Why in the hell can't celebrities name their kids a normal friggin' name?

And with that little stroke of inspiration they just became so much more interesting to everyone around them
You should let me make all your life decisions imo
You might as well at this point...I've made so many bad decisions:(... @Pliny Pete take the wheel

Okay so now I'm going to take your advice and name my next two sons Leopold Whiskey Crotchmonkey and Gigantor Microsoft Dickfiddler
you might wanna rethink that last one,dickfiddler is setting him for a lifetime of dick jokes. you never heard a boy named sue?

It's not just celebrities. I remember one of my high school teachers named his kid "Ingmor."

Also, someone on this forum once mentioned that he/she is an elementary school teacher and his/her roster of students is filled with retarded "unique" names.

you might wanna rethink that last one,dickfiddler is setting him for a lifetime of dick jokes. you never heard a boy named sue?
Yes I have...that's why I'm going to name him Dickfiddler...so he can be a tough sonofabitch...and he can find me later at a bar and we can have an epic bar fight

Yes I have...that's why I'm going to name him Dickfiddler...so he can be a tough sonofabitch...and he can find me later at a bar and we can have an epic bar fight
in that case,where can i buy tickets?

Because it mimics consideration, and it's easier than actually putting in time to give them actual guidance and nurturing

It broadcasts a persons need for attention and like other attention grabbing conventions and attempts towards individuality it identifies the person as being just like all the others.

Moon Unit Zapper changed his name I think. You don't need to hand kids ammunition, they will take the piss regardless.

I have an unusual name, Irish and it's a challenge for English fuckwits to pronounce. A lifetime of having to spell out my name and hold a brief lesson on pronunciation led me to name my children well understood names. Boy called Sue and all that.

Obnoxious celebrities being obnoxious. The most annoying case IMO is what Frank Zappa did to his poor children. Guy was a borderline genius and yet he condemned his children to side-show status with names like Dweezil, Moon-Unit, Diva, and Ahmet.

Don't worry, they'll stay off your lawn.

Celebrities generally have gigantic egos so naming their kid some " special " name feeds it even more . They want everything in their orbit to be touched by their " greatness".

It's basically this ^^, except I would add that they think their offspring are also superior and need to have a fitting name. I remember reading about this years ago

The only weird names I'd accept for celebrity children are Jab & Overhand Right (thrown correctly).

There was a kid at my highschool whos name was

Cashmoney Star Belluca

A white kid. And that was his legal name

because actors and musicians are artsy people and they generally don't conform to societal norms.

Robert Rodriguez named one of his kids Rocket that was pretty funny.

Not just celebrities....African Americans do it too and have some stupid ideas of what is acceptable as names: oh how about after a German car like Porsche or Mercedes. Or a Japanese car Lexus or Infiniti. (I have known each). I was teasing this dude at work whose wife named their daughter "Dasani" after the water. I said dude "That's not even spring water"

Fuck you TS you tell me whats wrong with Moon Unit

Back