Why Hunt vs Blades?

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hunt is ranked higher and beat a guy who was ranked higher than Blaydes in his last fight. Now the UFC puts him up against a lower ranked guy who will wrestle fuck him?? What do you guys think of this match Up?

because you touch yourself at night

Its not a wmma fight.

Therefore, its ok.

because you touch yourself at night
j3SOktP.gif

Blaydes HAS shown some improvement in his stand-up recently. I think he will be a future contender. He has top level wrestling credentials.

If Huntos TDD holds up, he likely KOs him at this stage though.

I really think this is a bad matchup for Hunt. Blaydes is a awesome wrestler and has really good control. Ngannou is the only guy that has beat him and thats why I always say that is a top win for Ngannou, not only beating Arlovski and Overeem, but Blaydes is a top win too. I expect him to fight for the belt in 18 months or so

Hunt is very slow and sluggish and getting old now. but of course he has very good standup and a lot of power but I feel he is gonna get taken down and he won't be able to get up

Hunt is ranked higher and beat a guy who was ranked higher than Blaydes in his last fight. Now the UFC puts him up against a lower ranked guy who will wrestle fuck him?? What do you guys think of this match Up?

You do know that in every fight where a ranking is used a higher ranked fighter fights a lower ranked one, correct?

curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night-1041.jpg

Hunt is done, better off use him as a sacrificial lamb.

Last edited:
You do know that in every fight where a ranking is used a higher ranked fighter fights a lower ranked one, correct?

Yes but there is also a format.

Meaning fighter A who beat higher ranked fighter B shouldnt necessarily be fighting lower ranked fighter C unless fighter A is adamant about that and I doubt Hunt personally called out Blaydes.

I thinkit's the kind of fight you get after you file a frivolous lawsuit against your employer

The UFC thinks its a good style matchup for Blaydes who they want to push and a bad one for Hunt who they don't.

Poor Hunt is going to get taken down and beaten up.

Heavyweight is thin. Not many match-ups to make. Also this fight will see where Blaydes stands in the rankings. Contender or mid-tier...

So basically Hunt is being brought out to do a job to get Blaydes over with the casuals.

Back