Why do we allow primitive tribes to still exist ?

According to Kaczynski, their quality of life is much higher than ours and we should live more like them, actually.

According to Kaczynski, their quality of life is much higher than ours and we should live more like them, actually.

It blows my mind that truly primitive tribes have so much more leisure time than we do. Studies have shown that people in primitive tribes typically spend 20ish hours per week gathering food and doing other activities to survive. The rest of the time they spend with their families and/or leisure time.

I'd love to be able to provide for myself and my family on a 20 hour a week schedule.

It blows my mind that truly primitive tribes have so much more leisure time than we do. Studies have shown that people in primitive tribes typically spend 20ish hours per week gathering food and doing other activities to survive. The rest of the time they spend with their families and/or leisure time.

I'd love to be able to provide for myself and my family on a 20 hour a week schedule.

Well they don't exactly have much infrastructure to build and maintain or services to provide. So there wouldn't be much work beyond the bare bone basics. Food and shelter.

That is a myth (again, according to Theodore Kaczynski), since things like making clothes (especially that) take an incredible amount of time. When it comes just to the food and so on it is obviously less time.

All people in the world should have their own countries where they should be free to do whatever they want.

That is a myth (again, according to Theodore Kaczynski), since things like making clothes (especially that) take an incredible amount of time. When it comes just to the food and so on it is obviously less time.

Is the Theodore Kacyzinkski you are referring to the Una-bomber?

If so, why should he be considered an expert in anthropology when he was a mathematician?

I do think making clothes could be time consuming, but that would depend on the area. For example, the Inuits probably need a good deal of time to fashion cold weather clothing, but warm weather tribes who wear less clothing and rather simple clothing at that probably do not need a lot of time.

Additionally I would think leather based clothing, like the type the Inuit wear, would have an incredible lifetime, perhaps being passed down through generations. I don't think they are fashioning clothes all of the time.

We should be trying to be more like them.

For example, more of us should be growing our own food.

Is the Theodore Kacyzinkski you are referring to the Una-bomber?

If so, why should he be considered an expert in anthropology when he was a mathematician?

I do think making clothes could be time consuming, but that would depend on the area. For example, the Inuits probably need a good deal of time to fashion cold weather clothing, but warm weather tribes who wear less clothing and rather simple clothing at that probably do not need a lot of time.

Additionally I would think leather based clothing, like the type the Inuit wear, would have an incredible lifetime, perhaps being passed down through generations. I don't think they are fashioning clothes all of the time.
Yes, he is the Unabomber and i definitely consider him an expert in this field since he lived like 2 years in a cabin he built himself without any technology, so he is talking from experience on that matter. In his book "Technological Slavery" he debunked the myth about working less and gave more, well elaborated examples. I just have trouble remembering all the details which is why i just gave the clothes example.

Yes, he is the Unabomber and i definitely consider him an expert in this field since he lived like 2 years in a cabin he built himself without any technology, so he is talking from experience on that matter. In his book "Technological Slavery" he debunked the myth about working less and gave more, well elaborated examples. I just have trouble remembering all the details which is why i just gave the clothes example.

He was a lone man, who was raised in modern society, who decided to move to the middle of Montana(IIRC). He had no one to share labor with, no one to help teach him skills or pass down knowledge. His experience is unique, but not one that should be held above all other research.

Between October 1963 and January 1965, Richard Borshay Lee conducted fieldwork with the !Kung Bushmen in the Dobe area of Botswana. Presuming that foragers leaving and returning to camp to hunt or gather presented the closest point of comparison to workers in an industrial society leaving for the office or factory and coming home at night, Lee simply recorded who left, when, and when they returned (Lee, 1968).

“In all, the adults of the Dobe camp worked about two and a half days a week. Since the average working day was about six hours long, the fact emerges that !Kung Bushmen of Dobe, despite their harsh environment, devote from twelve to nineteen hours a week to getting food. Even the hardest-working individual in the camp, a man named ≠oma who went out hunting on sixteen of the twenty-eight days, spent a maximum of thirty-two hours a week in the food quest.” (Lee, 1968).

Source

There are a lot of factors to consider though. One guy going out into the woods and doing everything himself, yeah. Maintaining a good supply of food alone would be time consuming to say the least.

I have also heard that homesteading is also way more work than most people realize.

But, it would be less of a burden in a tribe I would think. And of course it would depend on region (how much and of what type of food is there around, what weather has to be contended with, etc)

He was a lone man, who was raised in modern society, who decided to move to the middle of Montana(IIRC). He had no one to share labor with, no one to help teach him skills or pass down knowledge. His experience is unique, but not one that should be held above all other research.

Yeah over time, with knowledge passed down there would be a stable little society built up around meeting the basic needs of the tribe.

Someone from today and just going out and trying it, isn't a good comparison.

What about children born into these tribes not having access to education and the ability to decide if they want to stay within their culture. It's a question of educational empowerment and whether tribes restrict it, imo

No its a question of do parents have the right to raise their kids?

We already had the 'we need to civilize them' phase. Thats how you got aboriginal boarding schools and all that other messed up shit.

No its a question of do parents have the right to raise their kids?

We already had the 'we need to civilize them' phase. Thats how you got aboriginal boarding schools and all that other messed up shit.
There are primitive tribes that don't vaccinate their kids, eat human brains, sacrifice people to altars, etc. They were all raised by their parents to believe that non-sense.

North Koreans raise their kids to believe Kim Jung-Un is a god. Totally fine right? It's their right to indoctrinate their own children.

What if some parents decide to make their child a sex slave at a young age. Hell they have the right to do it, because parents always know best.

Primitive tribes are not better, or good in a different way. They are worse, much worse. Sure the western system has some pitfalls, but it is objectively better than any other way of life, by any way you define quality of life.

I hear some of those tribes actually have kids with a mother and a father who love eachother. We better show them the way.

Living in a cabin by yourself has absolutely nothing to do with native tribes and their lifestyles what so ever.

I'm willing to bet most of the people in these tribes are happier than the average western desk jockey.

There are primitive tribes that don't vaccinate their kids, eat human brains, sacrifice people to altars, etc. They were all raised by their parents to believe that non-sense.

North Koreans raise their kids to believe Kim Jung-Un is a god. Totally fine right? It's their right to indoctrinate their own children.

What if some parents decide to make their child a sex slave at a young age. Hell they have the right to do it, because parents always know best.

Primitive tribes are not better, or good in a different way. They are worse, much worse. Sure the western system has some pitfalls, but it is objectively better than any other way of life, by any way you define quality of life.

The western way of thinking recognizes that enforcement of any way of life unless absolutely necessary is hubris. Its not your job to invade Africa to force them to become like us. This type or interventionism always results in a shit show and the people who advocate it are easily manipulated into invading and attacking countries for their resources under the guise of humanitarian purposes.

All people in the world should have their own countries where they should be free to do whatever they want.

Lol, Facebook 9.0
This is my world, you have to agree with everything I say or leave. I'm a country of one.

"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT"

Back