Why do we want fighters to win or lose?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's strange how human psychology works.

I wanted Cruz to win against both TJ and Cogar, but I am not a fan of his at all. Actually I think he's a little too full of himself. I have absolutely no reason to like him, in fact I don't.

Mighty Mouse: I like the guy as a person, think he's cool and would hand out with him 100%. Still, in all his fights I want him to lose in a very psychologically subtle way. I remember watching his last Title Defense with a noob friend and I was all complimentary "oh his technique is great, best pound for pound" and all.

Conor: I hate his cocky attitude, all the bragging about money etc. But he's my favorite fighter and i feckin scream when he wins (this might be due to the fact I'm half Irish though, lol)

What do yall think?

...Mighty Mouse: I like the guy as a person, think he's cool and would hand out with him 100%...
981bdd854049725d3bf6afa45f061af9.gif

Not everything makes sense.
IMG_0120.GIF

Attachments

• IMG_0249.GIF
    IMG_0249.GIF
    587 KB · Views: 2
You lost all thread credibility the moment you said "CoGar"

His first name is shorter than that shit nickname, just say Cody you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Can't stand Conor, Cruz or jones and always root against them. I like TJ but want him to lose to Cody... you're kinda right TS the mind is a weird thing.

Just like styles make fights, I think styles and personalities make my mind up about who I want to win fights depending on matchups.

I can't stand Conor or his fanboys but I absolutely want him to knock Mayweather the fuck out

There are a lot of moving parts sometimes.

For example, I have a bias towards underdogs, but sometimes my favorite fighters are clear favorites...so the two bump into one another.

I appreciate and admire technical excellence, but I also love drama and conflict in a fight...so for someone like GSP, those two usually bumped into one another since his 50-45 clinics were pretty close to technically perfect, but rarely dramatic.

MMA fandom can be fun sometimes :D

Some of it has to do with cheering for the guy taking the bigger risk for me personally.

I got this irrational hatred for Gustafsson. I dont even know why, he's a good, exciting fighter, but I just want him to lose.

Back