Why hasn't GSP ever been invited to do UFC Commentary?

GOATs don't do commentary thats for second rate fighters like DC.

His english ain't the smoothest.

True, but GSP was smart enough to know he couldn't go around speaking French. Think of the problems caused by non-English speaking champions. That's always the fear with the UFC, its unmarketable. Georges is a dream come true for an MMA org which is why I was surprised at how readily Dana was willing to throw him under the bus.

He could be on a pre and post fight panel kinda like Bisping and Florian and do fine. But doing commentary doesn't let you take time to find the correct word which GSP needs.

He has to make a point on his life ... he'll make a point on that later.

I mean, say what you want about finishing or winning by decision, he is clearly a mastermind at picking fighters apart. I've seen a few videos where he and/or Firas did pre-fight breakdowns and I thought they were very interesting. If it was anyone but GSP his accent would be difficult, but he's got a genius fight IQ. I think it's wrong that he has never been allowed at the Fox Sports desk or done color commentary at a UFC fight.
Because

I mean, say what you want about finishing or winning by decision, he is clearly a mastermind at picking fighters apart. I've seen a few videos where he and/or Firas did pre-fight breakdowns and I thought they were very interesting. If it was anyone but GSP his accent would be difficult, but he's got a genius fight IQ. I think it's wrong that he has never been allowed at the Fox Sports desk or done color commentary at a UFC fight.
because he is never imprezzed with anyone (but himself).

He's way too shy on the mic, what the Hell? GSP is one of the most robotic, uncharismatic speakers. And not a native speaker. He is very smart and analytic, but colorful he is not. And sports broadcast needs color, even in analysis.

"Bekuzz ah no boddee wans a commentatuur woo tuk lak dis while ah dey urr commentatin"

Because he has a giant horse cock and if Sherdoggers saw it they'd be too busy beating off to watch the fights.

True MMA fact.

He has anxiety and looks uncomfortable doing media

He could be on a pre and post fight panel kinda like Bisping and Florian and do fine. But doing commentary doesn't let you take time to find the correct word which GSP needs.

Came to post this. He would be great for some pre/post fight analysis but a full time commentator not so much.

He's not the smoothest when it comes to speaking English. I don't think it would translate well as a commentator.

Additionally, not everyone wants to hear about aliens while there is ground and pound going on in the cage.
It would be him and Rogan picking up where they left off in the podcast

Its definitely the accent,however, I'm suure a ton of people would be interested in his analysis regardless.

He's extremely introverted/shy and I highly doubt he would want to do it.

GSP is NOT revered for his prolonged abilities at public speaking, guys, nor does he want to be.

Vitor Belfort would be a more natural choice, and that's saying something.

Werdum does the Spanish commentary so I think the language skills argument is moot because GSP could just do the French commentary.

The real issue is that its probably just not worth GSP's time. The guy makes a lot of money from his out of the cage sponsorships like Under Armour plus whatever he has from his fights so he just doesn't need the relatively small amount of cash from commentary.

Back