Why does nobody talk about Jacare title shot?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BrazilPitbullUS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. BrazilPitbullUS

BrazilPitbullUS Green Belt

Well recently through mma media i've heard Gegard Mousasi more talked about as a possible number one at MW, a guy who's not even in the UFC and Jacare dominated for three rounds then submitted Mousasi. He had a split decision war with Kelvin Gastelum and lost a very close decision. Yoel Romero also beat Jacare by split decision in a match that even Joe Rogan said on his podcast that he'd thought Jacare had won. Not to mention a 2nd round cage grab by Yoel that obviously prevented a TD in that round. The ref even stopped the match and warned Yoel of the cage grab put the fight started back on there feet and although Jacare probably still won that round it prevented a early td that could have changed the outcome of that match. Jacare did get a TD in the 3rd round and dominated Yoel with ground and pound for 2 minutes or so. Jacare got dropped bad in the first round but ok he lost a split decision. There was of course his bad showing against Robert Whitaker. He had a recent torn shoulder/Pectorial injury which is actually visuable if you pay attention in that fight. Its like a bend in his pec muscle where the shoulder pec muscle connect. Very serious I actually had the same injury, I could train but my whole arm was weak and compromised. It was never talked about in maistream media, I heard about it here in Brazil but from what I saw it wasn't covered much here either. He had a serious sugery for it after the fight which I didn't even do myself cause of all the trouble the sugery would cause.

Now those are all his UFC losses in his 9 UFC wins include names as ex champion Chris Weidman(KO), ex title contender Yushin Okami(TKO), ex UFC champion Vitor Belfort(TKO), Derek Brunso(KO) Mousasi,Boestch and Camozzi by submission. Not to mention Robbie Lawler, Tim Kennedy, Matt Lindland and Ed Herman all current or ex UFC fighters. He's ranked 4th under Romero and Gastelum who he had two split decision losses that could have easily been ruled wins... My point is I don't feel Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza is getting anyway near the respect he deserves. After Gastelum/Whitaker fight its either him or Yoel by the rankings and last I heard Yoel couldn't fight Paulo Costa cause of injury so lets get Jacare some respect guys. Throw in a good Jacare mix here at the end, guys one of the greatest submission grapplers of all time too.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    danareem likes this.
  2. KeiranMc

KeiranMc Brown Belt

I'd have no complaints of Jacare was next, would love to see him win the belt.

BrazilPitbullUS likes this.
  3. ftpngo

ftpngo Green Belt

cause he got smoked fairly recently by the current champion. Styles make fights and bobby knuckles has his number

Gohel, Kwic, johncola and 2 others like this.
  4. IAmTheGOAT

IAmTheGOAT Banned Banned

Because he got KOed not so long ago by the champion Robert Whittaker and lost to the current challenger in May.

5. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

He's a little too inconsistent so I'm not sure me nor many others think he wins the belt.

Juventud and Answer like this.
  6. ralphus1

ralphus1 Faith and begorrah!

How many title shots has Jacare missed due to injury?

7. IAmTheGOAT

IAmTheGOAT Banned Banned

He's 2-2 in his last four fights when you lose to the current champion and want a title shot you better fight 3 or 4 times a year and win all the fights.

8. NoSmilez

NoSmilez Black Belt

It's because I don't like how his head is shaped. jk he did lose to the champ a while back.

9. BrazilPitbullUS

That should not define the future, fighters have bad nights it can be a million things. I know one thing for sure is Jacare has only been finished in a standing exchange in his first MMA fight in 2003 against Vale tude and bjj legend here in Brazil, Jorge "Macaco" Patino who had already some 20 pro fights at the time. Then the Whitaker fight he got beat up, your right it is probably one of the reasons why we don't hear his name mentioned much for a title shot.

10. BrazilPitbullUS

He was never granted a title shot as far as I know.

11. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

Whittaker beats him anyway.

So if he needs to be sacrificed so be it.

12. dawzz

dawzz Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Jacare deserves it IMIO . I also thought that he beat both Romero and Kelvin.

HaulParris and BrazilPitbullUS like this.
  13. BrazilPitbullUS

You have to consider who the losses were too and how both those losses could have gone either way. It comes down to opinion of course but the loss to Yoel and Kelvin many journalists had for Jacare. MMA the sport we should all know now its not black and white, we've all heard of mma math and how its impossible.

14. IMPmmath

IMPmmath Brown Belt

Even though Yoel "lost" to Robert he still pummeled him around the ring and made him look bad throughout. Jacare got finished by Robert. If anything its time for Yoel/Jacare 2.

BrazilPitbullUS likes this.
  15. BrazilPitbullUS

Newer fans maybe take a look at his highlights, its full of finishes and high level competition since day one. Jorge Patino was his first fight a Strikeforce veteran, his second fight was Alexander Shlemenko ex Bellator champion at MW. Jacare put him to sleep brutally in the first round. Hasn't had easy fights his whole mma career because he's been considered one of the best grapplers in the world since 2004.

HaulParris likes this.
  16. VirginNose

VirginNose Orange Belt

Cause sadly not many people care about jacare

mikehunt likes this.
  17. FreddieRoachsVoice

FreddieRoachsVoice Blue Belt

Because he has lost all of his important fights since joining the UFC and really hasn't notched any signature wins in that time period either IMHO.

I agree the Mousasi hype on here gets out of control but Jacare getting sloppy 4ths on Weidman is not exactly the caliber of win in 2018 to warrant a title shot just like that. Jacare needs to sh*t or get off the pot now IMO because his window as a top contender is closing

18. Dilan Cummingsworth

Dilan Cummingsworth Orange Belt

I wanted to see he and Rockhold for the rematch but it looks like that wont be happening. If he does get a title shot hope it's soon because he's getting up there in age. Literally just turned 39 so not sure much longer he'll be in the game for

19. HaulParris

HaulParris Gold Belt

I think it’s weird that Anderson-Adesanya winner supposedly gets a title shot, but Jacare, who has paid his dues without pissing hot, is once again left out of the conversation.

20. 0verlord

0verlord Blue Belt

Brazilians don't age well in any sport.