Why does the Conor stripping matter to you?

It matters to me as I don't understand what the point is if Conor is just going to fight the winner regardless only 4 months later. It does nothing except make the haters shut up for a bit.

It would be different if he wasn't planning on coming back for a year or so, but if he's coming back this year it doesn't make sense.

Hate for Conor has nothing to do with wanting to see the sport regain integrity, furthermore why should the active fighters not be rewarded with what they deserve ?.

Why should Conor not be rewarded with what he deserves?

Is the Tony/Khabib fight going to be more or less entertaining depending on if a real title is on the line?

Do you care about Tony or Khabib’s feelings being hurt if its not the real belt.

Do you just want Conor to be punished because you don’t like him?

Are you a staunch supporter of the integrity of the sport?

I don't care about the belt and neither does Conor anymore. It's just about saving face at this point and public image/perception.

Is the Tony/Khabib fight going to be more or less entertaining depending on if a real title is on the line?

Do you care about Tony or Khabib’s feelings being hurt if its not the real belt.

Because like many human beings I have a preference for fairness

It doesn't

Belts are a promotional tool, Khabib X Tony will be no more enjoyable to me if it has a interim tag or not.

Conor should have been stripped but I don't really care either way.

Do any of you mooks even realize that an interim belt to Conor's actual belt is more valuable than the actual belt with Conor out of the picture?

Who do u think is happier (with the outlook of their career, their exposure, and their finances)...

The winner of this interim title, with Conor's name in all the buildup, with Conor sitting cageside, and setting up a massive unification fight with Conor?

Or undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway?

If we think about it like a sport and not as entertainment (wwe)...

Allowing him to keep his belt and title at this point would be on a similar level as the Golden State Warriors deciding to forgo this basketball season to play an exhibition soccer game against Real Madrid, make a ton of money in a losing effort, sit out all season and tease fans on social media that they'll come back and play for more money and a share of the league, continue to sit out through the entire playoffs whilst calling themselves the champion; and in response the NBA commissioner and reps decide to hold an 'interim' championship until they feel like returning and defending their title.

As a business, the UFC needs to move on, they look sad and desperate imo by not having the guts to strip (or pay whatever it takes to get) their golden boy.

It matters to the haters because haters feed off bad things happening to the people they're hating on. It lowers their feeling of insecurity/inadequacy which is what causes them to be haters in the first place.

Obviously no one successful (success = being fulfilled) would care, but the haters are insecure because of their lack of success. Crabs in a bucket.

LOL Conor fans went fucking ballistic when Aldo pulled out against Conor because of an injury and he was only out for a couple of months. Wonder what tune you'd have been singing if Aldo was flat out refusing to defend against Conor or if Eddie/RDA absolutely refused to entertain the idea of fighting Conor.

"If you’re fit to fight and you’re not going to fight, the belt rightfully should be stripped" - Conor McGregor before he was champion...my how quick that philosophy changed.

Because the belt means something. It means you're the best and you'll do anything to prove you're the best. Conor doesn't have the mind or drive of a champ so he should be stripped so someone else gets the opportunity to prove themselves.....Ultimate Fighting Championships......

Bigger question is how is it ok to have a champ that simply chooses not to fight? You have one job and you’re not doing it.

Imagine you work at Burger King and you get promoted to fry cook and you brag about being the best fry cook ever but nobody’s actually seen you cook fries and you flat out refuse to. AND while you supposedly still work at BK, you go work for a day elsewhere making baked potatoes for more money but you suck at it. You’d have gotten fired from BK long ago or at least brought back down from fry cook to a less prominent position.

It matters to the haters because haters feed off bad things happening to the people they're hating on. It lowers their feeling of insecurity/inadequacy which is what causes them to be haters in the first place.

Obviously no one successful (success = being fulfilled) would care, but the haters are insecure because of their lack of success. Crabs in a bucket.
Or maybe fans want to see 155 back to how it once was, like when BJ Penn was smashing all comers....not someone sitting in the background saying "make me defend"

Or maybe fans want to see 155 back to how it once was, like when BJJ Penn was smashing all comers....not someone sitting in the background saying "make me defend"

It's not Conor's fault that he's way above everyone else and no one can pay him his worth.

When he came into the UFC he launched an assault on everyone, you should be grateful for this.

It's not Conor's fault that he's way above everyone else and no one can pay him his worth.

When he came into the UFC he launched an assault on everyone, you should be grateful for this.
I'm not gonna bite to your silly little attempt. A true fan understands where i'm coming from. You obviously started watching mma in a different era

It doesn’t. In any way. It was the correct thing to do, I mean he had his chance to pull his tail out from between his legs. He chose not to act. Still respect the gregs tho

Last one

Somewhere in my soul there's still hope one day MMA will move beyond the bald man and his bullshit

I'm not gonna bite to your silly little attempt. A true fan understands where i'm coming from. You obviously started watching mma in a different era

I've been watching MMA for 15+ years bro. Go ahead and quiz me.

Conor is king. Deal with it.

In your opinion how long can he hold onto the belt without fighting or defending ?.

I think dana said already that if he doesn't agree to a fight by the time khabib/tony happens then he'll be stripped.

That seems fair to me. 1 year seems fair actually which already passed.

Conor has done a lot though so he's a special case, but an ultimatum to him at this point seems fair.

Back