Why is boxrec worse than before?

norsuu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
before...the website boxrec said the minute, seconds and the round of winning of each fight
now boxrec only says who won and the method...why?
a website needs to improve, not to deteriore....

You need to sign up for a free account and it tells you that stuff. Not a big deal.

It was to try and get people to join the forums.

it's improved in a lot of ways. i like that it now shows the belt lineage.

with that said, how is anyone supposed to know that you need to register to see the extra info?

Boxrec still has Canelo p4p #1 ahead of GGG

Im still inclined to agree. Canelo fought and beat better people

it's improved in a lot of ways. i like that it now shows the belt lineage.

with that said, how is anyone supposed to know that you need to register to see the extra info?

Yeah, they've done a shit job making that clear. I'm still not signing up though.

Boxrec still has Canelo p4p #1 ahead of GGG

Im still inclined to agree. Canelo fought and beat better people

Canelo isn't #1 P4P. You don't get that by fighting smaller guys, which his last two big name opponents (Cotto and Khan) have been. Kovalev, Golovkin, Chocolatito, Ward (his inactivity and recent lack of highly ranked competition has him at #27 P4P on boxrec but Top 5 according to The Ring), it's all subjective. There is no consensus #1 P4P guy out there right now since Floyd left.

Roach thinks that it's Golovkin, as of just a few days ago. But not so long ago Roach was the one saying that nobody knows who Triple G is and that he needs to beat Ward to become #1 P4P. He changed his tune from late 2015.

If Canelo was the best P4P then he wouldn't have lost the first 4 rounds in his fight with Khan, a guy two weight divisions smaller that's chinny with porous defense.

Their p4p list is maths based isn't it? So not opinion.

Many boxing fans and pundits believe that the winner of Kovalev vs Ward will produce the consensus #1 P4P fighter, especially if the winner is Ward, since he moved up a division to take on current P4P #2 ranked Kovalev (by Boxrec & The Ring's P4P rankings).

Until this fight happens later this year then it's a pick'em. I don't have a #1 Pound for Pound and won't until I see more of the Top 5/10 guys fight each other.

I doubt boxrec would jump him to #1 based on their calculations but we will see.

before...the website boxrec said the minute, seconds and the round of winning of each fight
now boxrec only says who won and the method...why?
a website needs to improve, not to deteriore....
You just need to click on the icons to get more information.

P4p is nonsense, just a list of somebody's favorite boxers generally favoring the little fellers. it began as a spacefiller in the useless rag Ring magazine.

You also need to sign on with BoxRec to see the fighters' weights.

Canelo isn't #1 P4P. You don't get that by fighting smaller guys, which his last two big name opponents (Cotto and Khan) have been. Kovalev, Golovkin, Chocolatito, Ward (his inactivity and recent lack of highly ranked competition has him at #27 P4P on boxrec but Top 5 according to The Ring), it's all subjective. There is no consensus #1 P4P guy out there right now since Floyd left.

Roach thinks that it's Golovkin, as of just a few days ago. But not so long ago Roach was the one saying that nobody knows who Triple G is and that he needs to beat Ward to become #1 P4P. He changed his tune from late 2015.

If Canelo was the best P4P then he wouldn't have lost the first 4 rounds in his fight with Khan, a guy two weight divisions smaller that's chinny with porous defense.

Canelo doesn't just fight "smaller guys." He's fought better fighters than Golovkin has, period.

P4p is nonsense, just a list of somebody's favorite boxers generally favoring the little fellers. it began as a spacefiller in the useless rag Ring magazine.

You also need to sign on with BoxRec to see the fighters' weights.
It did not begin as a space filler. It was created because heavyweights were the only fighters people cared about in the Robinson era.

P4P sucks today because most people don't really understand what it is and it turns into a my favorites list or people argue about who would beat who if they were the same size.

LOL neither Golovkin nor Canelo should in contention for the P4P title .

Boxrec explains their ranking system, but fury frampton and brook ahead of rigs chocolatito and postol is, interesting.

Boxrec explains their ranking system, but fury frampton and brook ahead of rigs chocolatito and postol is, interesting.

It's terrible. There's really nothing more to say, other than that. It's just shit and shouldn't be taken with any degree of seriousness.

Canelo doesn't just fight "smaller guys." He's fought better fighters than Golovkin has, period.

His last two big name wins were, as I said. No need to get so sensitive about the guy that said "We don't [d]uck around in Mexico!" and promised to fight Triple G next, flexed his muscles and then instead handed over his belt like a good boy.

His last two big name wins were, as I said. No need to get so sensitive about the guy that said "We don't [d]uck around in Mexico!" and promised to fight Triple G next, flexed his muscles and then instead handed over his belt like a good boy.
Khan (same weight at the weigh-in/taller)
Cotto (MW lineal Champ)
Trout (same size/taller)
Lara (same size)
Ángulo (same size/taller)
Kirkland (same size)

You need to find a diferent argument to harp on about, cause that one is trash.

Back