Why doesn't Daniel Cormier fight like this against Jon Jones?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier looked pretty confident in all of the fights except Jon Jones. He uses his wrestling game on opponents but against Jon Jones, I hardly see him wrestling. Dunno why. Maybe Jon Jones is a lot bigger to take down?

The greatest strength is his wrestling.

Hard to take down a guy jacked on steroids.

Jon's ability to keep distance and use leverage gives DC a lot of problems..

Pretty confidence abounds.

Yet hardly laid hands upon Jones.

Is't Jones too boar for the hunt?

Daniel Cormier looked pretty confident in all of the fights except Jon Jones. He uses his wrestling game on opponents but against Jon Jones, I hardly see him wrestling. Dunno why. Maybe Jon Jones is a lot bigger to take down?

he tried wrestling. Jones on the sauce had too much core strength. the first fight he seemed like it was a moral victory just to get a TD

If I recall he had a sweet TD in the second fight too, just wasnt able to do much with it.

Last edited:
Jones is better then everyone else...

AyYY94A.gif

he tried wrestling. Jones on the sauce had too much core strength. the first fight he seemed like it was a moral victory just to get a TD
Jons hand fighting in the clinch is very underrated. He can generate leverage that you probably can't train for without someone of similar reach/build

Because Jones is also a great wrestler (and was roided to the gills)

Usually when two great wrestlers fight, they are going to nullify each other. It usually becomes a striking or clinch battle.

DC knew he wasted a lot of energy trying to wrestle Jones in the first fight so he just decided to come out swinging in the second fight. I thought he was doing great. He was pressuring Jon and landing some good punches but the steroid cheat was able to land that damn kick.

Jones is a phenomenal wrestler and very lengthy. DC gives up a ton of height against Jones. No one uses their reach advantage like Jones did. It's too much for DC to overcome.

He's tried. Jon stops him. Jon is the GOAT. Deal with it.

Jones is just a legit all around beast. But just thinking about the rematch pisses me off. Awesome fight. Awesome knockout. All tainted by a cheat...

Because Jones is also a great wrestler (and was roided to the gills)

Usually when two great wrestlers fight, they are going to nullify each other. It usually becomes a striking or clinch battle.

DC knew he wasted a lot of energy trying to wrestle Jones in the first fight so he just decided to come out swinging in the second fight. I thought he was doing great. He was pressuring Jon and landing some good punches but the steroid cheat was able to land that damn kick.
DC needs a perfect fight to win, Jon can win at any moment and that's not even bringing up the age/frame difference between them.

Jon would be nearly impossible to look good against 25 minutes straight

Distance management, and when DC gets close, he uses knee's to the body, and the oblique kicks.

Jon is in Cornmeal's head like no one else. Hard to fight smart when you're triggered

Back