Why don't men use the head and arm throw?

JUST BLEED GOD

Judging
Banned
Reaction score
It works 90% of the time in wmma fights, and is the only throw used by every fighter except Sara McMann.

Posters on here tell me that the wmma champs are the best strikers in mma and very technical.

Why dont men use this throw is it too dangerous? They're silly not to be as good as women, they all use this move successfully.

(Inb4 it's because long hair - Stann)

its one of the biggest go-to throws for novices, because it resembles a schoolyard headlock. real professionals know how to execute an effective takedown

Theres a really easy counter for it , ironically called the polish roll . "Headlock " they call it in american wrestling is unorthodox and a sort of gamble.anyone can get headlocked whencaught off guard tho (chael /tito college match)

I dunno I am pretty sure I see it used every now and then.

too big of a chance to expose your back. dont forget both men are shirtless and slippery.

It worked so well for Paige against Rose.

is the only throw used by every fighter except Sara McMann.
The GOAT used other takedowns before she retired too.

Miesha-Tate-vs-Rhonda-Rousey.jpg

It was my favorite wrestling move from age 5 to age 8. Then it stopped working

Last edited:
It works 90% of the time in wmma fights, and is the only throw used by every fighter except Sara McMann.

Posters on here tell me that the wmma champs are the best strikers in mma and very technical.

Why dont men use this throw is it too dangerous? They're silly not to be as good as women, they all use this move successfully.

(Inb4 it's because long hair - Stann)
I didn't know what a head to arm throw is.

I just looked it up and LOL.

That wouldn't work against JV wrestlers with a half season of training.

No way that's being pulled off in WMMA fights.

Back