Why I believe Anderson Silva is not the goat

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
1. He lost twice to Japanese journeyman fighters in his prime. If he wasn't, as some of his, if not many of his fans love to claim, then he must be the only fighter in history who hit the number 1 in the world but can claim to have lost due to not being in his prime yet. Not to mention, in a couple of years, he would go on to rank at the top of the middleweight division as well while going undefeated outside DQ loss to Okami.

2. He got caught in his first ever random drug testing of his career. Then blamed the dick pills. And no he didn't get his name cleared. He pissed hot again, and for that one, USADA talked about finding supplements contaminated from the same company that Anderson claimed to have bought a contaminated product from and then submitted OPEN sample from that said company to USADA, and then I believe they lifted his suspension or retroactively cleared his suspension or something along that line.

3. Anderson Silva mentioned before that once someone gets caught for steroids, they have been using for the long time. And no that steroids didn't have any clinical relevance from his recovery for his surgery, though his fans love to claim that, in spite of the fact the fighter himself it was from the dick pills.

4. Anderson Silva competed in the weakest division in the history of UFC. The middleweight division, back then. Now, it's the strongest. I pity Weidman for not having been born earlier to have competed in the era of Anderson Silva. For example, no one cared about Chael Sonnen for the majority of his career. No one was surprised Maia grapplehaped him under like a minute or two. But look what he was able to do.

5. Anderson Silva was a brave man enough to continue to call out the smaller fighter in GSP, while being friends with Jon Jones. He fought Daniel Cormier, and got paid handsomly. Daniel Cormier at LHW is not the same fighter at HW with a knock out power. On the other hand, Jon Jone would have elbowed his face in.

6. Anderson Silva himself, on Sherdog's article, years back, stated, from himself though his fans deny it, that he cuts from 230, to 205 then 185. Fans claim that that's how high he gets when he's out of training. But, true fighters like Fedor and Crocop probably doesn't get higher than 240 either when they aren't training, but they weren't scared of fighting bigger dudes. He came lighter later, but he was coming off a surgery/lay off, and USADA.

7. Anderson intentionally ducked the rightful challenger in Chris Weiman, and only decided to fight him when the later was coming off a lay off longer than a year long, but then got knocked the fudge out like a clown tumbling over a unicycle while being as disrespectful as it gets inside the cage.

There is no GOAT
Many fighters are in the argument
Just pick your favorite

Anderson also got clowned and fooled by a WW in Nick Diaz, a guy who got owned top to bottom by GSP.

I expect the exact same people form the GSP thread in this one. And back and forth and back and forth and back and forth......

Anytime I see someone mentioning the fact that someone lost at some point in their career therefore they can't be the GOAT I lose interest and move on.

It's totally possible to lose a fight and still be considered an all time great. Everyone loses. GSP lost twice and brutally avenged his only two losses.

Fighter bashing

@BC ‘s thread was articulate and well written. This sounds like an angry post.

Jones is the GOAT anyway. Undefeated, undisputed.
<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

Anderson being the GOAT is just a sick joke

GSP was confirmed out of the GOAT discussion when he ducked Hendricks rematch

This would've been similar to Anderson Silva retiring right after the Chael Sonnen I fight (similar because Silva faced adversity, but Chael was finished whereas Hendricks cleared won). Not only didn't Silva retire, but he gave Chael his rematch - finishing him again. True GOATs take bold risks and are not scared to smear their "legacy"

Anderson > GSP, deal with it

Anytime I see someone mentioning the fact that someone lost at some point in their career therefore they can't be the GOAT I lose interest and move on.

It's totally possible to lose a fight and still be considered an all time great. Everyone loses. GSP lost twice and brutally avenged his only two losses.

Sure. If you say so. I guess winning doesn't matter after all

Fighter bashing

What fighter bashing? I never said anything negative. I stay to facts.

Weakest Division since there were only 5 divisions at the time during his peak. And let’s forget that the current MW champion is a failed WW who is now defending his title against another failed MW.

He didn’t want to fight Weidman because he wanted to fight Rockhold when he was still Strikeforce champion. Year later, we found out that Rockhold was better than Weidman. I guess Silva knew the Middleweight fighters better than we do

Fighter bashing

Except by drug tests.

Fighter bashing

Lol he’s really that upset, bud.

Anderson is not a smelly farm animal with horns.

Stop it.

Don't think he's the GOAT but your points are lame.

Back