Why does Joe Rogan keep defending Jon Jones?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I get he's a fan but his many defenses of Jones almost make no sense...

He's tested positive TWICE, not when he's old and wants to get that glory again but in his physical prime. He's talented but it's so obvious he most likely abused steroids for much of his career.

I mean there was a story where he hid under his gym's octogon to avoid a drug tester...

I mean Joe still believes Jones is innocent, lmfao.

Edit; first of all, I love watching his Jones fights but it's just hilarious to watch so many videos on reasons why Jones tested positive for steroids by Joe Rogan... each one changing each time lolololol

just funny he defends jones nonstop but he wont even say GSP is one of the best ever, whos never popped once.

Maybe Jon has some dirt on him.. maybe they sandblasted prostitutes together and shared needles.

Cuckold fetish

No seriously, he just loves greatness and Jones was great even if he was juicing

Because Joe Rogan is a mark ass bitch, thats why.

just funny he defends jones nonstop but he wont even say GSP is one of the best ever, whos never popped once.

That pisses me off, too, even as a fan of Rogan. He even kind of argued with his JRE guest John Donaher against Gsp being the GOAT on his live show.

I listen to Rogan theorize but even he is quick to point out that they are only possibilities. I haven't heard him go out on a limb and "defend" Jones. He is paid to talk about MMA on the other hand so the topic of how or why Jones does what he does *might* come up on occasion.

When he talked about Jones *possibly* getting tainted coke, talking (mind you he gets paid to exactly this) about how or why Jones popped, trying to make sense of it...it was by no means a defense.

Because Jon makes Rogans friend Dana a lot of money and Rogans a company man.

He has been doing the same for Yoel recently. I listened to part of the podcast with Gail the Snail, and he went on some weird rant of how Cubans have amazing genetics, and totally glossed over Yoel's PED use. Apparently he believes the genetic angle simply because Yoel told him that. He is a gullible dude (not to mention a user himself).

His attempted excuses for Jon are even more bizarre.

Joe Rogan is a tool. He’s at his worst with Brendan Schaub. They jump from heresay to logically fallacy until their nonsense collapses like a house of cards. King of Bro Science and Bro Logic.

Because Joe thinks he did bad blow.

Which is probably right, but defenseless in its own right so idk

Maybe it was that sober month he did

Back