Why don't men use the head and arm throw?

I didn't know what a head to arm throw is.

I just looked it up and LOL.

That wouldn't work against JV wrestlers with a half season of training.

No way that's being pulled off in WMMA fights.

Wrong. It's the only move used except by mcmann and Tate.

Literally 90% of wmma throws are grab the head and hip toss.

Because you can pull Your head out, take the other persons back, and get the RNChoke... Amateur move...

You go for a head and arm throw with someone who knows how to wrestle/grapple you are going to find them behind your back with their hands clasped around your waist before you know it.
You're saying none of the wmma fighters know how to grapple.

Agreed.

It typically only works on opponents that are physically weak and don't understand basic takedown defense - EXACTLY why it works so amazingly well in WMMA, most chicks physically don't have strong upper bodies and their technical wrestling is atrocious.

I used what I thought was the same move as Mel Gibson vs Gary Busey in 2nd grade. Turns out the leg scissors around the neck wasn't accurate.

It typically only works on opponents that are physically weak and don't understand basic takedown defense - EXACTLY why it works so amazingly well in WMMA, most chicks physically don't have strong upper bodies and their technical wrestling is atrocious.
So why do so many posters on here keep saying how highlevel and technical they are?

I know a BJJ blue belt who tapped her in training when she came to San Jose

I tapped purple belts as a white belt.

Experienced grapplers roll to improve, not necessarily to win on most days.

She might have been experimenting with positions and going slow to minimize the chance of injury and your friend was probably a clueless dick who wanted to prove to himself that he can beat a world champion.

Works on soccer moms, strippers, nail technicians and accountants.

I tapped purple belts as a white belt.

Experienced grapplers roll to improve, not necessarily to win on most days.
yeah. did you tap any UFC champions lol? I don't think people realize how poor the skill level in WMMA is compared to men.

Sara Mcmann getting tapped by a 16 year old

Because you can pull Your head out, take the other persons back, and get the RNChoke... Amateur move...

There's a way to prevent that after you complete the throw [jumping to the other side, which is what Ronda often did].

Josh Barnett choked out Dean Lister in a grappling match without even correcting position.

yeah. did you tap any UFC champions lol? I don't think people realize how poor the skill level in WMMA is compared to men.

Sara Mcmann getting tapped by a 16 year old boy

Alexa Grasso was hyped on here for weeks fir being the most technical fighter in all of mma and a challenger for Joanna who us also heralded as the most technical.

But they both use that throw, and it has to be said Grasso kinda sucks.

zMfbTZU.gif

Back