Why Ferguson/Lee is a tougher fight for Conor than Nate

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Will Nate try to take Conor down? - No

Will Ferguson/Lee try to take Conor down? - Yes

Ferguson/Lee is the tougher fight.

And let's not forget Tony will mix it up, A LOT. That wont be a boxing match or Tony trying to wreslte fuck. If Conor let's El Cucuy get going, it'll be a long night.

This is a given and anyone disputing it is just being a troll obviously.

Nate will always be a bad match up for Conor because he has proven to be able to absorb the one trick of that one trick pony.

But Kevin sure has better chances at getting Conor down and controling him there and Tony is also interesting because he is the most well rounded of them.

will ferg lee get KO in under 2 rounds? yes

will nate? no

Would Lee be able to submit Nate is what I'm wondering out of this thread lol

I dont know who started this Kevin Lee hype train, but I'm not buying it. He's a middle of the pack guy that just jumped the entire top 10 to a title shot. He's talented, but he's not going to beat the elite in 5 round fights. He might catch someone in a sub or with a punch, but he will not go on this ass kicking tour of the elite of the elite like Ferguson has and could do.

And he did not choke out Chiesa. If someone is not passed out then don't stop the fight... simple as that. Especially a guy like Chiesa that comes back from that kind of adversity in fights. If round 2 would have started then that fight would have been Chiesa's for the taking.

I dont know who started this Kevin Lee hype train, but I'm not buying it. He's a middle of the pack guy that just jumped the entire top 10 to a title shot. He's talented, but he's not going to beat the elite in 5 round fights. He might catch someone in a sub or with a punch, but he will not go on this ass kicking tour of the elite of the elite like Ferguson has and could do.

And he did not choke out Chiesa. If someone is not passed out then don't stop the fight... simple as that. Especially a guy like Chiesa that comes back from that kind of adversity in fights. If round 2 would have started then that fight would have been Chiesa's for the taking.
Chiesa wasn't intelligently defending himself even if he was playing dead. Bottom line.

Chiesa was done, bro. The ref fucked up, but let's not pretend Chiesa wasn't just about to tap - he had his hand out ready to do it because Lee was right under the chin and palm to palm. There was absolutely no way Chiesa would have gotten out of that.

But I agree with everything else. Lee seems to be a one trick pony. He's great at taking the back and even better at getting the choke once there...but nothing else about him seems like a threat to anyone in the top 5.

What really has me shaking my head is that Al Aquinta beat this guy, has looked far more impressive, and is on a 5 fight win streak with a win over one of the top contenders at 170. And where is he? He doesn't even have a fight booked. He should be getting a top 5 fight, and a guy he beat is now fighting for the interim belt. The UFC has lost it's shit with match making. I don't understand any of it.

Of course TS, no one is denying that.
Nate vs Conor is just a money fight.

Back