Why does MMA get held to a different standard than other sports regarding PEDs?

SaintSoldier

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's basically known than most top NBA/NFL/MLB players are all on something, yet none of these orgs use USADA, and 99.99% of fans of these sports don't care in the least. Football is even more dangerous than MMA, yet peds are widespread and NFL drug testing is a joke. So why do only MMA/UFC fan get bent out of shape over PEDs?

Football is not more dangerous, the only reason to say that is because of guys who played football for their whole lives, mma just hasn't been around long enough for us to have that kind of data, just wait.

It's basically known than most top NBA/NFL/MLB players are all on something, yet none of these orgs use USADA, and 99.99% of fans of these sports don't care in the least. Football is even more dangerous than MMA, yet peds are widespread and NFL drug testing is a joke. So why do only MMA/UFC fan get bent out of shape over PEDs?

Because MMA is a full contact sport with minimal rules.

I'd honestly blame it all on GSP. He started the original demands...

because these people are taking steroids and then taking years off of eachother's lifespans

football is even worse

Because roids in hand to hand combat is a tad more dangerous than playing basketball or running a football in pads. So when a known POS gets let off with a hand slap for a 2nd time... MMA fans kinda get “Bent Outta Shape”

Especially when the USADA (And some other orgs) or only really strict with certain people. Clean fighter vs Roided fighter = Dangerous advantage. It would be different if both could compete with the same ‘tainted supplements’

Because this isn't a team sport.

The individual carries the can.

Team sports the team usually covers some asses

Nothing to do with it being more dangerous. Athletics and cycling etc all of those guys get equal shit.

In a team the team itself and the owners can carry some of the shit.

Because there is more money in most sports, so the owners dont really Care whos juicing. Whatever makes them play better. The drug testing is such a joke, its only in place to save face, if you fail in the nfl or nba, you’re clueless

the owners of nba nfl pay tons for players mistakes.

I don't give a shit. I wish they all did. What's the fuckin point of having PEDs if nobody is allowed to use them?

Beating someone half to death is different than shooting/hitting a ball.

The main problem lies on or is a free for all thing or not... If exists strict testing but big names can get around we ain't seeing even play field... That is bullshit, if guys can get roided with trt exempt and everyone else has to be clean is not even play field... Just get a way that everyone can or can't.

Football is not more dangerous, the only reason to say that is because of guys who played football for their whole lives, mma just hasn't been around long enough for us to have that kind of data, just wait.

NFL is definitely more dangerous.

in the current UFC, you will NEVER see Francis Ngannou fight Tyron Woodley.

in the NFL, there are running backs the size of Woodley and they can easily get crushed by multiple guys bigger than Ngannou.

It’s a double standard for sure. Getting popped for PEDs is almost a right of passage in the NFL and MLB.

it is a pretty big deal in MLB and as far as I know their testing is pretty tough. Batters don’t hit as many home runs and pitchers don’t have the longevity that they did in the steroid era so there has been a noticeable improvement. Whether that has more to do testing or players fearing the examples made of Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, McGwire, etc. I don’t know. However, the game has lost a considerable amount of popularity since the Mitchell Report.

Nobody cares about NFL players using. There isn’t much in the way of individual glory to put an asterisk next to.

Nobody questions NBA players but I think it would be a big deal if somebody big popped. Nobody pops and NBA players don’t fit the profile of steroid abusers.

It’s more important in MMA because it’s an individual sport.

The reason MLB steroid scandal was a big deal was because individual players were breaking individual records set by clean players.

because the goal of combat sports is physically to damage your opponent - people have died from injuries suffered in MMA and boxing
taking PEDs allows you to do more damage to your opponent, therefore increasing chances of permanent injury, death

To make it more marketable to the public.

If you have to ask that you probably shouldn't be posting on an MMA forum.

Because generally the main goal of other sports doesn't involve trying to beat someone else unconscious in a cage

Back