Why doesn't Dominick Cruz have a fight scheduled?

tumblr_oj28s0o2ip1u2ragso1_500.gif

Dudes got a chin on him. He took Cody's best shots and kept coming forward.

I don't understand how he automatically gets the winner of Cody/TJ.

What is the reasoning behind that?

I think it's because he has seven belts back home, is widely considered the greatest BW ever, and is arguably the best at selling fights at BW.

Cruz had never fought anybody who was faster than him, which is why he looked so damn flustered out there.

He'd rather fight TJ because he knows he can get in his head, unlike Cody. I think that's why he thinks Cody will beat him because he will be in his head

He may be waiting. But, I think his body just can't handle the rigors of training, and fighting fulltime.

Kinda like Cain, but not self inflicted. So, I do sympathize a little.

But, you don't get a TS from losing the belt. That's fuckin ridiculous.

Tell that to Silva and Rousey and Penn and Edgar and Aldo and Barao and Tito and couture.

Grabrandt vs Dillashaw is rumored for Ufc 217 on November 4th, according to bjpenn.com

I think it's because he has seven belts back home, is widely considered the greatest BW ever, and is arguably the best at selling fights at BW.
I'd understand if it were an immediate rematch after a close fight, but he got starched and he's just sitting out and waiting. No other former champions sit out and wait for the champ to defend his belt so they can have another crack at the champ. Most champions have to get a win.

I don't understand how he automatically gets the winner of Cody/TJ.

What is the reasoning behind that?

First lost in the UFC, first loss in nearly 10 years, lost by decision, no one else at 135 is as good as he is. What's so difficult to understand?

Cruz should move up and challenge the winner of Holloway/Edgar.

Both of them would struggle with his speed and footwork.
Perfect time for him to do it.

First lost in the UFC, first loss in nearly 10 years, lost by decision, no one else at 135 is as good as he is. What's so difficult to understand?
I guess what is so difficult to understand is that he's sitting out for over a year waiting for a title shot. I figured he'd fight maybe once this year or something. Maybe "earn" a title shot by winning a fight against someone in the division.

Every fighter on the roster is accused of ducking everyone else, so why does Dom get a free pass for not wanting to fight anyone else in his division?

He was given Jimmie Rivera but declined. He then said he only wanted a fight with Garbrandt or TJ.

Aside from TJ, which fight did he win that was a "razor thin decision"? Because he won basically every fight 50-45.

You must not have watched Cruz Faber 2. Also His fight against mm wasn't anything to write home about.

It's funny that he had opportunities to defend against Tj but refused. Then he gets offered a rematch against garbrandt and refuses. Now, he claims to want to fight the winner of their fight. What a tool.

I'd understand if it were an immediate rematch after a close fight, but he got starched and he's just sitting out and waiting. No other former champions sit out and wait for the champ to defend his belt so they can have another crack at the champ. Most champions have to get a win.

Rousey came back and immediately fought for the title. It's actually better this way because immediate rematches suck. At least this way we get the TJ vs. Cody fight.

How can he fight when Cody has his soul?

Yes he did come back and won his belt back but...

Still took a toll on his already fragile body. He wanted time off, its become even longer with TJ/Cody postponement

I guess what is so difficult to understand is that he's sitting out for over a year waiting for a title shot. I figured he'd fight maybe once this year or something. Maybe "earn" a title shot by winning a fight against someone in the division.

Every fighter on the roster is accused of ducking everyone else, so why does Dom get a free pass for not wanting to fight anyone else in his division?

He said he needs time to heal his plantar fasciitis thing. Also, it's taking even longer because Cody got injured.

He's doing TV and the announcing thing obviously. Cody is fighting TJ and he's probably going to want the winner which won't happen until 2018. He made enough money on the Ronda card as champ on PPV points to not have to take a fight this year.

Back