Why does weed have such strong advocates?

I hate potheads. They are some of the most retarded people on earth and they often smell like shit.

6a00d834515c5469e2017c32808740970b-600wi

<{1-8}>

Holy shit that mother fucker makes me want to cut my dreads off. Look how gunky they are?

A lil dawn dish soap and vinegar could take care of all of that build up.

This is probably the greatest ad for marijuana. I'm tempted to get high, lift some weights and then eat some fried chicken.

reverse-1242802986_arnoldsmokingpot.gif

This looks pretty good too:

cigarette-enjoy-forever-young-girl-hat-hot-light-live-fast-makeup-photography-pretty-smoke-tattoo-weed-love-is-a-headshot-Favim.com-791436.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I was diagnosed with PTSD after desert storm. The doc prescribed Paxil. I took that shit for a while and felt like a zombie. It had all kinds of weird side effects too. After a little bit I threw that shit in the trash and called a guy I knew that had a weed hook up. That was almost 20 years ago now. Best decision I ever made.

Shit i wish i remembered what they had me on.

It was a cocktail of pain meds and antipsychotics given to me in a brown paper bag each month or so.

I know tramadol and 2 types of oxy were in there.

Don't know about the PED stuff, but the "safe to drive on" argument is real. I went through my 24/7 pothead phase years ago, and every stoner I knew made that argument if it ever came up. I can't tell you how many times I heard "You're actually a better driver while stoned, because it makes you more focused."

There is empirical evidence from experiments that stoned drivers are less likely to be in an accident. Actually I would state that stoned drivers are more cautious (whereas drunk drivers vastly overestimate their impaired abilities).

Don't know about the PED stuff, but the "safe to drive on" argument is real. I went through my 24/7 pothead phase years ago, and every stoner I knew made that argument if it ever came up. I can't tell you how many times I heard "You're actually a better driver while stoned, because it makes you more focused."

Potheads say the damnedest things. I believe part of the reason weed can't be seriously and fairly looked at, in terms of legalization, is all the ridiculous and extreme views a lot of it's advocates argue. While some of the detractors might have ridiculous "Reefer Madness"-like views on it, the extreme exists the other way as well. Extreme meets extreme, and few are willing to take an honest look at it.

Jeez, then those people are idiots. It's easier to drive high than drunk (I did it a few times in my early 20s), but it is still nowhere approaching advisable to do so. People always lack measure when discussing the things they like. ugh.

There is empirical evidence from experiments that stoned drivers are less likely to be in an accident.

Than.....drunk drivers? Yes, I would agree. Less than sober? No.

Thing is, you can't measure this in a vacuum. Tolerance is a key factor and different for everyone. In my stoner days, I could drive fine after smoking ridiculous amounts of weed. Now that I might smoke a couple times a year(if that), I wouldn't even consider driving while high, because I'm blitzed out of my mind.

Bottom line, is that impaired driving isn't good at all, and to say that one form of it is fine, because it's not as bad as other impairments, isn't much of an argument.

It's not good to drive high. End of story.

Are you the type that wears pot leaf shirts, Hang up flags in your room and post pictures of yourself smoking dope all day? Is weed the only thing in your life that brings you happiness, joy or passion? No? Then I'm not talking about you.

I have my fair share of pot leaf items throughout my house. No I don't post pictures of me smoking. Marijuana does calm my nerves and ADD so the benefits of smoking make me happy. I invest in the industry and would grow if it was legal in my State, so you could say I'm passionate about marijuana. I'm a pothead but I sure as shit don't fit the stereotype you're projecting.

Sure...good for you.

But According to recent studies, you would be an outlier. Potheads align closer in demographic (based on substance usage) to cigarette smokers -- in which the ratio bulk is made of people who are poorer and uneducated.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/14/study-poorer-marijuana-users-smoking-the-most/

Yet, we hardly ever see cigarette smokers engulf themselves in tobacco culture or go on about it as if it's the only meaningful thing in their lives.

Well, except for Dale Gribble.

Again, im not against usage or legalization -- just find weed culture and potheads super weird

I have my fair share of pot leaf items throughout my house. No I don't post pictures of me smoking. Marijuana does calm my nerves and ADD so the benefits of smoking make me happy. I invest in the industry and would grow if it was legal in my State, so you could say I'm passionate about marijuana. I'm a pothead but I sure as shit don't fit the stereotype you're projecting.

Last edited:
Than.....drunk drivers? Yes, I would agree. Less than sober? No.

This is not a matter of agreement but of empirical data.

Bottom line, is that impaired driving isn't good at all, and to say that one form of it is fine, because it's not as bad as other impairments, isn't much of an argument.

The thing is just...is it really impaired driving if you're probably not really impaired?

It's not good to drive high. End of story.

I'll agree here 100%. The reason is very easy. If something does happen - say you hit and kill a kid - aside from the legal implications, you'll never before happy again just because you'd wonder about whether being stoned was the decisive factor.

lmao I totally forgot about reefer madness. An absolute classic.

There's not one line in that trailer that's not completely hilarious. "Rolled into innocent looking cigarettes..."

The thing is just...is it really impaired driving if you're probably not really impaired?

What are you arguing? Are you saying that you aren't impaired if you're high?

What are you arguing? Are you saying that you aren't impaired if you're high?

I am saying that given the available evidence, it is technically not something that can be assumed. I concede the point though that different people may react differently and therefore I also accept THC should not be legal when driving.

I support marijuana legalization but agree that some advocates have said some silly things. I've seen people argue it would wipe out the national debt because it could be taxed like cigarettes lol.
Seems to be working out pretty well in CO

It's a weird thing. Ever noticed how the dumbest losers from your high schools, the ones who couldn't pass a remedial science class if you gave them the answer key -- seem to get enthralled by the chemistry of weed? They can't get up on time for a job interview, finish a Robert Munsch book or move out of their mom's basement -- but they can tell you complex break downs of strains and fashion fairly intricate smoking apparatuses.

Weed is fine and all but potheads are just an odd group.
All my friends smoke weed and are very successful and responsible people, read books, are good parents, etc.

Cool, are they pot users or potheads? Because I'm talking about a specific section of the users. Kind've like how they are people who drink and people who are alcoholics.

More specifically, talking about how dredges who have nothing else going on in life but are passionate about weed. Not people who are capable but partake in smoking dope.
All my friends smoke weed and are very successful and responsible people, read books, are good parents, etc.

Back