Why do you think triple g will be a tough matchup for Canelo?

Jacobs for one.

The problem isn't that he has some shitting fights mixed in with good fights. The problem is he fought three joke bum fights in a row. Before that he faced a murderers row and most of that wasn't even on ppv. So going to ppv against nobodies pretty much just sucked.
No one was asking for Danny until he just fought Golovkin.

No one was asking for Danny until he just fought Golovkin.

I don't think anyone was asking Canelo to fight Danny. But I was hoping he would fight Jermall and Jermell Charlo, Demetrius Andrade, Kell Brook...hell even Danny Garcia and Thurman. And I am actually more interested in him fighting those guys than GGG in some ways. Stylistically, some of the other guys are more interesting.

I don't think anyone was asking Canelo to fight Danny. But I was hoping he would fight Jermall and Jermell Charlo, Demetrius Andrade, Kell Brook...hell even Danny Garcia and Thurman. And I am actually more interested in him fighting those guys than GGG in some ways. Stylistically, some of the other guys are more interesting.
Canelo probably fights the majority of them. Hes young as hell and is about to take the top dog now.

Its fucking ridiculous to act as if his resume is lackluster honestly.

Last edited:
You are fake news.

I said Canelo has a great chin. That's a fact.

If he moves up to superheavyweight and gets knocked out by the ghost of Butterbean that has fuck all to do with the fact he had a great chin when I said he had a great chin. I never said he would have a great chin in the future at every fucking weightclass.

This is some piss poor logic. Canelo had always been a natural MW. He's never taken shots from a decent punching natural MW. Therefore we cannot say anything about his chin as a MW.

The logic here is so basic you have to be playing dumb to miss it.

Cotto.

But let me guess, the former MW champion doesn't count for some reason.

Cotto is not a natural MW, let alone a good punching MW.

But you knew this.

The leaps of logic Floyd fans go to to defend Canelo at his natural weight are absurd.

I think this fight is completely unfair because of GGG massive size advantage. He's basically cheating (even though he's made the contracted weight every single time) and should be fighting guys in his real weight class and should stop picking on smaller guys at MW. I mean look what happened when he fought a bigger, taller guy finally in Jacobs. Looked completely human if not arguably lost that fight.

Figures he would take the easy way out and fight a much smaller, blown up WW basically....again. Should take the rematch with Danny. GGG will prob have 30 lbs on Canelo come fight night. Look how tiny Canelo looked in there with JCC.

<{yearp}>

This would be funny if a) it were witty or b) it were true.

It's neither.

Canelo has weighed in in the mid 170s for fights. He's as big if not bigger than GGG.

Cotto is not a natural MW, let alone a good punching MW.

But you knew this.

The leaps of logic Floyd fans go to to defend Canelo at his natural weight are absurd.
Cotto is a good puncher at 160 though. He stopped Martinez, he stopped Geale (in only one round less than GGG), and stopped Rodriguez (only stopped once before). Chavez Jr. could punch decently too. Kirkland is a big puncher period. It's silly to say he hasn't had his chin tested, he has.

This is some piss poor logic. Canelo had always been a natural MW. He's never taken shots from a decent punching natural MW. Therefore we cannot say anything about his chin as a MW.

The logic here is so basic you have to be playing dumb to miss it.

You have to be fucking trolling. No human being capable of typing complete words could be this stupid.

I never said he had a great MIDDLEWEIGHT chin. I said he had a great chin you fucking retard. All his opponents weighed in the same as he did the day before the fight(except Angulo)and many of them were impressive punchers. None of them were capable of hurting him.

Aren't you the idiot who wants fighters to make weight right before they walk into the ring and die fighting because it would be more "fair" somehow? Had I remembered that before I wouldn't have wasted time replying to your nonsense.

Cotto.

But let me guess, the former MW champion doesn't count for some reason.
He's a guy moving up in weight so I don't think we can say he's a big punching MW. If Canelo absorbs GGG's punches as easily as he did Cotto's I'll admit I was wrong. I predict he'll spend a lot more time on the back foot than he did against Cotto though.

I think this fight is completely unfair because of GGG massive size advantage. He's basically cheating (even though he's made the contracted weight every single time) and should be fighting guys in his real weight class and should stop picking on smaller guys at MW. I mean look what happened when he fought a bigger, taller guy finally in Jacobs. Looked completely human if not arguably lost that fight.

Figures he would take the easy way out and fight a much smaller, blown up WW basically....again. Should take the rematch with Danny. GGG will prob have 30 lbs on Canelo come fight night. Look how tiny Canelo looked in there with JCC.

<{yearp}>
Not sure if you're being sarcastic too. GGG is not a huge MW Jacobs is. Canelo is a huge JMW the same way Jacobs is. He weighs in the 170's by fight night. Maybe GGG will have some weight on him but it shouldn't be too much. Height and reach will probably be more of an issue than weight.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic too. GGG is not a huge MW Jacobs is. Canelo is a huge JMW the same way Jacobs is. He weighs in the 170's by fight night. Maybe GGG will have some weight on him but it shouldn't be too much. Height and reach will probably be more of an issue than weight.
Seriously you're not sure? Lmao.

He's a guy moving up in weight so I don't think we can say he's a big punching MW. If Canelo absorbs GGG's punches as easily as he did Cotto's I'll admit I was wrong. I predict he'll spend a lot more time on the back foot than he did against Cotto though.
eh, he looked every bit as devastating against Geale as Golovkin did. He had Sergio on queer street with every shot he landed. Cotto's power isn't really in question.

eh, he looked every bit as devastating against Geale as Golovkin did. He had Sergio on queer street with every shot he landed. Cotto's power isn't really in question.
He's a power puncher but I don't think it's clear he's a devastating puncher at MW. Martinez was his best opponent, aside from Canelo, but his knees were shot. Canelo has a good beard but I suspect GGG's punches will have much more effect than Cotto's.

He's a power puncher but I don't think it's clear he's a devastating puncher at MW. Martinez was his best opponent, aside from Canelo, but his knees were shot. Canelo has a good beard but I suspect GGG's punches will have much more effect than Cotto's.

I don't care about Sergio's knee. No one cared about it until he lost. Everytime Cotto touched Sergio, he hurt him. He demolished Geale pretty much exactly like Golovkin did.

Cotto is a big puncher. Period.

I don't care about Sergio's knee. No one cared about it until he lost. Everytime Cotto touched Sergio, he hurt him. He demolished Geale pretty much exactly like Golovkin did.

Cotto is a big puncher. Period.
No, hindsight is 20/20. You may not have cared for it beforehand but it was obviously an issue. Cotto landed punches and most likely GGG will land the same ones too. We'll see if there's a difference in the impact he feels.

No, hindsight is 20/20. You may not have cared for it beforehand but it was obviously an issue. Cotto landed punches and most likely GGG will land the same ones too. We'll see if there's a difference in the impact he feels.
And Geale? What was his issue?

And Geale? What was his issue?
He doesn't need an issue. Cotto is a power puncher not only in force but in technique. He had a good fight with Canelo but was the smaller man. In a few months we'll find out if GGG's punches land with more effect.

He doesn't need an issue. Cotto is a power puncher not only in force but in technique. He had a good fight with Canelo but was the smaller man. In a few months we'll find out if GGG's punches land with more effect.

There is nothing to find out. Obviously GGG hits harder and is bigger than Cotto. That isn't even a question. This whole thing started because some idiot kept spouting off saying Canelo never fought anyone with DECENT power. Cotto doesn't have decent power he has really good power. So does Kirkland/Angulo/Cintron but asshats will be asshats and denial runs deep with logic-free haters.

Canelo has a great chin. Cotto is a big puncher. GGG is a murderous puncher. Those are all facts.

If Canelo gets hit in the mouth by GGG with the same punches lots of other opponents have landed on him I think he goes the fuck to sleep. That doesn't mean Cotto isn't a big puncher and it doesn't mean Canelo has a weak chin. GGG has erasers in his gloves and no one he fights is safe. Unlike Jacobs though Canelo fights orthodox and within range to be hit so putting on a boxing clinic probably won't happen. Someone will get hurt and probably stopped. They both have great chins but GGG has the power advantage while Canelo seems to have much better combos. So damn excited for this one!

There is nothing to find out. Obviously GGG hits harder and is bigger than Cotto. That isn't even a question. This whole thing started because some idiot kept spouting off saying Canelo never fought anyone with DECENT power. Cotto doesn't have decent power he has really good power. So does Kirkland/Angulo/Cintron but asshats will be asshats and denial runs deep with logic-free haters.

Canelo has a great chin. Cotto is a big puncher. GGG is a murderous puncher. Those are all facts.

If Canelo gets hit in the mouth by GGG with the same punches lots of other opponents have landed on him I think he goes the fuck to sleep. That doesn't mean Cotto isn't a big puncher and it doesn't mean Canelo has a weak chin. GGG has erasers in his gloves and no one he fights is safe. Unlike Jacobs though Canelo fights orthodox and within range to be hit so putting on a boxing clinic probably won't happen. Someone will get hurt and probably stopped. They both have great chins but GGG has the power advantage while Canelo seems to have much better combos. So damn excited for this one!
Stop making sense in here.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Back