Why do you love fighting?

Its exciting. The most exciting sport in the world imo. Highest stakes, real drama, mastery of human movement of techniques and athleticism. Inspiring displays of heart, fortitude and determination. Of course its also the purest form of competition. And I guess I just like a little bit of violence.

What fascinates me is that we still are mere animals, and have not turned into robots just yet.
That strong will of being the one on top, respected by the rest of us for showing the way of survival.
It's just something very real and natural about it all, which is very refreshing in these artificial times.

wOCy2xC.gif

It's the most beautiful and pure sport in the world. I love it, I'm addicted to it and I can't imagine a world without MMA anymore.

I love every aspect about it, especially grappling. I also love the personalities that fighting brings forward. Some of those people are outcasts that couldn't ever do something else than fighting.
It was even more genuine before Conor came around and everyone was just themselves.
I admire a lot of personalities in the sport, more so than in any other sport. MMA-Fighters are capable of self-reflection (they have to be), which is an important trait in a human being.

Also they aren't all rich as fuck like soccer players for example, they're mostly just regular dudes who believe in honor and competition, and in the sport and art of MMA.

Because I'm a disciple of the Just Bleed Gods.

The different styles plays a role too. It's interesting to see how one guy beats everybody he comes across but struggles against a different style.

But also the pure man.

It's atavistic--the original drama.
Watching two men fight is like riding a time warp to the first of times.

The purity of McGregors meteoric rise

it is human chess played at high speed with great risk involved
1 unpredictability any man can be king when the stars align just right
2 passion theres a certain passion these warriors have that most do not
3 the art of motion when watching this chess match being played out i find myself in awe of the economy of motion from a simple jab double leg to a complex striking combo like anderso silva could perform most human cannot move like that
4 brutality all the greatest things have come from times of struggle where the is no struggle there is no strength its incredibly astounding to me the upper limits the human body can withstand
5 the beauty of desperation a evenly fought mma match of different styles is no comparison to a come from behind hail mary win silva sonnen is a great example of the beauty of desperation
these are just 5 i could go on for hours

it is human chess played at high speed with great risk involved
1 unpredictability any man can be king when the stars align just right
2 passion theres a certain passion these warriors have that most do not
3 the art of motion when watching this chess match being played out i find myself in awe of the economy of motion from a simple jab double leg to a complex striking combo like anderso silva could perform most human cannot move like that
4 brutality all the greatest things have come from times of struggle where the is no struggle there is no strength its incredibly astounding to me the upper limits the human body can withstand
5 the beauty of desperation a evenly fought mma match of different styles is no comparison to a come from behind hail mary win silva sonnen is a great example of the beauty of desperation
these are just 5 i could go on for hours
With a one minute rest between rounds.
They're like period breaks

What is it about two men beating eachother up in the middle of a cage that fascinates you?
Good thread.
It's so funny to see all those stuppid comments.
I know for a fact that 9/10 never fought before.
Just keyboard wariors.

I love competition and violence.

This is the truest form of sport to me as well being 1 on 1 fighting for your life.

It's atavistic--the original drama.
Watching two men fight is like riding a time warp to the first of times.

Yeah this shit is biblical. First mma fight = Cain vs Abel. Genesis, the very beginning. First time violence came into the world. Ancient primordial genetic memory. Deep shit.

Its exciting. The most exciting sport in the world imo. Highest stakes, real drama, mastery of human movement of techniques and athleticism. Inspiring displays of heart, fortitude and determination. Of course its also the purest form of competition. And I guess I just like a little bit of violence.
This.

Back