WHy does T-City have problems with grammar?

From his twitter:
I get it he's genetically mexican but he was born and raised in the US.
<209Bitch>
I'm mexican and grew up in LA trust me, his english is actually pretty good compared to some of my associates. I actually suck at speaking spanish thats why my english better than average

Cuz he keep sayin T City and all that.

It has nothing to do with the education system. It has to do with the people you are raised around, and the culture you adhere to. Most Americans don't want to accept that fact, and like to blame "the system." Often, it's for for political reasons, but mostly because Americans don't value education in and of itself. A lot of this is due to the Calvinist sheep herders who pursued America for land, and religious reasons only.

Americans are a much more material minded people, and less of an intellectually minded people. You don't even have to have a standard education to speak properly, and to master basic grammar. You simply have to be well read. Most Americans, and even many British people are not well read. They now rest on their colonizer's laurels.

With that being said, none of this matters in Brian's field of endeavor; so it's hard to imagine how this can be a serious complaint. I expect most MMA fighters to be as dumb as a box of rocks, and I am only surprised if they aren't.

Why does your Mom squirt to pictures of his eyes? Life is full of questions.

I blame the lazy modern social media communication age of texting, internet jargon and acronyms.

Where people are so used to poor language/writings skills, where now that correct language skills have gone astray or erred, due to the pressure of keeping up on social media trends.

It is hard to keep a balance as a 47 year old though!

Last edited:
From his twitter:

I get it he's genetically mexican but he was born and raised in the US. I mean, even 15yo school dropout McGregor has better English.

I know he's a fighter and all but from a Gracie product I expect more: even though he talks in a cringy way, Rener is very well-spoken and articulate.
Why then, is Ortega's written English so bad? No hate here, I actually like him as a fighter...love the slick nasty finishes

RG0BS1U.gif

Unless there’s some sort of handicap, one should be able to write and speak properly in their native tongue.

Two reasons. Product of the American education system and he gets punched in the head for a living.

I get it he's genetically mexican but he was born and raised in the US. I mean, even 15yo school dropout McGregor has better English.

I know he's a fighter and all but from a Gracie product I expect more: even though he talks in a cringy way, Rener is very well-spoken and articulate.
Why then, is Ortega's written English so bad? No hate here, I actually like him as a fighter...love the slick nasty finishes

Your Trump is showing.

Why do people expect professional cage fighters to be articulate speakers?

Brian is weird. But as long as he speaks and writes better than a Diaz brother, I'm ok with that.

Back