Why do ufc fighters break a sweat on purpose before a fight? As opposed to simply warming up

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

908127978-1024x1024.jpg 908127968-1024x1024.jpg

Look at this big guy DC sprinting faster than Usan Bolt

I see a lot of fighters already in a sweat by the time they make it to the cage
i know diaz and dc sprint before fights
whats the purpose behind actually sweating instead of just getting the blood flowing / heart rate up?

And for yourself, do you get itchy before you sweat?

Get the flood flowing calm the nerves etc i would assume

that 1st picture is actually hilarious not gonna lie guys

If they come into the fight sweaty it may also provide an advantage grappling in the first round

If you’re covered in sweat you’re harder to grapple I guess that may play a little factor into it

Did you guys see Larkin’s fight in Bellator on Friday?

Dude was oiled up and glistening like a delicious turkey
giphy.gif

Last edited:
they are scared and nervous, that helps to set things right
imagine you do that before the job interview, you would be more confident and less insecure

Seriously???

So basically you're asking "why do people warm up and stretch before exercise"??

Goddamnit, fuck this place.

View attachment 454487 View attachment 454485

Look at this big guy DC sprinting faster than Usan Bolt

I see a lot of fighters already in a sweat by the time they make it to the cage
i know diaz and dc sprint before fights
whats the purpose behind actually sweating instead of just getting the blood flowing / heart rate up?

As soon as the fight starts some guy is going to try to take their head off. Got to get the brain up to speed and in the moment, get some intensity going

Realistically you want to catch that second wind by the time you step in the cage so you don't have all of that nervous energy.

You one of them guys from the parking lot to the locker room straight into the gym doing full sets on bench & arms, no warm ups & blood flow required....

Last edited:
Seriously???

So basically you're asking "why do people warm up and stretch before exercise"??

Goddamnit, fuck this place.

Not sure if you read the title or not, but the question was clearly why get drenched in sweat before a fight as opposed to just getting warmed up

You one of them guys from the parking lot to the locker room straight into the gym doing full sets on bench & arms, no warm ups & blood flow required....

Look kong boy i get it godzilla is gonna smesh ur boy but...the question wasnt why do fighters warm up it was why do they get in a full on sweat

mma= Man on Man Action

lube is entirely necessary

Not sure if you read the title or not, but the question was clearly why get drenched in sweat before a fight as opposed to just getting warmed up
Have you played any school sports that require running/explosivness? Track, football, wrestling, basketball, ETC?

A full contact fight is much different from a workout at the gym

Can’t just be doing gym class stretches and go fight

he does curls in the squat rack

Back