Why I fixed fights

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mandatory read for ALL boxing fans. Promoter from the 90's who fixed fights for Leon Spinks and Mitch Green both of which back fired ( great stories) and Tyrone Booze.

Explains fixing fights in boxing with young prospects or over the hill veterans who need to get back on track for one big pay day

https://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232

Thats going to piss a lot of people off lol

interesting read,wonder if tyson knew about the mckneely fight being a work.

I wonder how many fights in Europe, Mexico and Russia are fixed like this? Would be interesting toes if the same methods are used.

we had a thread on this a few years ago. dude sounds justifiably bitter, but it's life, many people take chances on things and end up fucked. It's just not that easy, first you have to have resources, you have to have a good brain for your subject, you have to have the right people and you have to have the right timing. I know a lot about boxing too, like this guy mentions, lots of people do, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to jump headfirst into the business.

That came up in a forum (maybe this one?) a couple years ago. I read it and since then have been skeptical about every match ever made lol.

what the fuck was he thinking trying to manage Mitch Green, dude was one of the big wack jobs of the era.

Does anyone here suspect the Mayweather v McGregor fight was maybe fixed too?

what the fuck was he thinking trying to manage Mitch Green, dude was one of the big wack jobs of the era.

Yeah, I ain't messing with anyone who has the nickname "Blood." Dude was nuts.

i think it was "fixed" to the degree that mayweather knew if he came out and knocked him on his ace in the first round there would have been a riot. He did the right thing, it's not his fault a buncha dummies paid millions for a non-fight like this, he did what any good capitalist should do, he took the money. He's already admitted he held back as if it needed to be said, didn't embarrass Mcgregor too much but i wish he would have, now you have the idiot fans who actually think the fight was competitive.

no. Fixes in boxing don't realy happen for the big fights.

And really the problem is more prevalent in South America/Europe etc.

again usually for old washed up veterans to get them a few wins before getting that one last big pay day ( leon spinks/tyrone booze/mitch green in these stories)

The feast your eyes on what a hw is suppose to look like stuff is pretty good.

Green had the charisma, and the lunatic attitude. Could have been a star if he was any good

Yeah, I ain't messing with anyone who has the nickname "Blood." Dude was nuts.
to be honest, he should have took whatever money he had and put it behind a good promising, unknown, maybe it wouldn't have went anywhere but he tried to take shortcuts and he got what he deserved.

The feast your eyes on what a hw is suppose to look like stuff is pretty good.

Green had the charisma, and the lunatic attitude. Could have been a star if he was any good
he was good, big, fast hands just unstable. he was maybe the second guy to take mike the distance. Tillis did it before that.

he was good, big, fast hands just unstable. he was maybe the second guy to take mike the distance. Tillis did it before that.
lemme rephrase. Could have been a star if he wasn't this much of a lunatic

i think it was "fixed" to the degree that mayweather knew if he came out and knocked him on his ace in the first round there would have been a riot. He did the right thing, it's not his fault a buncha dummies paid millions for a non-fight like this, he did what any good capitalist should do, he took the money. He's already admitted he held back as if it needed to be said, didn't embarrass Mcgregor too much but i wish he would have, now you have the idiot fans who actually think the fight was competitive.
I'm wondering why he didn't just KO McGregor after the opening bell though.

Let them riot. Mayweather has well paid security :D

Why drag it out for 10 rounds?

McGregor gets to say he survived 10 rounds in his debut against one of the best boxers ever without being knocked down. Mayweather gets the win and his 50-0. Everyone gets paid.

It was the perfect outcome all around. If you were going to fix the fight so that everyone gets what they want....that's how you'd do it in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mike beat the fucking snot out of him in the street one night, too. From what I've seen of Green, he was pretty good but he was obv not right in the head.

de45znfrmebs75pt5act.jpg

I'm wondering why he didn't just KO McGregor after the opening bell though.

Why drag it out for 10 rounds?

McGregor gets to say he survived 10 rounds without being knocked down. Mayweather gets the win and his 50-0. Everyone gets paid.

It was the perfect outcome all round. If you were going to fix the fight so that everyone gets what they want....that's how you'd do it in my opinion.
The thing is with a fix, one guy does not get the shit kicked out of him.

Back