Why dont McGregors opponents kick his legs more?

He's never fought a fighter that can kick effectively. That's all

JadedPartialIcterinewarbler-max-1mb.gif

So much salt in this thread I’m getting hypernatremia

On both occasions, Conor was in the motion of throwing a kick as well so essentially he got knocked down because he was only balanced on one foot.

Throwing those type of kicks leaves you wide open to be countered. The only reason Siver managed to last as long as he did was because most of Conor's strikes kept landing just above his head (Siver's got to be 5'5 at best).
any attack leaves you vulnerable for a counter. there are ways to set it up and defend against a left hand too. I agree with you though, Siver and most of the opponents Conor faced were smaller than him.

any attack leaves you vulnerable for a counter. there are ways to set it up and defend against a left hand too. I agree with you though, Siver and most of the opponents Conor faced were smaller than him.

Conor's actually not bad at checking kicks. See the Dustin Poirier fight. I don't think Dustin threw another kick after Conor checked one.

Conor would have really been tested against Aldo, but sadly we all know how that one ended. Regardless, it's highly risky. Even Barboza hardly threw any kicks at Kevin Lee's legs during their fight... most of his kicks were aimed above the neck where one landed cleanly that made do the chicken dance lmao...

One of the dumbest post Ive seen on here yet.

TS try kicking while getting punched in the face, both yous dumbos.

Conor's actually not bad at checking kicks. See the Dustin Poirier fight. I don't think Dustin threw another kick after Conor checked one.

Conor would have really been tested against Aldo, but sadly we all know how that one ended. Regardless, it's highly risky. Even Barboza hardly threw any kicks at Kevin Lee's legs during their fight... most of his kicks were aimed above the neck where one landed cleanly that made do the chicken dance lmao...
I think he broke a guy's leg in the regional circuit from it and Holloway broke his foot too. You are right it is risky but if used well it is a great strategy like what he used in the rematch vs Nate.

It's almost like.. a cross is one of the most notable counters to the leg kick

its almost like.. conor's best punch is a cross

i'm reffering a fighter his own size
by the way . And when was the last aldo used his low kicks. Let's not pretend aldo is a real kicker.
In a pro kickboxing fight mcg would get dismantled ten times worse than in a pro boxing fight.

Jose Aldo says hello.

what is the point in your response? did you "win" the game or something? The fight was like 4 strikes and 13 seconds long. Don't be dumb on purpose solely so as to trump someone else.

He has one of the best timing in mma therefore he is able to check a lot of legkicks.

i'm reffering a fighter his own size
by the way . And when was the last aldo used his low kicks. Let's not pretend aldo is a real kicker.
In a pro kickboxing fight mcg would get dismantled ten times worse than in a pro boxing fight.

Ask Faber if Aldo is a real kicker or not

Kicks leave you open for a counter... which Mcgregor is good at while closing distance... Would get pieced up. Just go for the takedown...
My opinion as well. McG seems to wamt people to kick so he can blast them with that left.

One of the dumbest post Ive seen on here yet.

TS try kicking while getting punched in the face, both yous dumbos.

Says the dumbest ignorant on earth. Tell us more about your fighting experience ?
Do not even bother to respond. I already know

Naked or predictable kicks are bad against a counter striker. And the Aldo fight can't be used as a "why didn't he..." discussion. There was zero time to implement a game plan.

You have to perfectly time him when he takes a step backwards when you attempt to leg kick him. Eddie did it a couple of times.
If you don't catch him moving backwards when you attempt to leg kick him, prepare to eat a quick and hard counter to the face.

I think he's a deceivingly awkward guy to fight. Besides iron chin Nate, I think a lot of guys game plan him, but are taken aback at how fast the counters come when they try stuff they think "should" work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back