Why hasn't Jones answered to Gus's call outs?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He did post this a couple days ago, but for some reason he doesn't want to answer to Gus.

I imagine hes in talks with the ufc about who he is fighting.

"WHY DOESN'T JONES ANSWER GUS' CALLS??!"

You sound as if it's personal.

"WHY DOESN'T JONES ANSWER GUS' CALLS??!"

You sound as if it's personal.
I'm imagining Gus on Jon's voicemail, "hey jon it's me gus again. Why you are not calling me back? Please do"

Yeah, he's in talks with the UFC and also talking with people, analyzing what would be the best move.
I bet he'd like to fight Cormier for the belt, but if Cormier vacates the belt I'm sure he wouldn't mind fighting Gus for the vacant belt.

If he started hyping a rematch with Gus and Cormier decides to defend once more at LHW then somebody else might get the shot before he does.
I mean sure, he could probably save the situation and get the Cormier fight. Still wouldn't be worth it just yet to commit to it

Gus vs Jones II could even be close to a done deal, but the UFC wants to announce it and Gus calling Jones out can be the storyline. Jones has responded already a few times. It's not like he looks like a chicken for not actively pursuing that particular fight right now IMO.

This smells like a repeat of the build up between WB and Woodley.

Woodley and WB both knew that Tuesday after Woodley beat Lawler they were going to fight each other on the NYC card. The UFC wanted to keep it hush hush so Woodley didn't say anything while WB kept on the keyboard attacks and tried to make it seem like Woodley didn't want to fight him.

Just because we don't get an overt response doesn't mean the wheels aren't being turned behind the scenes. If you're the UFC do you want a potential blockbuster main event being revealed by you at the right moment or by one of the fighters nonchalantly over social media?

why do i feel like jones' comments are more of a dig at dc than a sign of respect to gus?

("you pushed me harder than any other fighter was able to")

Gus will be on the Helwani show later today. I'll put a thread up in a bit.

He did post this a couple days ago, but for some reason he doesn't want to answer to Gus.

He is getting ready for a Nick Diaz money fight
tumblr_mjfe10ieJX1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Because fighting Gus makes him less money than fighting DC, Brock or even Stipe.

I think it will happen. As long as he stays out of trouble that is. Maybe December or January.

Damn dude. I just want to see both of them fight again regardless of who it's against. Back when it was them, rumble, and DC there was a reason to watch LHW

why do i feel like jones' comments are more of a dig at dc than a sign of respect to gus?

("you pushed me harder than any other fighter was able to")

Because you probably just dont like the fact that Gus actually did push Jones harder than any other fighter. For whatever reason you would like that fighter to be Cormier, but in reality he is Gus.

Bones wants a belt. Gus is 2-2 going back to 2015. with one of those wins against Jan Blachowicz. (granted, he is on a 2 fight win streak)… but a win over Jan and Glover doesn't necessarily earn you a shot at the best fighter of all time.

I'd rather see Bones vs. Cain if DC doesn't want the fight.

Maybe it was gus he snitched on :)

Back