Why does everyone hate McGregor?

everyone? he has no shortage of lemmings tucked firmly under his nutsack as evidenced by this same thread being made every other day in order to elicit some sort of sympathy or praise for him.

Last edited:
People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

Not even Allah will save Khabib from this beating.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor
This is a prime example of why Conor gets heat. His fans are cancerous to these boards

There is no hate. I just think he has made a career off of fighting smaller fighters and that without his size he is a good but not great fighter. We will see with this upcoming fight and if he gets beat we will know exactly where he stands. What does he do if he loses? Does he try to cut back to 145?

On the flip side, if he does beat Khabib that would be huge as this will be his toughest test to date.

His fans are another reason he gets a lot of shit. They don’t seem to be well informed when it comes to MMA.

It's like when Metallica made their first music video and fans spat on them, everyone likes to think they have their own underground favorite fighter, as soon as they're mainstream and randomers talk about them the snobbiness kicks in.
When i heard gangbangers blastin them that was it.

prefered him when he was jus ta humble irishman without the act

I think you answered your own question in the OP. He's a pretentious cocksucker who has had the easiest ride to Fame and fortune, not by his skills, but by his childish behavior. He tapped into the mainstream conscientious with their inner douchebag. Sorry but it sells. The world's a shit place and now people are waking up to this puppet that acts like he owns everything. He's fucking scum.

Holy shit, you may want to talk to a therapist

There is no hate. I just think he has made a career off of fighting smaller fighters and that without his size he is a good but not great fighter. We will see with this upcoming fight and if he gets beat we will know exactly where he stands. What does he do if he loses? Does he try to cut back to 145?

On the flip side, if he does beat Khabib that would be huge as this will be his toughest test to date.

His fans are another reason he gets a lot of shit. They don’t seem to be well informed when it comes to MMA.

Funny Conor is the one dude at 145 who could consistently make weight

I appreciate his talent and fights, I don't care for his long gaps between fights (though I understand it), and his personality is a mixed bag of good and bad to me.

In general, you should probably ignore both the haters and the gushers, because both mindsets are extremely unhealthy.

Same reason I hate Trump his stupid freaking mouth.

He has never defended one time he will never grind and fight all comers to seal a lineage either especially at this stage.

1-3 more fights left in him I think as in that is all he is interested in.

He is a great fighter just sucks as a person.

You won’t be saying that when he beats Wilder and goes on to beat Joshua. Just you wait and see. The Gypsey king is back. Return of the mac 2018

If he goes to the US and tans wilder that will be a big step towards it but he has to beat AJ to even be considered as the best in his division.

The mad thing is he could definitely beat them both if he was at his peak but he isn't even close, those last 2 fights were an embarrassment.

When Conor showed up in the ufc and started building his profile the posters on this forum LOVED him. Now when I read any post about McGregor it seems like the majority of fans absolutely hate him, to the point of being blind of his skills and talent.

Serious question. Why?

Is it the recent inactivity? Is it the E Chapo personality and cockiness? Is it because he left your precious sport to go make more money boxing? Is it because he has never defended either of his titles? What is it?

This has happened with Jones, it happened to GSP, it kinda happened to Cormier, why do mma fans hate the best and most talented fighters? What is it about MMA fans?

I find it weird. I have been watching MMA since it’s inception in the early nineties and I can objectively say that Conor is one the best talents this sport has ever seen. He is a generational talent. In my opinion he has the best hands in MMA history. He fights are fun to watch.

Why the hate?
Is this Rogan? What's up with this "once in a generation" crap?

Seems to me you are sucking too hard to see the reasons.
And after denying all the reasons given, you then ask for it again....

IDC about the rest.
I dislike the disrespect from him. The same way I dislike from Colby or from any other fighter whom, unfortunately, learned that this is the best way to make money on this greedy promotion.

But as I just noted, I blame the promotion for not only allowing, but making it clear that they LIKE this path.
Add the fact that Conor does not care for the sport of MMA, and I really don't care for him.

I do appreciate his skills, but I don't go out of my way to justify why a fighter is not fighting.
I blamed GSP for putting a WC on hold while he fought for that belt and then left... I don't see why I would treat Conor any differently. And he did so with two WC's.

Willing to bet anything you won’t put any $ up on this fight. Typical Conor dellusional fanboy.

But I assume this is a troll response. If not, let’s bet.

People hate on greatness. It’s the same reason people in boxing hate Tyson Fury because he is the greatest boxer of our generation.

Conor will hurt Khabib very badly when they fight. Khabib will regret putting his hands on Conors right hand man Lobov.

Not even Allah will save Khabib from this beating.

“When I swing that left hand, the human skull can not take it” - Conor “the pound for pound greatest mixed martial artist to ever walk the face of the earth” Mcgregor

If he goes to the US and tans wilder that will be a big step towards it but he has to beat AJ to even be considered as the best in his division.

The mad thing is he could definitely beat them both if he was at his peak but he isn't even close, those last 2 fights were an embarrassment.
The fight he had this past weekend was hardly an embarrasment. Maybe you’re not familiar with how Fury fights but it’s never been pretty to watch. However he outclassed Pianetta every single round. How is that embarrassing?

Willing to bet anything you won’t put any $ up on this fight. Typical Conor dellusional fanboy.

But I assume this is a troll response. If not, let’s bet.
I did I bet Conor will win first round ko.dont need to bet with you. I already bet my own money

The fight he had this past weekend was hardly an embarrasment. Maybe you’re not familiar with how Fury fights but it’s never been pretty to watch. However he outclassed Pianetta every single round. How is that embarrassing?

I'm familiar with how he fights. Pianeta had absolutely zero business being in there with him and still saw the final bell. He (and the BT commentators) tried to sell it as "getting some rounds in" but if that was true he would have turned it on in the 8th-10th and sent him home early, he couldn't.

He didn't look as sharp as he did before, he had a lot less snap, his footwork was slower and less fluid...He just didn't look like the fighter that beat Wlad and that's what he will need to take out Wilder and AJ.

His fight with Wilder should be a formality, it isn't, that should tell you how much shit has changed.

I am the opposite I like conor, took awhile to get there, hated him at first

Back