Why does the Conor stripping matter to you?

That makes you look worse

Darn, you're right. I now feel terrible.

hanging-head.jpg

It could possibly go back to the best fighting the best and become an actual sport.

It is hard to take the belts seriously since the sanctioning body(The UFC) doesn't. The fighters want the belts because of the ppv bonus. But that is much less of a selling point these days. At one time winning the light heavy or welterweight belt guaranteed 500k buys, not any more. You already need to be a draw or be on a card with Mcgregor, GSP...etc to make any money. Prize fighters fight for money, and that shouldn't be underestimated. That said, the UFC can do whatever they want with their trinkets. The fans can decide who the real champion is. Whether the UFC calls it an interim or a real belt doesn't matter. The actual fight is the same.

divisions can carry on with interim titles and makes no difference

people just can't stop talking about Conor because he is the most prominent and polarizing fighter in history, thats it

EDIT:
PD: Khabib and Tony should be honored to be mentioned in the same paragraph with Conor
how does connors peepee taste?

Title fights and big spectacles are just a hell of a lot more memorable.
Think about the sports games you remember the most.
They're probably mostly big finals.

If you have a great game lined up between 2 of the best teams, you'd wish it was in the finals, rather than having to seem one of them eliminated early on in a tournament.

While I can enjoy a good mid season game, the excitement of a big game does enhance the overall experience.

It would be a waste to have two such high level guys on big streaks fight each other outside of the title picture.

He is not the best at LW so I guess it really does not matter. The real fight is Khabib vs Tony. Conor can keep his “I can only beat Eddie at LW belt” and move along.

Is the Tony/Khabib fight going to be more or less entertaining depending on if a real title is on the line?

Do you care about Tony or Khabib’s feelings being hurt if its not the real belt.

Do you just want Conor to be punished because you don’t like him?

Are you a staunch supporter of the integrity of the sport?
Integrity of the sport, and purism, are about competitive fights, not names written on websites and TV graphics.

The fans you're addressing, aka the so-called purists, are more interested in the latter than the former. They prefer the game of rankings to the sport of fighting. They're Bill Rawls, more interested in crossing names off the board to present a narrative, than trying to actually improve Baltimore.

I'll care about the integrity of the sport when the UFC treats its fighters, and more importantly its fans, with integrity from the lowest gatekeeper to the top.

A) He never had to fight his way up to a title shot in the first place.
B) He hasnt defended a single time.

Even if he comes back, he doesn't even deserve a title fight ... not that he won't get one immediately, but he certainly hasn't earned one. He beat a guy who probably wasn't even the best in the division at the time, but due to scheduling and a solid win became champ. Now Conor thinks he should just be able to sit back, let contenders that hes never fought eliminate each other, then swoop and fight which ever one he thinks he has the best chance at beating ... for the unified title? Conor needs to fuck off, lol. This sort of shit would absolutely not have flown even just 5 years ago. Remember when Dana fucking flipped out after the greatest WW of all time, who fought everyone in the entire division, said he was going to 'step away from the sport' for awhile? Dana fucking lost his shit, didn't allow GSP to the presser, and set up another WW title fight almost immediately. Conor didn't have to fight the contenders, of either division, and now gets to keep a belt from a weightclass he's fought in only once in the UFC? It's absolutely nuts to think of how much the sport has changed due to the influx of new fans and the way that hype now trumps any actual tangible aspect of sport.

At this point, nobody gives a shit about Conor's LW belt anymore. Ferguson next fight will be, in the general perception, the LW champ's first defense.
In the worst case scenario, the winner of Ferguson's next fight will be seen as the undisputed champ. And rightly so.
UFC just let Conor play with his toy belt to keep his marketing value. In sports terms, means nothing.

I get the feeling there are a lot of guys on here that would love to see Conor stripping

Back