Why does weed have such strong advocates?

Lavalamp

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
But other drugs don’t seem to ?

“Cures cancer”
“Performance enhancer”
“Safe to drive high”

A guy on reddit claimed it has a similar impact on driving as taking a Tylenol.

Another weird thing is some place, I think Denver, allows medical use, but employers can fire employees who have any trace of a drug in their system, even if they never use it at or before work. I think it was a 60 minutes segment.

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/7c9m5h/schizophrenic_killer_on_probation_gets_medical/

Most of the other drugs were already used as cures for things.

It's how most got their start.

Because people are in jail and prison over it and most of us find that to be grossly unfair.

I would think that a guy who named himself after a lavalamp would already know the answer to this.

Edit: gotta have a silver belt to post in this thread, noobs.

But other drugs don’t seem to ?

“Cures cancer”
“Performance enhancer”
“Safe to drive high”

A guy on reddit claimed it has a similar impact on driving as taking a Tylenol.

Another weird thing is some place, I think Denver, allows medical use, but employers can fire employees who have any trace of a drug in their system, even if they never use it at or before work. I think it was a 60 minutes segment.

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/7c9m5h/schizophrenic_killer_on_probation_gets_medical/
Why does it have such strong, irrational opposition should be your primary question.

Firing an employee over use in a state where it is "legal" is perfectly fine to do, because; it's not legal. Still against federal law and there's no way a company's insurance would ever allow them to not fire employees over it.

I think people over stress things like 'cures cancer' no side effects etc. but to act like it's worse than some legal alternatives is laughable.

Probably the same reason Coffee has such strong advocates.
People like it.

Because people are addicted to it and are trying to justify using it

It is rather tragic that the defining issue for millennials in Canada is legalized weed. People actually voted for a brainless, spoiled, trust-fund baby because he promised to legalize weed.

Justin-Trudeau-smoking-weed.jpg

xw575acbb5.jpg

I support marijuana legalization but agree that some advocates have said some silly things. I've seen people argue it would wipe out the national debt because it could be taxed like cigarettes lol.

It's a weird thing. Ever noticed how the dumbest losers from your high schools, the ones who couldn't pass a remedial science class if you gave them the answer key -- seem to get enthralled by the chemistry of weed? They can't get up on time for a job interview, finish a Robert Munsch book or move out of their mom's basement -- but they can tell you complex break downs of strains and fashion fairly intricate smoking apparatuses.

Weed is fine and all but potheads are just an odd group.

when you smoke the weed
you'll no longer feel the greed
please, my friend, take heed

Because it's one of the most unjustly vilified drugs in human history...

The government lies told about it, the ridiculous notion of "gateway drug" and that it causes brain damage...

The list goes on and on...

Frankly, if you're against the legalization of weed but are cool with pharmaceutical companies distributing diluted versions of heroin...then yea...you're a fucking idiot.

The government lies told about it, the ridiculous notion of "gateway drug" and that it causes brain damage...

Frankly, if you're against the legalization of weed but are cool with pharmaceutical companies distributing diluted versions of heroin...then yea...you're a fucking idiot.
lmao I totally forgot about reefer madness. An absolute classic.

Some people have said Canada’s proposed laws will be too strict.

Basically this, the over the top pot advocates are sort of the pendulum swinging back the other way I suppose. I support marijuana legalization but even I agree with TS that pot advocates take it too far. I'd go as far as to say that while I support its legalization I don't really want to see it become too accepted socially either. In fact I'd be okay with banning public ads and even banning the creation of the Amsterdam style coffeehouses where people can purchase and smoke weed.

I say you should be able to buy it at dispensaries but not smoke at them or in public generally though you should be able to grow as much as you are able to so I don't agree with restrictions on personal grow ops.

I think it's weird it has such strong opponents that don't work for tobacco or alcohol companies. And weirdly mostly from people who don't trust the government and are all about freedom and personal responsibility. Yet since the government has been saying it's really scary, evil and bad for like a 100 years and lol used to make public service announcements movies/ads saying it takes away free will and tuns people into killers they think it's really scary and bad.

Last edited:
Back