Why does the UFC have a weight limit for the HEAVIES? WTH?

The cap at hw makes no sense.

However there's some ppl who try to justify it cause

300 pound men suck or will be outta shape

The reality is those guys wouldn't be in UFC in 1st place

Only top fighters will be in UFC whether they're 250 or 350

Now the problem is it's decided by the commission n there's shw class as well for those over 265

The ac would have to scrap shw n remove the cap
I wish theyd scrap shw, hw, lhw basiically. go with the big boys.
Make basiically three deep weight classes. 155, 170, big fuckers.
Guys who cut from 205+ to make 185 currently are all natural HWs and some could just bulk a biat or cut to 170.

I don't like the idea of matchups were one guy is over 100lbs heavier than the other. We know it will happen too, a 300lbs guy rehydrating 25lbs vs a 220lbs guy only rehydrating 10 lbs. Who wants to see fights won via manboob suffocation? If they also introduced a weightclass like 205-220 I might be down for it.
While I agree, do you really think a 340 pound Lesnar would pummel Cain when a 290 point Lesnar couldn't? If anything, he'd be able to keep Cain down before gassing even more quickly. I'm 100% against the 265 cap, though. If someone like Lesnar wants to fight at a ripped 700 pounds, let him.

While I agree, do you really think a 340 pound Lesnar would pummel Cain when a 290 point Lesnar couldn't? If anything, he'd be able to keep Cain down before gassing even more quickly. I'm 100% against the 265 cap, though. If someone like Lesnar wants to fight at a ripped 700 pounds, let him.
Well Lesnar is a pretty rare breed, most HWs that would come in 300lbs+ wouldn't look like that

because super hw = +265lbs

I would increase all weight limits in the UFC and fat test, setting a minimum weight for fighters based on 8% body fat.

130-fly
140-bw
155- fw
170- lw
185- ww
200- mw
225- lhw
295- hw

It's very simple: UFC is scared Sumo wrestlers will dominate!! And the UFC does not want a fat Sumo Wrestler as their heavyweight champ because they don't think it's good for business.

So, it's very possible that, with some MMA training, an elite Sumo wrestler like Hakuho could dominate the UFC heavyweight division. And if that were to happen, it would make the UFC look less legit and Sumo Wrestling look more legit. And that's not good for UFC's business either.

The265 pound rule bothers me, but no one seems to be in a rush to change it.

I think uncle Dana thinks all the heavyweights would get lazy

That being said nobody's ever gonna pay to watch 2 330 pound men.. Ugh

Back