Why does weed have such strong advocates?

This is largely because weed is illegal and people with careers or anything to lose don't risk a criminal record or their jobs. In states where it's legal, tons of people winning at life smoke.

Or a large subsection of weed zealots are just Unmotivated dredges. Not saying all, a lot of pot smokers lead active and contributing lives. But the study show the demographics align with smokers -- and cigarettes are not illegal. They just tend to attract higher ratios of uneducated and low income.

Yep, I was diagnosed with PTSD after desert storm. The doc prescribed Paxil. I took that shit for a while and felt like a zombie. It had all kinds of weird side effects too. After a little bit I threw that shit in the trash and called a guy I knew that had a weed hook up. That was almost 20 years ago now. Best decision I ever made.
paxil sucks balls

But other drugs don’t seem to ?

“Cures cancer”
“Performance enhancer”
“Safe to drive high”

A guy on reddit claimed it has a similar impact on driving as taking a Tylenol.

Another weird thing is some place, I think Denver, allows medical use, but employers can fire employees who have any trace of a drug in their system, even if they never use it at or before work. I think it was a 60 minutes segment.

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/7c9m5h/schizophrenic_killer_on_probation_gets_medical/

Because it's criminalization has ruined countless lives via the drug war and has provided an insanely profitable black market commodity for the cartels and other highly violent criminal organizations. Legalizing drugs (yes I think all drugs should be legal, but we can limit the discussion to marijuana), would take profits from violent criminals and put them back into the legal economy to be taxed and regulated. Violent crimes associated with the drug trade would end when it's sold by corporations with legal teams. Taxes can go to recovery and rehabilitation needs. Illegal drugs also create a corrupting influence with the government. It corrupts our police and jails.

I just think it's an easy change that would do a lot of good for our nation. I've personally had friends who have had their lives fucked up because it's illegal.

It's also highly hypocritical for the government to say you can't use it because it's harmful when they allow you to do much more harmful activities like alcohol and sky diving.

And I believe in individual freedom. You have a right to do what you want with your body. We all only have one life on this planet and you should be free to do what you want in that time as long as you aren't harming others around you. I've always found it odd that small government Republicans don't have have this same idea.

But other drugs don’t seem to ?

“Cures cancer”
“Performance enhancer”
“Safe to drive high”

A guy on reddit claimed it has a similar impact on driving as taking a Tylenol.

Another weird thing is some place, I think Denver, allows medical use, but employers can fire employees who have any trace of a drug in their system, even if they never use it at or before work. I think it was a 60 minutes segment.

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/7c9m5h/schizophrenic_killer_on_probation_gets_medical/

My take is that evolution wired us for a very dog-eat-dog/survival of the fittest existence but the resulting mental state from that wiring is often ill adjusted to the reality of modern civilization. Whether it's the hyper-keyed up guy who's always on edge and ready for a fight or the lazy slacker who has a creeping fear that he's not measuring up and providing nothing to the world, a lot of people build a dependence on weed to moderate the anxiety produced by their native mental state and laws that would take their "medicine" away threaten to relegate them to permanent angst.

If marijuana
I hate potheads. They are some of the most retarded people on earth and they often smell like shit.

6a00d834515c5469e2017c32808740970b-600wi

<{1-8}>
I'm not too fond of the typical 'pot head' either. But I'm also smart enough to know that there's a large subset of normal productive healthy people that benefit from it. Hell, if I got any of the benefits from marijuana which it's propants claim they get then I'd smoke the stuff myself. Unfortunately I hate the effects of weed. You couldn't pay me money to smoke it.

Last edited:
Don't know about the PED stuff, but the "safe to drive on" argument is real. I went through my 24/7 pothead phase years ago, and every stoner I knew made that argument if it ever came up. I can't tell you how many times I heard "You're actually a better driver while stoned, because it makes you more focused."

Potheads say the damnedest things. I believe part of the reason weed can't be seriously and fairly looked at, in terms of legalization, is all the ridiculous and extreme views a lot of it's advocates argue. While some of the detractors might have ridiculous "Reefer Madness"-like views on it, the extreme exists the other way as well. Extreme meets extreme, and few are willing to take an honest look at it.

Don't know about "more focused", but I drive so slowly when I've blazed that even if I did get into a collision, no one would be harmed.

Agreed though, that some stoners make such ridiculously miraculous claims for marijuana that it becomes hard to take any of 'em seriously.
I just think that drug use, of any sort, tends to attract such a disproportionate number of dropout loser types that they come to characterise users in the eyes of the general population - hence the retarded stoner stereotype.

Personally, I do not try to claim that smoking weed is good for me. I moderate my use, and that is good for me.

Cool, are they pot users or potheads? Because I'm talking about a specific section of the users. Kind've like how they are people who drink and people who are alcoholics.

More specifically, talking about how dredges who have nothing else going on in life but are passionate about weed. Not people who are capable but partake in smoking dope.

Weirdly enough, the person I know who is the most passionate about advocating for legalising Marijuana isn't even a user. It was a breakthrough treatment for her son (multiple disabilities). She also lives in a state which had comparatively strict Marijuana laws, Queensland (it's decriminalised here in SA), which last year legalised medicinal marijuana.
She's certainly not a member of the Bucket Bongs for Breakfast Brigade.

Weed has strong advocates. Yes, and alcoholics are vehemently opposed to prohibition.

Back