Why is alcohol abuse so bad among native Americans.

They have a gene or something that doesn't allow them to process it like most other people.

Haven't read about it in a long time, but it's something along those lines.

But also..

giphy.gif

That is like people who are lactose intolerant. They cant metabolize the milk, so they will get horrible cramps, and they stay away from milk.

A once great race one of best to ever be. Now largely genocided.

North and Central natives hardly exist like less 1% population of a %. In central america male lineage dead and it to exitse in mestizos on materneal l side.

In far south america they died. In nor south america except bolivia and peru they died or were assimilatrd and race mixed into non existence with make line destroyed.

That real tragedy of world. While all othwr people explode in population.

A lot of the mexican and central american mestizos look like they have much more native blood than euro. Most of the barrios in the northeast, the native looking mestizos make up pretty much most of them. Are they actually a minority in their own countries?

I was in a bar in a small town called The Dalles on the Columbia River. They have video poker along the back wall and as I drank there was a native woman playing getting drunker and drunker. One of my buddy’s was watching this unfold and joking around about her falling off the stool. Well as we watched her laughing she starts wobbling on the chair and in my mind I’m think this is it. She steadys herself, reaches back, pulls her dress to the side and takes a shit right off the back of the stool. We left after that. I can’t say they’re all this bad with alcohol but there’s definitely a trend.

Was she hot at least with a great ass?

A lot of the mexican and central american mestizos look like they have much more native blood than euro. Most of the barrios in the northeast, the native looking mestizos make up pretty much most of them. Are they actually a minority in their own countries?

I think he speaks from the point of view of them as a distinct people.

Its similar to how people think mixing means white genocide.

I gather that Mr. Trudeau is a great champion of native people.

I'm not really sure what you're asking, implying, or getting at. Gotta apologize, it's Tuesday night and I've had a few too many slugs of the ol' firewater.

either way you can't blanket native people's as a whole throughout North America. If we really want to answer a question of a specific problem we would have to know the real ins and outs of each individual case. For instance, Trudeau in that clip is talking about native youth and their desire to paddle canoes (which is awesome) and have internet connection (which is decent) can't really see why that would be a problem.

Maybe youth centers need another couch. seems cool idea to have youth centers. bring the community youth together. I can think of billions of dollars spent on tax money each year that is wasted in way worse ways.

That is like people who are lactose intolerant. They cant metabolize the milk, so they will get horrible cramps, and they stay away from milk.

I think it's the opposite for NA's tho, their inability to process it properly leaves them more open to the addictive properties.

I think it's the opposite for NA's tho, their inability to process it properly leaves them more open to the addictive properties.

I dont know I no bio chem expert. I being asian used to think we lacked enzyme to break down alcohol, but then some post in this thread has link to article stating asians actually break down alcohol faster than everyone else, but cant break down the byproduct, oh man its confusing.

I dont know I no bio chem expert. I being asian used to think we lacked enzyme to break down alcohol, but then some post in this thread has link to article stating asians actually break down alcohol faster than everyone else, but cant break down the byproduct, oh man its confusing.

I too, am no groundhog expert.

this thread reminds me of a very sad story that I would like to share. In the summer of 2006 I was working for my uncle at his hotel in north battlefront saskatchewan. This hotel also had a small liquor store.

One day a native woman comes in and buys a 26 of whiskey. I see her about an hour later and she had finished the whole thing and was drunk as fuck. Later on in the night I go out back to empty some garbage and I see her passed out in the alley and getting nailed by some old native guy.

Next night she comes in again, buys another 26 of whiskey, passes out in alley and gets nailed by the same old native guy.

Night after that she comes in and buys a bottle of gin. I says to her " I thought you liked whiskey" and she replies "whiskey gives me a sore cunt"

LOL was going to share first hand experience but that post above is fucking great.

LOL, what??

This is the problem. Native people have to stop subsidizing illegal immigrant Canadians that have come here and settled illegally and have caused genocide and oppression with their terrorist culture. http://www.mediacoop.ca/blog/dru/15493

The other major problem is that because of the cultural genocide and oppression from the CNDN government native people have been forced to allow you people to take 99% of the revenue from their resources and in return have banked trillions of dollars that you people haven't made good on. This is all fact and goes back to the queen and crown land. The queen who is the biggest welfare case in the world.

You people have broken the treaties first. The treaties you people made. In your illegal language. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/treaties-from-1760-1923-two-sides-to-the-story-1.1081839

You have to be held accountable before you people can "determine" why native people drink.

Also, Justin Trudeau........????? I have the same respect for him that I have for Chief Ron Giesbrecht, Trump, Obama, Bush, Regan, Harper, Chretien, scum!

Hi Leklok,

So it's all the white man's fault is all you are saying?

We are all oppressors, terrorists and baby eaters and have stolen the land and whaaaa waaawa poor natives ?

That's what this is right ?

From Alaska to Argentina, native americans and their descendants seem to be far more vulnerable to alcoholism than any other group.

Ill say that personally as someone who carries native genes, ill say that my liver is 100% native because i cant hold my booze, but unlike real natives i also cant stand booze, i find the taste bitter and off-putting.

I only drink beer when in a grillhouse or seafood place and i order the lightest, most watered down version of it.

Reading a bit about it the only thing i can find is that natives have trouble metabolizing alcohol, but it says nothing about the addiction to it.

Also i dont think you can claim cultural reasons since its all over the continent.

I don't think anyone likes the taste of alcohol at first. I didn't start enjoying it until my early 20's.

Hi Leklok,

So it's all the white man's fault is all you are saying?

We are all oppressors, terrorists and baby eaters and have stolen the land and whaaaa waaawa poor natives ?

That's what this is right ?

Haha.. Leklok is still in the house? That's good to know. That racist bastard.

A once great race one of best to ever be. Now largely genocided.

North and Central natives hardly exist like less 1% population of a %. In central america male lineage dead and it to exitse in mestizos on materneal l side.

In far south america they died. In nor south america except bolivia and peru they died or were assimilatrd and race mixed into non existence with make line destroyed.

That real tragedy of world. While all othwr people explode in population.

I don't see what them any better than any other group of people. The only thing that was different about them was their lack of technology, and due to that a reduced of negative impact on the natural world. But being less advanced hardly makes one "great." And don't forget some tribes practices of slavery, human sacrifice and sometimes cannibalism.

If natives had the technology and numbers to invade Europe they would have, and most likely they would have killed everybody instead of putting them on reservations.

If natives had the technology and numbers to invade Europe they would have, and most likely they would have killed everybody instead of putting them on reservations.

Nope.

Most likely would had mixed with Europeans like the Spanish did with the natives.

The whole exterminating the indians, seem to be exclusively an Anglo-Saxon thing.

I'm not really sure what you're asking, implying, or getting at. Gotta apologize, it's Tuesday night and I've had a few too many slugs of the ol' firewater.

either way you can't blanket native people's as a whole throughout North America.

Hey fuck you!!!

You big jerk...

Back