Why is boxrec worse than before?

S

o you're admitting you're wrong and calling seano my friend? Good for you.

I don't give a fuck. Canelo, like I've said, should fight ggg at 160 in an ideal world. I'm a businessman, so I understand why it's being negotiated. Problem?

Isn't he? Seano has like two appreciation threads man. Didn't you post in one of them? Boxing is a business first and a sport second when it should be the other way around for the fans AND the fighters. That's the problem with you "businessmen" in boxing, not that you know shit about business or boxing, for that matter.

Isn't he? Seano has like two appreciation threads man. Didn't you post in one of them? Boxing is a business first and a sport second when it should be the other way around for the fans AND the fighters. That's the problem with you "businessmen" in boxing, not that you know shit about business or boxing, for that matter.
I bumped it because I post here and felt like it. I run my own business. I know how things work. You clearly don't. Again, you're making yourself look like a fool, if you stop now people might not notice.

Anyone reading this note that that the stupid shit he tried to call me on made him look like a dick because he can't read.

Normally I wouldn't respond about my appreciation threads but the truth is, for the most part, we have fun here in this forum. That thread is there because myself and another poster made duplicate RBR threads on a fight night. I edited mine to "Seano Appreciation Thread" as a goof thinking people would have a bit of fun with it and then it would die. I didn't expect it would ever be bumped years later.

I'm a bit of a dick at times but I would not make a Seano Appreciation thread with any serious intent.

With that out of the way, I need to address the second half of your post- Don't talk down to the posters here about boxing. You don't even understand how weight classes work and you show up here bragging about being from Boxingscene, which boasts some of the shittiest posters I've seen this side of Eastside. I've been a boxing fan for over 30 years. I've posted at Eastside boxing, NOBS and a few others and the hardcore fans here are as knowledgeable about the sport as anyone on any other fan forum.

You are certainly not doing a thing to enlighten this forum, so cram the attitude up your ass.

I bumped it because I post here and felt like it. I run my own business. I know how things work. You clearly don't. Again, you're making yourself look like a fool, if you stop now people might not notice.

Anyone reading this note that that the stupid shit he tried to call me on made him look like a dick because he can't read.

I started my own business when I was 22 years old while still in college. I'm 34 now. I continue to sell commercial software and have made more business transactions than you have in your life. I have the e-commerce customer order receipts to prove it.

You had to resort to personal insults because you got taken to school. Again, if 155 pounds was really viewed as Middleweight then Canelo's last two fights would not have been called "catchweight" fights. Technically, they could have been called Middleweight contests since 155-160 lbs is Middleweight but in boxing, just as they do in the UFC under the Unified Rules, they take the upper limit of each class as the default weight in reference to each division.

This is simple, yet Seano wanted to argue based on a weak technicality that even the boxing world doesn't agree with. You then tried to play white knight and got knighted, sir. lol

I started my own business when I was 22 years old while still in college. I'm 34 now. I continue to sell commercial software and have made more business transactions than you have in your life. I have the e-commerce customer order receipts to prove it.

You had to resort to personal insults because you got taken to school. Again, if 155 pounds was really viewed as Middleweight then Canelo's last two fights would not have been called "catchweight" fights. Technically, they could have been called Middleweight contests since 155-160 lbs is Middleweight but in boxing, just as they do in the UFC under the Unified Rules, they take the upper limit of each class as the default weight in reference to each division.

This is simple, yet Seano wanted to argue based on a weak technicality that even the boxing world doesn't agree with. You then tried to play white knight and got knighted, sir. lol
Are you seriously still arguing that a fighter who weighs 155 pounds is not middleweight? There is no weight class between Junior middle and Middle. The JMW limit is 154. That means anything over 154 is middleweight. Canelo is a middleweight and has fought at middleweight for a couple of years now.

I have said 155 is middleweight and said canelo had no business asking people to fight there.

I don't mention UFC so put that back in your pants.

You don't know me or my business so if you're doing better than me good for you, I doubt it but good for you.

You also doubt I have the degree I have. But again good for you.

If you approach life the way you approach forums you probably have no wife/girlfriend and no business but I don't know so good for you. I don't bench 275, I can't sell 4 million ppvs etc...

What I do know is you start petty arguments, lose them, move the goalposts, carry on losing and claim wins. I can draw conclusions on you from that but if you're the next Steve jobs hats off to you.

Normally I wouldn't respond about my appreciation threads but the truth is, for the most part, we have fun here in this forum. That thread is there because myself and another poster made duplicate RBR threads on a fight night. I edited mine to "Seano Appreciation Thread" as a goof thinking people would have a bit of fun with it and then it would die. I didn't expect it would ever be bumped years later.

I'm a bit of a dick at times but I would not make a Seano Appreciation thread with any serious intent.

With that out of the way, I need to address the second half of your post- Don't talk down to the posters here about boxing. You don't even understand how weight classes work and you show up here bragging about being from Boxingscene, which boasts some of the shittiest posters I've seen this side of Eastside. I've been a boxing fan for over 30 years. I've posted at Eastside boxing, NOBS and a few others and the hardcore fans here are as knowledgeable about the sport as anyone on any other fan forum.

You are certainly not doing a thing to enlighten this forum, so cram the attitude up your ass.

I do know how weight classes work. Like I was under the impression that all Heavyweight fighters would be the upper limit (lol, in the UFC that's 265 pounds and in pro boxing there is no upper limit). GTFO with that. Some 75% of what you guys post here comes from Boxing Scene and the YTBC, where I come from. I never bragged, I was asked where I came from and I answered. There's a difference.

Now, answer my question and stop ducking like your hero Canela. Since technically the Middleweight division's range is between 155-160 pounds, then how come the upper limit is ALWAYS taken by default when referencing divisions (except Heavyweight)? Why is it that Canelo's last two fights were negotiated "Catchweight" bouts at 155 pounds when that weight falls within the Middleweight division's range? Why aren't these bouts referred to as "Middleweight" contests instead of catchweight fights by the fans, commentators, trainers, media and boxing insiders?

Are you seriously still arguing that a fighter who weighs 155 pounds is not middleweight? There is no weight class between Junior middle and Middle. The JMW limit is 154. That means anything over 154 is middleweight. Canelo is a middleweight and has fought at middleweight for a couple of years now.

You should change Canelo's Wikipedia page then because the editors and maintainers of his page got it wrong when they typed "Catchweight at 155 lbs". Boxing Scene got it wrong too, essentially everybody did. You're so smart it's shocking.

H

es being a douche, it's his thing, he'll get banned, he adds nothing and flames people, and runs away when people call his bullshit. I've never seen someone get made look like a fool and keep coming back for more before so if he isn't a sock puppet account he should be in Monaco watching the Grand Prix with all his money and bitches.

H

es being a douche, it's his thing, he'll get banned, he adds nothing and flames people, and runs away when people call his bullshit. I've never seen someone get made look like a fool and keep coming back for more before so if he isn't a sock puppet account he should be in Monaco watching the Grand Prix with all his money and bitches.

@Seano

Please advise the entire boxing community that we all got it wrong!

Per Canelo's Wikipedia page (encyclopedia entry) spanning his last two fights that were supposedly at "Middleweight".

dWVywjr.png

Should I edit these 'mistakes' by removing them? These fight notes aren't necessary because Middleweight is from 155 UP TO 160 pounds! Guys, what to do here? This is a real dilemma for Canela fans.

H

I've flamed no one. Though you've called me a "dumbass" and thrown personal insults my way in just this thread alone several times. You can't control your anger and being proven wrong every time you attempt to debate me.

I've flamed no one. Though you've called me a "dumbass" and thrown personal insults my way in just this thread alone several times. You can't control your anger and being proven wrong every time you attempt to debate me.
Tell me where you've proved me wrong. I'm listening.

@Seano

Per Canelo's Wikipedia page (encyclopedia entry) spanning his last two fights that were supposedly at "Middleweight".

dWVywjr.png

Should I edit these 'mistakes' by removing them? These fight notes aren't necessary because Middleweight is from 155 UP TO 160 pounds! Guys, what to do here? This is a real dilemma for Canela fans.
And I said a lot of times Canelo should fight with 160 as the top limit, are you finished or do you want your car crash to continue?

@Seano

dWVywjr.png

They're not mistakes.
Says right there- "Retained/won WBC , Ring and lineal middleweight titles." How did he win the middleweight title if it wasn't a middleweight fight.
This argument is stupid. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows there is a range in weight classes.

They're not mistakes.
Says right there- "Retained/won WBC , Ring and lineal middleweight titles." How did he win the middleweight title if it wasn't a middleweight fight.
This argument is stupid. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows there is a range in weight classes.

Boxing isn't the only sport with weight ranges in their divisions. Canelo isn't and has not yet fought at the FULL weight limit of 160 pounds. When people say Middleweight in boxing they mean 160 pounds; not 155, not 156, not 157, not 158.

The fight was scheduled as a Middleweight bout, that's how. But it was negotiated as a catchweight bout. Stop defending ginger and just admit that Canelo is fighting at catchweights. It isn't news to anybody BUT you.

Go back and when you look at that picture (or just visit his Wiki page), check the Notes column at the very bottom. ;)

Wiki page, I am shocked you are using that instead of your own opinion.

Wiki page, I am shocked you are using that instead of your own opinion.

Is this better? From Canelo's promotion themselves, Golden Boy's official website. GBP included quotes from different journalists and reporters to hype the Canelo-Khan fight leading up to it on their site.

Gary Andrew Poole, The Guardian:

"And, finally, Canelo smartly set a 155-pound catch-weight because it will make his power punches more devastating."
http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/...r-predictions-who-will-prevail-speed-vs-power

Their webmaster should be fired for including that quote from Gary Andrew Poole of The Guardian! I'll be contacting good old Gary through his social media and correcting him as well as GBP's webmaster for being so foolish!

He called it a "catch-weight" when it's a MIDDLEWEIGHT bout for crying out loud and somehow this was overlooked by Canelo's promoters, Golden Boy. SMH.

Is this better? From Canelo's promotion themselves, Golden Boy's official website. GBP included quotes from different journalists and reporters to hype the Canelo-Khan fight leading up to it on their site.

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/...r-predictions-who-will-prevail-speed-vs-power

Their webmaster should be fired for including that quote from Gary Andrew Poole of The Guardian! I'll be contacting good old Gary through his social media and correcting him as well as GBP's webmaster for being so foolish!

He called it a "catch-weight" when it's a MIDDLEWEIGHT bout for crying out loud and somehow this was overlooked by Canelo's promoters, Golden Boy. SMH.
Didn't read, what would be better is if you went back to boxing scene.

Back