why doesn't the UFC..( updated) usada bones..

I weigh around 170lb, so i probably be around 140lb comp time, so ya.
170 is your off-season weight ? What percent bodyfat ? a 30 lb cut is pretty significant if you've got a decent amount of muscle on a 170 lb frame .

170 is your off-season weight ? What percent bodyfat ? a 30 lb cut is pretty significant if you've got a decent amount of muscle on a 170 lb frame .

Off season weight is around 180lb

I like the idea... but there's way too much liability for it to become a reality.

Thingz would get really sticky if someone fails & claims all they took was UFC's supplements... then it's the UFC's fault... not theirz.

The UFC is responsible for promoting fighters not running their lives.. fighters are not property...

The UFC is responsible for promoting fighters not running their lives.. fighters are not property...

They are giving them free supplements and no excuse to tarnish their own legacy with tainted supplements.. It's only when their on contract, not the rest of their lives.

Have a legit supplement company like Muscle Farm provide supplements to the fighters who are on contract with the UFC. Sorta like the Reebox sponsorship. This way fighters are not allowed to use other suplements outside there FREE supplement contract or sponsorship. This would save the UFC $ at the end and would put more accountability on the fighters. They couldn't use " I didn't know I was taking illegal substances" argument.

It's the kangaroo meat you need to be regulating

I don't think they should lock fighters into one supplement brand. But they could bring a supplement brand on board that would guarntee clean supplements. Maybe fighters get a 50% discount on them buying them through some dedicated site for the fighters.

The reality is very few supplements are tainted but it does happen and its been proven that it happens. It's just a very tall order to prove it and by then your name is dragged through the press and you lose out a fight or two.

They are giving them free supplements and no excuse to tarnish their own legacy with tainted supplements.. It's only when their on contract, not the rest of their lives.

I'm sorry, your idea may be well intentioned but it is impractical and impossible to enforce.

For example, what if a fighter doesn't want to take the free stuff offered by the UFC for whatever reason (allergy, sponsor conflict etc).. he just takes nothing??

I'm sorry, your idea may be well intentioned but it is impractical and impossible to enforce.

For example, what if a fighter doesn't want to take the free stuff offered by the UFC for whatever reason (allergy, sponsor conflict etc).. he just takes nothing??

Just like they didn't want to wear Reebox? They are under contract to follow ther employer directives. Fighters don't have to fight under the ufc banner, they sign a contract to do so. They don't have to use supplements if they don't want too.

As an athlete myself, it would be great to get Free supplements from a respectable company.

Just like they didn't want to wear Reebox? They are under contract to follow ther employer directives. Fighters don't have to fight under the ufc banner, they sign a contract to do so. They don't have to use supplements if they don't want too.

As an athlete myself, it would be great to get Free supplements from a respectable company.

As a non-athlete I too would like to get free stuff..I'm not even particular about the reputation of the company giving it to me.

It still does not change the fact that your proposal is impractical and unenforceable.

You mentioned the Reebok deal, but it is not the same thing... you can make a McDonalds employee wear a uniform but you can't tell him what to consume on his own time.

Would the UFC provide the supplements with a 50% discount.

Just like they didn't want to wear Reebox? They are under contract to follow ther employer directives.

This 100% proves you do not get it.
A UFC fighter can wear, promote or do anything they like outside of fight week as far as sponsorship.
They do not have to wear Reebok 365 days a year.

Last time:
same way UFC cannot tell a fighter that they can only drink Bud Lite when they want a beer or Burger King when they want fast foods, they cannot tell a fighter they can only use BRAND X supplements.

As a non-athlete I too would like to get free stuff..I'm not even particular about the reputation of the company giving it to me.

It still does not change the fact that your proposal is impractical and unenforceable.

You mentioned the Reebok deal, but it is not the same thing... you can make a McDonalds employee wear a uniform but you can't tell him what to consume on his own time.

it is futile ;)

Back