Why does the right seems to morph new movements after elections?

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It's been happening for along time, kind of like jumping bandwagoners. Since the Reagan era with some actual people we could call conservatives, not the lunatics trumpsters we have now. From
paleoconservatism in the 80s, Christian right from Bush Sr era, the tea party and patriot movement that has grown strong in the Bush administration. Now we face the alt right, another shift from the right. I'm just scared it's going to be worse from now on. Did I mention the neo cons too? The right has lost his identity, and after a election cicle some new movement is born and it goes even further to the right.
Any thoughts on this?

yea, at least the left has never changed. they were always about men being able to use the ladies room and children being allowed to pick their own gender

Is this still a strong left position?

It's been happening for along time, kind of like jumping bandwagoners. Since the Reagan era with some actual people we could call conservatives, not the lunatics trumpsters we have now. From
paleoconservatism in the 80s, Christian right from Bush Sr era, the tea party and patriot movement that has grown strong in the Bush administration. Now we face the alt right, another shift from the right. I'm just scared it's going to be worse from now on. Did I mention the neo cons too? The right has lost his identity, and after a election cicle some new movement is born and it goes even further to the right.
Any thoughts on this?

I think you are mistaking re-branding, with an actual change.

Neo-cons and the chamber of commerce have controlled the RNC for decades now.

Lol, silver got dusted in here.

I have no love for politicians.
The ctrl-left is just delusional though.

Pfffft plz, no arguments, just trolls trying to deflect. I take the W

I hear ya.
Those righties changing into whatever the left wants to call them this week.
While the left stays true.

I hear ya.
Those righties changing into whatever the left wants to call them this week.
While the left stays true.

It is true that the early 2000s saw a right dominated by neocons and the religious right. Then during Obama's presidency, suddenly debt mattered to the right, and you had a bunch of econ cranks predicting another collapse, hyperinflation, debt crises, etc. Now the right is totally dominated by identity politics. That's at the ground level (and you can see it in the WR--even in this thread). At the top, as Viva suggested, it's all about upward redistribution of wealth.

yea, at least the left has never changed. they were always about men being able to use the ladies room and children being allowed to pick their own gender

Of course this is right-wing strawman characterizations of the left, which reflects the extent to which identity politics dominates on the right now rather than any actual change in the left.

It is true that the early 2000s saw a right dominated by neocons and the religious right. Then during Obama's presidency, suddenly debt mattered to the right, and you had a bunch of econ cranks predicting another collapse, hyperinflation, debt crises, etc. Now the right is totally dominated by identity politics. That's at the ground level (and you can see it in the WR--even in this thread). At the top, as Viva suggested, it's all about upward redistribution of wealth.

Of course this is right-wing strawman characterizations of the left, which reflects the extent to which identity politics dominates on the right now rather than any actual change in the left.

Oh, of course lol.

Um, there was a huge crash during the Obama admin (not his fault)
The way he bailed them out was.

You right.

He was elected in 2008. I already said it wasn't his fault, but the way he handled it was.

Huh? The U.S. had possibly the best recovery from the GFC in the developed world. And further stimulus was blocked by Republicans (back when they were pretending to care about deficits because they thought a fast recovery would help Obama in 2012).

are we supposed to be shocked that progressives progressed?

Any opinions from the peanut gallery on why their current goals didnt exist 3 years ago?

Back