why Fedor can't be the GOAT HW.

Cain, JDS, etc. can't be GOAT because they never fought in PRIDE. See how that works TS? There is such a things as eras, runs and promotions. PRIDE was bigger than the UFC at the time. It would like asking Cain to go to Bellator to cement his legacy.

Cain can't even beat a calf machine or the scalpel

JDS is great but not 30 fight undefeated great

Cain, JDS, etc actually all ducked Fedor.

He was the #1 HW in the world and they went and fought in a different organization to avoid him.

Pussies.

Fact of the matter is this, he never beat the UFC's elite heavyweights. Sure he beat some good to great fighters in Pride, but you can only beat Big Nog so many times before people start getting better more relevant wins. So there's guys like Cain, Werdum, JDS, Overeem, heck...even low level guys like Barnett and Rothwell who Fedor blatantly ducked. He doesn't have any wins over these guys and that really hurts his legacy, especially compared to fighters like JDS or Miocic who have these crazy records with everyone from Pride and the UFC on them.

Fedor is a good fighter with several wins over former UFC HW Champions, but if you notice those five heavyweights are some of the worst Champions the UFC ever saw.
Beat 3 UFC HW belt holders.

TS
", he never beat the UFC's elite heavyweights."

Please
IMG_0663.GIF

Fact of the matter is this, he never beat the UFC's elite heavyweights. Sure he beat some good to great fighters in Pride, but you can only beat Big Nog so many times before people start getting better more relevant wins. So there's guys like Cain, Werdum, JDS, Overeem, heck...even low level guys like Barnett and Rothwell who Fedor blatantly ducked. He doesn't have any wins over these guys and that really hurts his legacy, especially compared to fighters like JDS or Miocic who have these crazy records with everyone from Pride and the UFC on them.

Fedor is a good fighter with several wins over former UFC HW Champions, but if you notice those five heavyweights are some of the worst Champions the UFC ever saw.
That doesn't matter no one was as aggressive and burtal at the time at HW. Its the way he fought and the way he looked before the fight even started. You wouldn't have thought that guy would that way in the ring. It's a lot of nostalgia going along with it.

His status before Strikeforce puts him at the top, including wins over former top UFC HWs Sylvia and Arlovski. It's just a question of if you ignore what happened in Strikeforce or not when judging him as GOAT. I'd say he was out of his prime by the Arlovski fight and say he was consistent for too long to ignore as HW GOAT even if I feel that Big Nog and Crocop are a bit overrated skillwise.

Who do you put over him?

Cain? His loss to Werdum really hurt that argument and add in his inactivity and he has a ways to go.

Werdum? He's been too inconsistent and fought like a coward against Reem.

Stipe? Not even worth mentioning unless he goes lossless in the next 5 fights. His loss to journeyman Struve was pretty embarrassing.

Last edited:
For fucks sake.

The same stupid argument of the thousand threads that preceed this one.

You know what TS? Pelé can't be the GOAT of soccer because he never beat this Barcelona with Messi and Neymar.

As Jordan, he never beat Lebron so I can't consider him GOAT.

See how your logic fails?

His status before Strikeforce puts him at the top, including wins over former top UFC HWs Sylvia and Arlovski. It's just a question of if you ignore what happened in Strikeforce or not when judging him as GOAT. I'd say he was out of his prime by the Arlovski fight and say he was consistent for too long to ignore as HW GOAT even if I feel that Big Nog and Crocop are a bit overrated skillwise.

Who do you put over him?

Cain? His loss to Werdum really hurt that argument and add in his inactivity and he has a ways to go.

Stipe? Not even worth mentioning unless he goes lossless in the next 5 fights. His loss to journeyman Struve was pretty embarrassing.

Good question. Who is the HW GOAT then TS? Show us the way.

Who do you put over him?

I agree with most everything you said other than the Stipe thing. Struve isn't a journeyman at all, he's a guy who's been near the top but hasn't figured it out. Still young and talented enough though. (Struve is 12-6 in the UFC btw). Anyways I'd say if Stipe beats JDS again and one or two more top guys he's the Goat. That'd be the longest reign at the top of the UFC and his recent run has been impressive as hell. Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, and Overeem all by finish. Let's say he KO's JDS then beats Cain and Ngannou or something like that. That's above what anyone has ever done at HW.

Put bleach on your belt and then it will make more sense.

I agree with most everything you said other than the Stipe thing. Struve isn't a journeyman at all, he's a guy who's been near the top but hasn't figured it out. Still young and talented enough though. (Struve is 12-6 in the UFC btw). Anyways I'd say if Stipe beats JDS again and one or two more top guys he's the Goat. That'd be the longest reign at the top of the UFC and his recent run has been impressive as hell. Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, and Overeem all by finish. Let's say he KO's JDS then beats Cain and Ngannou or something like that. That's above what anyone has ever done at HW.

Struve was pretty much the gatekeeper to the top 10 for a long time though. If you couldn't beat Struve you didn't deserve to be in the top 10. It's definitely a blemish on Stipe's record.

I don't need record books or casuals to confirm what my eyes saw. Prime Fedor is goat.

Speed, power, striking skill, ground skill, durability... Fedor had every part of MMA at a top-tier level for a while.

The guys you mentioned all have a major weakness or two, even at their peaks.

JDS can't be GOAT because he's owned by Cain.

Cain can't be GOAT because he fought 3 people in a span of 5 years.

Werdum can't be GOAT because his soul is owned in a partnership between JDS and Stipe plus a MW is punking him bad right now.

Overeem can't be GOAT because when the lights are brightest he fails.

Stipe can't be GOAT because Struve son'ed him.

Struve was pretty much the gatekeeper to the top 10 for a long time though. If you couldn't beat Struve you didn't deserve to be in the top 10. It's definitely a blemish on Stipe's record.

Ok but gatekeeper is very different than joirneyman. Nelson is a gatekeeper, joey beltran is a journeyman. 1 is better than the other.

Worst threads ever. Jesus fucking Christ. Next thing you´re gonna say is that Conor would beat Fedor.

Back