Why Haven't Video Game Prices Gone Up

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seem like they been the same for 20yrs but almost everything else has gone up. New Game avg a price is 50-60 and that is what they been since SNES.

d52f6ee90da652f3209d73c9ba20d7e2.jpg

Is there a reason for this.

What are you talking about.. in the 90'$ games were around 40-50$ for a new release...

Damn games for my kids now days are like $60 and that's not including the other$100 they spend on patches and shit..

Games are an easy $150 now days..

Fucking noob..

Shit, people even complain about new games costing $60 now. But like Syct said, they really make their money on DLC these days.

What are you talking about.. in the 90'$ games were around 40-50$ for a new release...

Damn games for my kids now days are like $60 and that's not including the other$100 they spend on patches and shit..

Fucking noob..

Don’t talk to him like that, motherfucker.

Fucking noob..

The add shows the new release for 55 and UFC 3 is coming out next week is 60. Everything is OPTIONAL. You choice to pay the extra money. The game hasnt gone up.

I remember for GameCube they were $50 + tax and now I believe they are $60 or $65 plus tax. That's a 20%+ increase. That's a fair amount IMO.

like syct said, you’re basically paying $60 for like 1/2 to 5/8s of a game, then pay more money just to get the rest through micro transactions

I just dont see games going over the 60$/£45 price mark anytime soon, definitely caused up a stink to get these prices, thats why devlopers have been shoving extortionate MTs and Lootboxes.

You can get complete games for your 40-60 bux if you buy games a year or 2 after with the "GOTY" edition, buy mainly SP games like Nier Automata, Horizon, Bloodborne and avoiding EA, Ubicunts, Konami, Activision-Blizzard and the like.

Don’t talk to him like that, motherfucker.
Hey fuck you!! I'll scalp the fuck out of you!!

I don't really have a problem with the $60 new games.. the thing that gets me is that there is no such thing as a finished product at release anymore..

All games are basically beta's and you pay extra to patch it until part 2 is released ..

Part of the issue I'd guess is that cartridges were expensive due to the cost of memory back then.

Part of the issue I'd guess is that cartridges were expensive due to the cost of memory back then.

Ok. that make some sense. The games have gone uo but the company has cut cost on physical stuff to make more money off it. Like releasing a digital for 60 buck today when it should be cheaper

Maybe not cartidges but AAA PC games are getting expensive as hell.

The last Deus Ex came out at like $80 CDN. That's bonkers.

I spent $60 on damn keys for Rocket League the other
Hey fuck you!! I'll scalp the fuck out of you!!

I don't really have a problem with the $60 new games.. the thing that gets me is that there is no such thing as a finished product at release anymore..

All games are basically beta's and you pay extra to patch it until part 2 is released ..

Don’t scalp me, bro.

I just dont see games going over the 60$/£45 price mark anytime soon, definitely caused up a stink to get these prices, thats why devlopers have been shoving extortionate MTs and Lootboxes.

You can get complete games for your 40-60 bux if you buy games a year or 2 after with the "GOTY" edition, buy mainly SP games like Nier Automata, Horizon, Bloodborne and avoiding EA, Ubicunts, Konami, Activision-Blizzard and the like.
did you play Nier Automata? i’ve been thinking about buying it once i finish Nioh

did you play Nier Automata? i’ve been thinking about buying it once i finish Nioh

I bought the day one edition, played it for 10/15 hours but life got in the way. From what Ive plaed its fantastic, the soundtrack masterfully done, maybe the best ST of the PS4 era. The demo had made such an impact on me that I had to get it day one. Too bad I rarely played anything last year. Ill get back to it in a couple weeks and thoroguhly enjoy it again. Apparently has 4/5 endings.

Nier wouldve been my GOTY if I finished it with RE 7 a close second, but like I said, life got in the way.

Ill get back to it after SOTC remake, Deus EX DLC and maybe play a bit of Monster Hunter World.

I spent $60 on damn keys for Rocket League the other

Don’t scalp me, bro.

Pshhhhh... We all good fam.

You knows, video game talk is some serious business..

Besides, I don't even have kids.. and I'm a PC gamer not a Console guy.

My games are usually more $$..

Huh. I got rocket league for free on PS4 but i dont ever really see it for more than 20 dollars. Did you buy muti

They have these loot boxes and they sell keys to unlock them. My kids had a shit load of boxes so I bought them keys.

And you just jinxed the whole gaming community............god dammit

New games in Canada are $80 now, whereas they were about $60 a decade ago. Part of that is inflation, part of it is the Canadian dollar going to shit in the last four years. But as others have said they make up for it with paid DLC and now even worse, micro transactions.

But overall video games haven’t gone up much over the past 20 years, and certainly the price of consoles haven’t risen. My PS4 was like $400 Canadian when I bought it in 2015. Compared to a PS3 which was like $500 or $600 Canadian at launch that’s pretty good.

Back