloweightNotMiddleweight

Last edited:
Didn't read, you're own opinion says what?

your*

That isn't my opinion, it's better. That's actually a fact written by a journalist that writes for The Ring's website. The Ring is owned by Golden Boy, therefore, he's an employee of theirs.

You heard it from Golden Boy yourself. If you really want I'll give you a link to Oscar saying it or even B-Hop. Wouldn't be too hard to find them calling it a catchweight, since that's what Canelo's been fighting at. ;)

That isn't my opinion, it's better. That's actually a fact written by a journalist that writes for The Ring's website. The Ring is owned by Golden Boy, therefore, he's an employee of theirs.

You heard it from Golden Boy yourself. If you really want I'll give you a link to Oscar saying it or even B-Hop. Wouldn't be too hard to find them calling it a catchweight, since that's what Canelo's been fighting at. ;)
Didn't read.

It's more fun not reading this guys non opinion. I guess posting on forums where journalists did conditions you to this. Has anyone seen the film superstar, Kovalevs saggy skin is will Ferrell.

It's more fun not reading this guys non opinion. I guess posting on forums where journalists did conditions you to this. Has anyone seen the film superstar, Kovalevs saggy skin is will Ferrell.

"Canelo is not a middleweight," said Golden Boy Promotions Vice President Eric Gomez, and Alvarez's promoter. "If Gennady wants to make the fight, maybe we can talk about some catch-weight where Gennady comes down and Canelo goes up, but he's truly a 154-pounder."

Canelo himself says that he is not a Middleweight but rather a Super Welterweight.

“I’m not a middleweight,” Alvarez said when discussions veered to a potential showdown with IBF and WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. “I’m a super welterweight. That’s my weight class. I wanted to fight this time for some sort of title at super welter.”

Gomez agrees that Alvarez is not a middleweight even though he holds middleweight titles.

“There’s a big misconception, people keep calling Canelo a middleweight,” Gomez said. “Look at his record. The highest he ever fought was at 155. He can still make 154 comfortably and he said it all along: Whenever his body feels that he has to make the change and jump, that’s when he’ll do it. He’s not a middleweight. The only reason he became middleweight champion is because he wanted to fight Miguel Cotto.”

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/413293-canelo-alvarez-makes-it-clear-im-not-a-middleweight

Canelo says he isn't a Middleweight and his promoters say he isn't a Middleweight. Therefore, he's not a Middleweight (until he fights at 160 lbs). I'm glad this has been cleared up from the horse's mouth.

I saw a bunch of quotes and no opinion so i didn't read. Do you have an opinion or just slobber boxing "journalists"?

I saw a bunch of quotes and no opinion so i didn't read. Do you have an opinion or just slobber boxing "journalists"?

Canelo is a journalist? I thought he was a boxer? More investigation is needed. That GBP promoter is totally opinionated though in mirroring Canelo's own opinion of himself!

Normally I wouldn't respond about my appreciation threads but the truth is, for the most part, we have fun here in this forum. That thread is there because myself and another poster made duplicate RBR threads on a fight night. I edited mine to "Seano Appreciation Thread" as a goof thinking people would have a bit of fun with it and then it would die. I didn't expect it would ever be bumped years later.

I'm a bit of a dick at times but I would not make a Seano Appreciation thread with any serious intent.

With that out of the way, I need to address the second half of your post- Don't talk down to the posters here about boxing. You don't even understand how weight classes work and you show up here bragging about being from Boxingscene, which boasts some of the shittiest posters I've seen this side of Eastside. I've been a boxing fan for over 30 years. I've posted at Eastside boxing, NOBS and a few others and the hardcore fans here are as knowledgeable about the sport as anyone on any other fan forum.

You are certainly not doing a thing to enlighten this forum, so cram the attitude up your ass.

For real this forum is pretty awesome. Mostly b/c of me but all in all this is a very knowledgeable forum and at the end of the day if you are a good contributor you'll stick around if you're not you won't last long. That much is definitely true in the years I've been here.

For real this forum is pretty awesome. Mostly b/c of me but all in all this is a very knowledgeable forum and at the end of the day if you are a good contributor you'll stick around if you're not you won't last long. That much is definitely true in the years I've been here.
So why are you still here?

Basically go on Wikipedia make up an argument and see how it takes us. At the end senri can tell us how we messed up.

No homo.

Since Sir Seano showed me the truth about the sweet science I have since decided to edit Canelo's Wikipedia page for accuracy. There are many "catchweight" mentions but I just wanted to remove the instances from his last two fights under the Notes column on his record. This pending change will be reviewed and, if accepted, Canelo fans around the world will be rejoicing after realizing that they were not catchweights at all, but in fact, legit MIDDLEWEIGHT bouts!

The IP Address I used is an anonymous HTTPS proxy's belonging to the Indiana Department of Education/IDE. Wikipedia does a decent job blocking public VPN and TOR exit node IP's, but, being uber, their CIDR NetRange-based blacklist is peanuts to bypass.

My pending "accurate" edit -> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Canelo_Álvarez&oldid=722294533

If my pending change is rejected then I will APPEAL and tell these fools that those two fights at 155 fell within the Middleweight division's weight limit! Therefore, there should be no mention of them being catchweight contests whatsoever. Let the good times roll, Canelo fans! We're gonna set the record straight! :D

The original (still current) -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canelo_Álvarez

#Justice4Canelo

Last edited:
Since Sir Seano showed me the truth about the sweet science I have since decided to edit Canelo's Wikipedia page for accuracy. There are many "catchweight" mentions but I just wanted to remove the instances from his last two fights under the Notes column on his record. This pending change will be reviewed and, if accepted, Canelo fans around the world will be rejoicing after realizing that they were not catchweights at all, but in fact, legit MIDDLEWEIGHT bouts!

The IP Address I used is an anonymous HTTPS proxy's belonging to the Indiana Department of Education/IDE. Wikipedia does a decent job blocking public VPN and TOR exit node IP's, but, being uber, their CIDR NetRange-based blacklist is peanuts to bypass.

My pending "accurate" edit -> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Canelo_Álvarez&oldid=722294533

If my pending change is rejected then I will APPEAL and tell these fools that those two fights at 155 fell within the Middleweight division's weight limit! Therefore, there should be no mention of them being catchweight contests whatsoever. Let the good times roll, Canelo fans! We're gonna set the record straight! :D

#Justice4Canelo
Thanks saul

#Justice4Canelo
Seriously, you are a straight up moron.

Basically go on Wikipedia make up an argument and see how it takes us. At the end senri can tell us how we messed up.

No homo.

You seem more delicious when you begin to absorb in unison with Mr Trauma. I look forward to seeing the fusion of ideas you two can spread into the world.

As for the thread itself it's particularly interesting seeing the semantics being thrown around here when it comes to weightclass, in the end I have sensed some regression from our colleague Mr Bag. You need to be careful my friend, you are slowly being masticated and it won't be long before you will be consumed. I can comfort, for I'm all about enlightening all human beings on this earth.

This reminds me of weightlifting in the olympics, but nobody argues about weight classes in that sport except for the female species from time to time. How it works is, you are a pound or kilo overweight, you enter another weightclass, the upper limit is stated but nobody is ever at that particular weight, if anything they are always below the weight in question to have an advantage. Why do you ask? Well if your competitor lifts the same weight as you, yet weighs a bit heavier than you, the result ends up where you win by default because you were the lighter athlete, so they always needs to lift 2 kilos more to beat you.

What everyone is telling you Mr Bag is that the middle weight class is from 155 to 160 lbs, no matter where in that spectrum of weight it is middleweight. There is semantics being thrown around by pundits, and folks in the industry trying to put out a certain narrative, a story using weight as a euphemism for weakness etc. In the end it is still the middleweight class, catchweights is just a silly word being thrown around for what is essentially picking a specific weight for a fight within that weightclass. Canelo and management just have all these contingencies put in place for that's the nature of the business, fighters are hardly the problem here if that is what draws your fire, you should seek Mr Hoya. He wants to maintain integrity in his fighter for he wants to lick him for as long as he can, how can you not really, Canelo is delicious sweet silky flesh. Also note that these things come with the territory of being a top class marketable fighter.

It's no matter to me, what we all need is the succulent drop of red wine being spilled on to the canvas of violentia, what we want is to consume the elite flesh of pugilists who sacrifice themselves for us. I just want to be in the locker room of the fighters after the battle of chaos. Can you imagine, stepping into those double doors, immediately overwhelmed with the surge of body heat as you take in and breathe the heavy humid air, smelling the droplets of iron that dance with the molecules of the wind. I want to witness the recovering fighters coming to grips with the battle as the doctors patch them up so they don't lose the sweet sweet nectar. I want to see it spurt out from their flesh, for that is the evidence of tribulations culminated in that very day. Tasting the waters of tribulation...

Nw6qN2F.gif

Last edited:
You seem more delicious when you begin to absorb in unison with Mr Trauma. I look forward to seeing the fusion of ideas you two can spread into the world.

As for the thread itself it's particularly interesting seeing the semantics being thrown around here when it comes to weightclass, in the end I have sensed some regression from our colleague Mr Bag. You need to be careful my friends, you are slowly being masticated and it won't be long before you will be consumed. I can comfort, for I'm all about enlightening all human beings on this earth.

This reminds me of weightlifting in the olympics, but nobody argues about weight classes in that sport except for the female species from time to time. How it works is, you are a pound or kilo overweight, you enter another weightclass, the upper limit is stated but nobody is ever at that particular weight, if anything they are always below the weight in question to have an advantage. Why do you ask? Well if your competitor lifts the same weight as you, yet weighs a bit heavier than you, the result ends up where you win by default because you were the lighter athlete, so they always needs to lift 2 kilos more to beat you.

What everyone is telling you Mr Bag is that the middle weight class is from 155 to 160 lbs, no matter where in that spectrum of weight it is middleweight. There is semantics being thrown around by pundits, and folks in the industry trying to put out a certain narrative, a story using weight as a euphemism for weakness etc. In the end it is still the middleweight class, catchweights is just a silly word being thrown around for what is essentially picking a specific weight for a fight within that weightclass. Canelo and management just have all these contingencies put in place for that's the nature of the business, fighters are hardly the problem here if that is what draws your fire, you should seek Mr Hoya. He wants to maintain integrity in his fighter for he wants to lick him for as long as he can, how can you not really, Canelo is delicious sweet silky flesh. Also note that these things come with the territory of being a top class marketable fighter.

It's no matter to me, what we all need is the succulent drop of red wine being spilled on to the canvas of violentia, what we want is to consume the elite flesh of pugilists who sacrifice themselves for us. I just want to be in the locker room of the fighters after the battle of chaos. Can you imagine, stepping into those double doors, immediately overwhelmed with the surge of body heat as you take in and breathe the heavy humid air, smelling the droplets of iron that dance with the molecules of the wind. I want to witness the recovering fighters coming to grips with the battle as the doctors patch them up so they don't lose the sweet sweet nectar. I want to see it spurt out from their flesh, for that is the evidence of tribulations culminated in that very day. Tasting the tribulations of water...

Nw6qN2F.gif
I'm laughing so much. Classic.

your*

Don't bother with Sunfish, he just says shit to endear him to his heroes, if this was a prison we all know who would be the sissy boy, taking it up the ass for approval.

Don't bother with Sunfish, he just says shit to endear him to his heroes, if this was a prison we all know who would be the sissy boy, taking it up the ass for approval.
Thanks for following me around, I appreciate I've made so much impact in your life. Who are this heroes by the way?

Back