Why doesn't Edgar go to 135?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
He's the smallest top 10 FW and he's running out of time in his career.

Probably doesn't want to have to cut hard in the twilight of his career.

If only he had dropped to that weight in his prime.

It's a harder cut than you think....look at Barao for example, who regularly cut down to 135 but had to kill himself damn near to do it. It caught up to him.

Edgar is of similar size and he's 36 years old.. he's said he could if he really wanted to...but really should he?

Probably doesn't want to feel like a loser by constantly dropping to a lower division every time he fails to win a belt.

Cutting weight doesn't get any easier with age. One of his big advantages has always been speed. At 135 at his age, he'd probably be at a speed disadvantage for the 1st time in his career. Not sure how well that would work out for him.

by this "lose a couple fights and move down a division" logic in 30 years there will be a 75 pound male division because everyone has to be a champ or they are not successful.

Frankie is short, but look at his midsection/waist/hips. He's actually pretty thick. Everyone assumes the weight cut would be easy for Frankie but I'm not so sure, at his age now.

His best attribute is speed. He would lose that at 135.

This x100

The speed of his strikes and takedowns are what he relies on, at BW he wouldn't have a speed advantage over many people. Plus the weight cut as well.

He would not be fast for a bw not to mention the weight cut. Tj and Cody would make him look 37 years old.

if it's unhealthy he shouldm't but man some awesome fights there for him

giphy.gif

It's a harder cut than you think....look at Barao for example, who regularly cut down to 135 but had to kill himself damn near to do it. It caught up to him.

Edgar is of similar size and he's 36 years old.. he's said he could if he really wanted to...but really should he?

I'd like to see it at least once. I don't like the idea of him going against big guys like Max, ortega, or even Moicano.

This x100

The speed of his strikes and takedowns are what he relies on, at BW he wouldn't have a speed advantage over many people. Plus the weight cut as well.
He was faster than Faber when they fought. Granted it was at LW but Faber is a natural BW.

He was faster than Faber when they fought. Granted it was at LW but Faber is a natural BW.

He'd still have an advantage over guys like Caraway, but Cody and TJ are for sure faster than him, Cruz as well

I'd like to see it at least once. I don't like the idea of him going against big guys like Max, ortega, or even Moicano.

Yeah either way Edgar's window has narrowed.

He would not be fast for a bw not to mention the weight cut. Tj and Cody would make him look 37 years old.
He'd still have an advantage over guys like Caraway, but Cody and TJ are for sure faster than him, Cruz as well

Yep. I really wish he'd made the move much earlier. He's too old and worn down now, and has lost some of his speed. He'd need all of his speed (and the crazy footwork he used to have) at 135.

There's a lot Fw that should cut, even more Lw that are too short and should've or should cut more weight. There's Bw guys killing themselves to make BW, that's why it's really stacked. There're Bw as tall and big as some Lw, let alone Fw...

Back