Why does everyone think Khabib deserves a shot at the title?

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just because Khabib says so, doesn't make it so. It's understandable for him to push his own case for the title shot but to see a bunch of shertards parrot it makes me cringe.

#1 he hasn't fought anyone in top 5 besides RDA 2 years ago

#2 his last two fights were against guys like Michael jOhnson (middling contender) and Darel horacher (who THE FK is that guy?)

#3 he's injury prone

I personally think the fight to make is Tony Ferguson vs Khabib. Let's see who the true LW contender is. Both guys are up there, but not one or the other deserves a title shot until they face off against each other.

Thoughts?

Him and Tony are both deserving. I am not convinced Khabib is more deserving than Tony.

Exactly. He hasn't earned his shot. Ferguson deserves it. Khabib fought twice in the last 2 years and hasn't beaten a top 5 fighter. Conor had a much better resume and his haters thought he didn't deserve his shot.

Ferguson should get the shot or Khabib and Ferguson fight an eliminator.

Really doesn't mean much. Look at his last few opponents. His best win was against RDA.

RDA was top 5 at the time. Michael Johnson was close to the top 5.

If not, Ferguson is also worthy of a title shot. 9 fight win streak including a 5 round decision over a better version of RDA in Mexico City to boot. It has to be one of them, no more excuses.

I dont' see why not. It's not like he's going to win though.

Who is this 'everybody'? Lol

He is behind Tony and Nate.

Well they gave Conor a shot and he did nothing to earn it. why not an undefeated fighter that actually fights in that division?

I want Ferg vs Khabib but if they are not doing that and it's either Ferg or Khabib for title shot it has to be Khabib's 24-0

24-0 (9-0 in the UFC). The only person you can say might deserve it more is Tony Ferguson.

Ferguson for titleshot

Khabib vs Alvarez, winner gets titleshot

Its the Mayweather complex...
If McGregor fights Khabib, then hes ducking Aldo (lol), Ferg, Nate and Max
If he fights the others then hes automatically ducking 4 fighters.
Its a no-win situation.
Aldo and Khabib have a similar situation: Both viewed as undefeated, both pose as a threat in one area or another.
If Conor fights and sleeps Khabib, expect the same ponies who argued post Aldo to argue for Khabib.
25-0 with Ferg on his record would arguably double his credentials. Conor doesn't shy away from money.

Roman Gonazalez is on the verge of beating Mayweathers record. Do you know him? Probably not. Why? Because he doesn't speak up. If Khabib wants a shot at money and the title, he has to make a legitimate claim for it. Because if records got you title fights then Holloway, Romero, Ferguson and many others would have had that by now

Because he does....

On top of his undefeated record, he just beat the brakes off the last guy to beat Ferguson.

Conor! Stop making bullshit threads. Go back to you touchbutt.

Back