why hasnt anyone made a better pokemon Go yet

P

Pwent

pokemon go made a shitload of money with an incredibly shallow and broken game, because people love the augmented reality and location based aspect of it

gatcha and "empire" building mobile games make a shitload of money. companies make money shitting out clash of clans and mobile strike etc. so its clear that the mobile market is huge

why doesnt anyone make another location based, augmented reality game but with more depth. for example, a WoW or final fantasy type game, except on the actual world map, where you have to seek out and fight monsters, find items/weapons, then go on raids in dungeons with you friends etc.

the market is screaming for it

NiWvIsP.jpg

Because it's quite of an accident hazard. Stupid people shouldn't play augmented reality in public.

pokemon go made a shitload of money with an incredibly shallow and broken game, because people love the augmented reality and location based aspect of it

gatcha and "empire" building mobile games make a shitload of money. companies make money shitting out clash of clans and mobile strike etc. so its clear that the mobile market is huge

why doesnt anyone make another location based, augmented reality game but with more depth. for example, a WoW or final fantasy type game, except on the actual world map, where you have to seek out and fight monsters, find items/weapons, then go on raids in dungeons with you friends etc.

the market is screaming for it
people don't want to play games. they are trends in the tech world like flappy bird words with friends or temple run. snapchat has found a way to use augmented reality for social media, a platform people actually spend copious periods of time using long term

pokemon would be a good name for a gay Jamaican nightclub

Pokemon Go took a huge dump with their DAU.

It's not worth the development that goes into such a game. Pokemon Go is struggling just to stay relevant, and although still profitable, its hardly the attraction that it once was.

VR is the future of gaming, so that is what development is heading towards. A game like you mentioned will definitely hit the VR market at some point.

pokemon go already has/had severe server issues handling the number of players they have, with an extremely simple game. and pokemon go was unique in that its nostalgia appealed to an older crowd, while also appealing to the younger, actual game playing crowd. replicating the pokemon go phenomenon at its peak with a similar type game would probably be impossible.

i dont think people truly do love the augmented reality part of it, otherwise Ingress, which is apparently a way deeper game with much more engaging gameplay, would be just as popular. its really the combination of a lot of factors that made pokemon go successful.

although still profitable, its hardly the attraction that it once was.
its #1 top grossing app right now.

Source?

I have plenty that show the drop in DAU. As I said though, its still profitable for sure, but that is because its banking on the Pokemon name. Its not worth the time and effort for a non Pokemon AR game.

people don't want to play games. they are trends in the tech world like flappy bird words with friends or temple run. snapchat has found a way to use augmented reality for social media, a platform people actually spend copious periods of time using long term

Have you seen how much money games like clash of clans, mobile strike, game of war etc make? Hundreds of millions to billions in revenue

People wanted to play Pokémon go, but the tracking system broke and there was virtually NOTHING to do once you caught most of the 150

Pokemon Go took a huge dump with their DAU.

It's not worth the development that goes into such a game. Pokemon Go is struggling just to stay relevant, and although still profitable, its hardly the attraction that it once was.

VR is the future of gaming, so that is what development is heading towards. A game like you mentioned will definitely hit the VR market at some point.

Because there is nothing to do after a certain point. Once people caught all the Pokémon in their region and leveled them up, the only thing to do is a very shitty gym system

Long running mmo's have to constantly release new content and multiplayer raids etc to keep people interesting

Pokémon go is still the #1 grossing app iirc

pokemon go already has/had severe server issues handling the number of players they have, with an extremely simple game. and pokemon go was unique in that its nostalgia appealed to an older crowd, while also appealing to the younger, actual game playing crowd. replicating the pokemon go phenomenon at its peak with a similar type game would probably be impossible.

i dont think people truly do love the augmented reality part of it, otherwise Ingress, which is apparently a way deeper game with much more engaging gameplay, would be just as popular. its really the combination of a lot of factors that made pokemon go successful.

The problem with ingress and similar games before Pokémon go is that it is hard to be a market educator and get people into it/trying it. Once people started playing Pokémon go, everyone loved the concept of going outside, walking with their friends, gathering to play etc

The problem with ingress and similar games before Pokémon go is that it is hard to be a market educator and get people into it/trying it. Once people started playing Pokémon go, everyone loved the concept of going outside, walking with their friends, gathering to play etc

The problem with that, though, is it will never last. It will be fun for the first few weeks/months (like Pokemon Go), but people don't want to have to go walking around/gathering with friends to play a game. Basing a game entirely around that seems like a really risky play. Unless of course you have the Pokemon brand to go along with it lol.

Looking at the stats, it definitely is still doing well though.

The problem with that, though, is it will never last. It will be fun for the first few weeks/months (like Pokemon Go), but people don't want to have to go walking around/gathering with friends to play a game. Basing a game entirely around that seems like a really risky play. Unless of course you have the Pokemon brand to go along with it lol.

Looking at the stats, it definitely is still doing well.

I don't think people got tired of walking around as much as tired of catching pidgeys and Ratatas by luck. Especially after they've already got all the Pokémon they want

But I see your point

I don't think people got tired of walking around as much as tired of catching pidgeys and Ratatas by luck. Especially after they've already got all the Pokémon they want

But I see your point
I work near a Pokestop and would just keep the game open on my phone gathering items, like a lazy asshole.

There was also nothing but Drowzees in my area for about a month and it was around that time that I quit playing.

i still have it, it needs violence and features like in the game imo, fights against other trainers, pokemon gyms and npcs

i still have it, it needs violence and features like in the game imo, fights against other trainers, pokemon gyms and npcs

Exactly I don't think it's decreasing because people dislike the concept, it's just only one fraction of a complete game and people already finished that section

There is not one other similar RPG on the market other than ingress

Ones like life is crime ended before Pokémon GO came out

Pokémon go made like 1.5 billion in revenue in a year.

If someone made a "complete" off-brand version. If even 15% of the Pokémon user base is hooked on the location AR aspect and transferred over, it would be a top 10 grossing game of all time

I don't understand why Pokemon Go hasnt added battling. It would give a reason for players to stick around.

Back