Why does the UFC hate James Vick?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
The guy is 9-1 in the UFC, has the look, height, personality, etc. Every fight he is calling out the UFC saying what the fuck, I am a top 10 fighter, give me a top 10 fighter, etc.

And yet he is only 11 in the rankings? Alexander Hernandez had 1 fight in the UFC and is already 13.

The UFC moved up Al IaQuinta ahead of James Vick after Al IaQuinta's loss.

:cool:

The guy is 9-1 in the UFC, has the look, height, personality, etc.

<26>

But in all seriousness I think it has to do with that point exactly. He's not a brand name but he's big for LW and dangerous all around. Not an easy fight for many people and no real recognition. Probably less to do with ufc hating him and more that nobody will sign to fight him. Fun fighter to watch though other than his last performance.

images

I guess the UFC isn't into promoting frail looking rednecks with tiny heads. Who would have thought.

Trinaldo is a good win
Duffy and Trujillo are decent enough
But it wasn’t that long ago he was KOed by Dariush.

Last edited:
Nate Diaz hasn't fought at lightweight since December 2015, he's 2-3 in his last 5 lightweight fights and is holding down the number 8th ranking, with no desire to fight at all in the future. James Vick 9-1 at lightweight can't get a rank or a top 10 opponent when he has a huge desire to fight. Clearly something's fucked.

Because no one knows him but he'd smoke a lot of the people in the top 10. They scared.

I guess the UFC isn't into promoting frail looking rednecks with tiny heads. Who would have thought.

Yeah if he grew up in the ghetto and had only half a brain like Nate Diaz he'd be way more marketable.

yo fuck vick, dude is absolutely fucking massive at LW, the size difference is ridiculous against all of his opponents.

i'm also salty that a goof like vick caught duffy with that uppercut (early stoppage btw) and joe could barely fuckin reach vick the whole fight because he's so big.

Looking forward to seeing James Vick make waves. He’s gonna keep winning until they give him the top guys

His striking is muck and yet he is beating decent opponents. Also looks awkward as hell in a fight with regards to his movement and footwork.

The guy is 9-1 in the UFC, has the look, height, personality, etc. Every fight he is calling out the UFC saying what the fuck, I am a top 10 fighter, give me a top 10 fighter, etc.

And yet he is only 11 in the rankings? Alexander Hernandez had 1 fight in the UFC and is already 13.

The UFC moved up Al IaQuinta ahead of James Vick after Al IaQuinta's loss.

:cool:

Iaquinta knocked out the 3
Trinaldo is a good win
Duffy and Trujillo and decent enough
But it wasn’t that long ago he was KOed by Dariush.

One loss to Dariush isn't as bad as Al Iaquinta being choked out by Mitch Clark. I could easily argue Vick has a better resume than Iaquinta. Iaquinta beat 4 gate keepers for his 4 biggest wins of his career. Come on does wins over Lauzon, Pearson and Sanchez really mean anything in 2018?

He beat Duffy, who's a really good unranked fighter, also beat Trinaldo, who, despite of his wild style, is tough to deal with. IDK, Vick's better than he was on TUF, should get a step-up now that he's active again.

Back